Page 89 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy - Vocabulary and inexperience issue. Seems to be not a true listener of Tamil music.

Vikram - One reason this guy came to limelight is due to raja's music ...Sethu, Kasi, Pithamagan...did not do justice in the interview..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    I always wanted to ask this question only to kamal - Whom do you think is more talented, among you and Raja sir. And the answer i have in my mind is, surely Raja. I hope nobody feels that i belittled kamalji's talent by any ways.
    When it comes to 'integrity' or thozhil dharmam (intentionally not elaborating about the lack of it in Kamal) and sticking to one's principles, Raja scores.

That said, Kamal flows along with time, while Raja chose to stay put (Progressing along doesn't mean you're doing the right thing) probably thinking that this is not the path he wants to take. In that respect, Raja stays a point ahead of Kamal in my book.

To me both of them seem to have lost their way at some time or the other...Raja sounds dated in his new numbers (yeah...yeah...I know I'm going to be slaughtered here for this blasphemy), while Kamal goes on doing meaningless manmadhan Sombus
    shankar posts...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sakala, first of all, thanks for all the links, great job there!

Shankar, interesting points there (one thing I've seen in the hub is that ManSombu has more fans than IR's new albums! if such a comparision can be made)

I would probably twist Sakala’s question a bit and put it this way (at the risk of being seen as an adhigaprasangi):
    We have seen some mesmerizing cinema/music ideas from your combination with Raaja so far. However, do you think the skills of you two have been explored fully?
    if not, what in your opinion is the most significant of the things, preventing you two from coming out with that one absolutely magical film – meaningful writing, honest, innovative filming with an impeccable soundtrack (extra-special selfish plug: live instruments only!)? The one film that could bring eternal satisfaction to fans of you two.
    Sorry, we will not take budget for an answer, for the internet has, fortunately or unfortunately, exposed us to world cinema, where we see quality films (German, Polish, Japanese, etc) made from budgets that probably would be your makeup expenditure.
    Last edited by KV; 8th June 2011 at 03:04 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankar View Post
    Raja sounds dated in his new numbers
    +1, pazhassi rAjA and pA were exceptions (but both were 2009-ers)

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    .Raja sounds dated in his new numbers
    Dated? I think dating applies only to technology, not for art. If so we would not still love 60s - KVM, SDB, 70s - Salilda, RDB, MSV, 80s-IR songs even today. The magician is either simply lost touch or bored with magic or as some people claim here - his magic has transcended common people like me.

We do see a spark here and there now and then like this one: http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp...221%27&lang=en
    Last edited by genesis; 9th June 2011 at 05:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Dated? I think dating applies only to technology, not for art.
    Nicely put, genesis.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Post Thanks / Like
    Usha uthup interview:

http://www.filmfare.com/articles/ush...ingg-2434.html

"Illaiyaraja is her favourite composer. “Everyone is good. But no one has the knowledge of music like Raja sir. Be it Indian ragas, western classical, Indian folk or western pop, he has a thorough knowledge of them all."

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me both of them seem to have lost their way at some time or the other...Raja sounds dated in his new numbers (yeah...yeah...I know I'm going to be slaughtered here for this blasphemy), while Kamal goes on doing meaningless manmadhan Sombus
    ஷங்கர், ஒரு மனிதன், 900 படங்கள் முடித்துவிட்டு, 5000 பாடல்களை இசையமைத்துவிட்டு, புதிதாக வரும் ஒரு படத்திற்கு, புதிதாகவும் ட்ரெண்ட்-புதுமையாகவும், இதுவரை இசையமைத்த தன்னுடைய, அல்லது மற்ற இசையின் சாயல்கள் இல்லாது, முற்ரிலும் புதிதாக ஒரு மெட்டு போடவெஏன்டுமெனில், அதே இடத்தில் இருக்கும் மற்ற இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் ஓட்டமெடுத்து ஓடி விடுவார்கள்! ஆனால் ராஜா சும்மா சஸ்டைன் பண்ணாமல், எவ்வளவோ மடங்கு பரவாயில்லை என்கிற அளவுக்கு புதிய ட்யூஙள் தருகிறார். ராஜாவின் சமீப இசை பிடிக்கும் பிடிக்கலை என்பதெல்லாம் வேரு விஷயம், ஆனால், அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை எல்லாம் அவருடைய தொள்ளாயிரத்துச் சொச்ச படம் என்பதை நாம் எண்ணிப்பார்க்காமல் இன்றும் அவர் சூப்பர்ஹிட் பாடல்களை தரவேண்டுமென, ரிடையராகிர வயசிலும், எதிர்பார்க்கிரோமென்ரால், நம்முடைய இசை அறிவு, அல்லது ராஜாவின் திறமை அளவு பற்றின நம்முடைய புரிதல் அளாவு, எவ்வளவு கீழே உள்ளதென புரிந்துகொள்ளவும்.

