Thread: Why do people fight over land?

Threaded View

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do people fight over land?

I wonder why people fight over land... I mean... all over the world, there are conflicts... armed conflicts for land... in Kashmir, in the Middle East, etc., etc...

Of course, it is easy for me to comment - I am not, and I have never been directly involved in any such conflicts, and I do not wish to be... I am deeply grateful that I have been fortunate to have a peaceful life... and I wish the same for everyone...

BUT... you see, the thing that makes me wonder... mankind - and that includes all humans, all around the world, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, political/religious beliefs, etc... all humans, all of us, you (the reader reading this), me (the guy who has written this), everyone, EACH and EVERY ONE of us, we all have some common problems to face - the issues of e.g. worsening economic situation of the world, climate change, food shortages, etc. Humanity can only deal with these problems if WE ALL WORK TOGETHER. If we don't, we will not have anything to fight over.

Why is land so important? I mean... do we own the air we breathe? Would it make sense for me to insist that I will only breathe the air inside my house? Would it make sense for me to refuse to breathe any other air?

Yes, of course, if someone came to my house and kicked me out, and told me that the house was no longer mine, yes of course I wouldn't be pleased about it, and I would want to fight back, I want to get my house back. But would I spend my whole life just fighting for that? No! There are other things, more important things in life... like education, etc... Life is too valuable to waste it fighting over something we can never really own...

If two lions fight over territory, eventually the stronger one will chase the weaker one away, and take the territory... might is right... that's just the way it has always been. Doesn't make the stronger lion a hero, doesn't make it an "oppressor", etc. And doesn't mean that the weaker lion is a "coward" or an "innocent victim", etc.

Personally, I think that there is so much that mankind can achieve if we all work together... we all get only one chance... we've only got one earth... we've got to share it... despite all the mistakes that were made in the past, we have to try and forgive and forget, let's try and look to a shared future... where we can create a better world for each other... ESPECIALLY THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS... THE FUTURE IS IN YOUR HANDS... as a person grows older, his future becomes smaller (he has less time to stay on this planet... a person in his fifties has less time than a person in his twenties) So younger people should believe that they can do more... to change the world... despite all the mistakes, they should believe that the world CAN change, NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT IT IS... don't let the older generations fool you into thinking that they know everything... they did what they could, and they may have their beliefs, which are very important to them - when someone has believed something for forty or fifty years of their life, they will find it extremely difficult to let go of their beliefs and accept something new - they will feel uncomfortable with new ideas - similar to how we find it uncomfortable to walk outside after being in an air-conditioned room for an hour... but the younger generations should be open-minded - don't be influenced by cheap sectarian/separatist politics...

I sincerely hope that people all over the world will discard all those things that cause differences between us - blind dogmatic beliefs, whether religious beliefs or political beliefs - we can all be united in our endeavours to build a better future, a bright future for all of us. We should fight against intolerance, no matter what justifications people may try to use ("they started it," etc.).
    "The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement