Page 90 of 183 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Entertainment, vaasthavam dhaan.
    My post was not exactly a rant but merely about my (selfish) longing to see Kamal in more meaningful movies/roles; simple yet gripping tales like Mahanathi, Devar Magan, Guna where there was more sincerity than compromises in the filmmaking. The fact that both of these mavericks are ageing, inevitable though it may be, is saddening, and it only pains me further, when time and effort gets eaten away in ventures like Dasa and Mambu (for Kamal; Raaja’s case is quite peculiar in this regard, where often a seemingly dud movie can have some really good songs and bgm!)
    The track record of this combo is very evidently exquisite and Raaja seems inspired to bring out something special every time they work together.
    Of course, we already have enough fodder from all that has been offered to us so far, but like I said earlier, its my naïve selfishness that leaves me yearning for more. Yen vekamketta peraasai!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
    நிச்சயம் ராஜா தான் முதலிடம், கமலுக்கு இரண்டாமிடம் தான்
    +1 ...................
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked most of Balki's comments, except this: "his tunes are simple...etc" or something of that sort

Thalaivan's lines were great as always, though one would have loved to hear more...
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Member Junior Hubber entertainment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, Kamal sir's one was the only worth watching video. I am okay with Balki too as he has shown himself as HC fan of Raja many a times and not a man with music knowledge; so we can accept his comments. I agree with his Aadhangam that the other part of India was not lucky enough to listen his songs/compositions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    I liked most of Balki's comments, except this: "his tunes are simple...etc" or something of that sort

Thalaivan's lines were great as always, though one would have loved to hear more...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by entertainment View Post
    Guys,
    I dont understand the so called statement "show casing or extracting the talent to the extent/fully". Can anyone judge/measure left and right extent of ones talent?
    Highly possible thing. But sadly we don;t have the level of native music experts who can fully explore the compositions and compare them with world's bests. But more than bringing that to paper, most of us have logically, at many places, felt his Himalayan high talent. Without doubt, his musical talents/works must be deeply analyzed and presented in a simple manner, for most of us to really understand the magnitude of his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment View Post
    AFA IR concerned he is thinking that ASK RR is world class and personally he feel he has improved a lot compared his early days.
    Nobody is raving about his last work, though most of us find it as best of the recent lot(2010-2011)
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    Usha uthup interview:

http://www.filmfare.com/articles/ush...ingg-2434.html

"Illaiyaraja is her favourite composer. “Everyone is good. But no one has the knowledge of music like Raja sir. Be it Indian ragas, western classical, Indian folk or western pop, he has a thorough knowledge of them all."

thanks,

Krishnan
    Look what she also says : "Name any RD composition and I will name the original."

That's quite interesting!
    (I can name one song, mil gayA - tere liyE of hum kisisE kum naheen is ABBA's mAmAmiA, same song which MSV also copied in ninaiththAlE inikkum)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent post SKV Very interesting to read and I agree 100% with your thoughts. Rightly said, it is very difficult to understand the magnitude of contribution Raja has offered, along with the quality. Still I could not imagine how could have composed 55 films in one year with background score too (average of 40 films per year that time). Manobala was telling recently in some TV show, that they used to be in queue under the shades of trees in Prasad studios for hours to get Raja's music. Still I believe he can even do that today.
    And top of all, many music listeners nowadays are not giving any credit for Raja's magnanimous effort eventhough they claim they were (and not are) Raja fans very proudly, just dismissing with one or two superficial sentences, 'why he is doing like that nowadays and why he is not able to give that much hits' and comparing with other MDs and their hits which is very sad.

It takes more than a life time to understand Raja's compositions and his monstrous contribution to music overall.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakalakalakalaa vallavar View Post
    ஷங்கர், ஒரு மனிதன், 900 படங்கள் முடித்துவிட்டு, 5000 பாடல்களை இசையமைத்துவிட்டு, புதிதாக வரும் ஒரு படத்திற்கு, புதிதாகவும் ட்ரெண்ட்-புதுமையாகவும், இதுவரை இசையமைத்த தன்னுடைய, அல்லது மற்ற இசையின் சாயல்கள் இல்லாது, முற்ரிலும் புதிதாக ஒரு மெட்டு போடவெஏன்டுமெனில், அதே இடத்தில் இருக்கும் மற்ற இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் ஓட்டமெடுத்து ஓடி விடுவார்கள்! ஆனால் ராஜா சும்மா சஸ்டைன் பண்ணாமல், எவ்வளவோ மடங்கு பரவாயில்லை என்கிற அளவுக்கு புதிய ட்யூஙள் தருகிறார். ராஜாவின் சமீப இசை பிடிக்கும் பிடிக்கலை என்பதெல்லாம் வேரு விஷயம், ஆனால், அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை எல்லாம் அவருடைய தொள்ளாயிரத்துச் சொச்ச படம் என்பதை நாம் எண்ணிப்பார்க்காமல் இன்றும் அவர் சூப்பர்ஹிட் பாடல்களை தரவேண்டுமென, ரிடையராகிர வயசிலும், எதிர்பார்க்கிரோமென்ரால், நம்முடைய இசை அறிவு, அல்லது ராஜாவின் திறமை அளவு பற்றின நம்முடைய புரிதல் அளாவு, எவ்வளவு கீழே உள்ளதென புரிந்துகொள்ளவும்.