அதாவது, இதுவரை(சென்ற நூற்றாண்டில்) ராஜா செய்த சாதனையின் மேக்னிட்யூட் நமக்குப்புரிந்துவிட்டால், அழகர்சாமியின் இசை கேட்டுவிட்டு, இப்பெல்லாம் ராஜா இசை முன்புபோல இல்லல்ல?!? என்ற அடிமுட்டாள்தனமான கேள்வியை கேட்கமாட்டோம்தானே? நான் வெரைட்டி,கற்பனைத்திறன் பற்றி மட்டுமே பேசுகிறேன்

அதே சமயம் வருடத்திற்கு ரெண்டே படம் தந்துவிட்டு பெயரை ரீடெயின் செய்யும் தற்கால இசையமைப்பாளர்களை தூக்கி நிறுத்துகிரோம்.

தொழில் தர்மம் பற்றியெல்லாம் கம்பேர் செய்கிரீர்கள், நான் இன்றும் யார் ஹிட்ஸ் தருகிரார்கள், யாருக்கு சம்பளம் அதிகம், யாருக்கு மார்கெட் இன்றும் இருக்கிறது, இதுவரை யார் அதிக வெற்றி தந்திருக்கிறார்கள் என்பது பற்றியெல்லாம் பேசவே இல்லை. செய்யும் தொழிலில் தன்னளவிலான திறமை யாருக்கு அதிகம் என்றுதான் கேட்டேன். தனிமனித மூளைத்திறமை என்று வந்தால், கற்பனைத்திறன், செயல்வேகம், வெற்றிகளின் எண்ணிக்கை, வெளியிட்ட படைப்புகளிலுள்ள விஷயஞானத்தின் அளவு இவையெல்லாம் வைத்துப்பார்த்தால் நிச்சயம் ராஜா தான் முதலிடம், கமலுக்கு இரண்டாமிடம் தான், அதே சமயம், மூன்றிலிருந்து பத்தாம் இடம் வரை காலி தான்.
    Last edited by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar; 9th June 2011 at 01:24 PM.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    சமீபத்தில் விஜய் ஆன்டனி பேட்டியில் சொன்னது - ராஜா என்ற ராட்சச யானை தின்றுவிட்டு போட்ட மிச்சத்தை வைத்துதான் நாங்களெல்லாம் காலத்தை ஓட்டுகிறோம் - அவரும் சமகால இசையமைப்பாளர்தான். அழகர்சாமியின் இசை பிடிக்கலை என்று சொல்லும் சராசரி ரசிகனும் சமகால ரசிகன் தான். ஆனால் இருவருக்கும் (ராஜாவின் சமீப இசயை விட்டுவிடுவோம்) இடையே, "ராஜா என்றால் யார்?" என சரியாக முழுதாகப் புரிந்தவர் யார்? ரசிகனா அல்லது விஜய் ஆன்டனியா?!?
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Member Junior Hubber entertainment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,
    I dont understand the so called statement "show casing or extracting the talent to the extent/fully". Can anyone judge/measure left and right extent of ones talent? AFA IR concerned he is thinking that ASK RR is world class and personally he feel he has improved a lot compared his early days. BUT according to folks, we were talking about old BGMs like Varusham 16, Thalabathy, Nayagan. So it is impossible to have people in the same plane. On the Kamal part, he may be thinking Mumbai Express, Manadhan Ambu as one step further from his past works. But we dont think so. Rather we were upset with such movies saying he is wasting his time/talent.

So let us stop talking like "giving the best *EVER*" and so.

From my point of view (who does not know anything about music other just finding whether it is soother/pleasant to my heart or not) is that his best is already there.