அதாவது, இதுவரை(சென்ற நூற்றாண்டில்) ராஜா செய்த சாதனையின் மேக்னிட்யூட் நமக்குப்புரிந்துவிட்டால், அழகர்சாமியின் இசை கேட்டுவிட்டு, இப்பெல்லாம் ராஜா இசை முன்புபோல இல்லல்ல?!? என்ற அடிமுட்டாள்தனமான கேள்வியை கேட்கமாட்டோம்தானே? நான் வெரைட்டி,கற்பனைத்திறன் பற்றி மட்டுமே பேசுகிறேன்

அதே சமயம் வருடத்திற்கு ரெண்டே படம் தந்துவிட்டு பெயரை ரீடெயின் செய்யும் தற்கால இசையமைப்பாளர்களை தூக்கி நிறுத்துகிரோம்.

தொழில் தர்மம் பற்றியெல்லாம் கம்பேர் செய்கிரீர்கள், நான் இன்றும் யார் ஹிட்ஸ் தருகிரார்கள், யாருக்கு சம்பளம் அதிகம், யாருக்கு மார்கெட் இன்றும் இருக்கிறது, இதுவரை யார் அதிக வெற்றி தந்திருக்கிறார்கள் என்பது பற்றியெல்லாம் பேசவே இல்லை. செய்யும் தொழிலில் தன்னளவிலான திறமை யாருக்கு அதிகம் என்றுதான் கேட்டேன். தனிமனித மூளைத்திறமை என்று வந்தால், கற்பனைத்திறன், செயல்வேகம், வெற்றிகளின் எண்ணிக்கை, வெளியிட்ட படைப்புகளிலுள்ள விஷயஞானத்தின் அளவு இவையெல்லாம் வைத்துப்பார்த்தால் நிச்சயம் ராஜா தான் முதலிடம், கமலுக்கு இரண்டாமிடம் தான், அதே சமயம், மூன்றிலிருந்து பத்தாம் இடம் வரை காலி தான்.
    இளையராஜாவையும் கமலையும் ஒப்பிடுவது, பாரதியாரையும் mkt-யையும் ஒப்பிடுவது போன்றது. 50 வருடங்கள் கழிந்து கமல் பெரும்பாலும் மறக்கப்படுவர். பாரதியாரும் இளையராஜாவும் மக்கள் நினைவில் நிற்பார்கள்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    in queue under the shades of trees in Prasad studios for hours to get Raja's music.
    இப்போல்லாம் மாசக்கணக்கா - சில கேஸ்களில் வருஷக்கணக்கா - நிக்க வேண்டி இருக்கு ... இல்ல இல்ல, லண்டன், மொரீஷியஸ், ஆஸ்திரேலியா-ன்னு கூட்டிட்டு போக வேண்டி இருக்கு. (எல்லாம் கழிஞ்சிட்டும்
    சில வாரங்களுக்கு மேல் சிலாகிக்கிற மாதிரி ஒன்னும் கெடக்கறதில்லை)
    Last edited by app_engine; 9th June 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's true that music in general (or any art form) doesn't go out of date. So, in a literal or technical sense, the 'dated' word may be inaccurate as genesis has pointed out.

However, from any longterm IR-admirer point of view, he was the king in trend setting in the whole country in his earlier days. He was regarded as someone "way ahead of his time". For e.g. R D Burman (and not some novice fan) reportedly remarked on kOzhi koovuthu that Raja has done something "10 years ahead" of others. So, the dated part should be taken as 'trend-setting' or similar emotional / feeling POV.

That way, even those appreciating recent output of IR would agree that "the feel" is not forward-looking, trendy or even consistent. For e.g. I've seen many in the hub calling 'ayyanAr' (or some other work) possibly done a few years ago and doesn't reflect IR's current sounds Even in the case of kadha thodarunnu, 'ArO pAdunnu dhoorE' is acknowledged as contemporary / mudhi-mudhi-like-sophi while 'mazhavillu' sounding "dated / poor synth work etc".

I took Shankar's 'dated' comment in that sense and agree. Sad but true, IR isn't the trend setter (in songs) anymore.
    Last edited by app_engine; 9th June 2011 at 10:49 PM.