Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: A R Rahman - Live in Concert - 29 Dec 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword
    "sultanae soda kudikkiraan... kudhiraikku goldspot kaekkudhaam"

Mahen01 if you are not aware,They performed same set of songs in all the concerts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/ar-...ert-in-sydney/

complete coverage...

thalaivar sodhappified in most parts of adhiradikkaaran...

but there are more surprise inclusions in this...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    muscat concert was scheduled for today, right?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber chevy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    muscat concert was scheduled for today, right?
    YUP.. Just got back from it.

PS- I m glad people know a country like oman exists and there is tiny cosy place called muscat. Unlike my college girls in chennai who asked if muscat is a village in north india?

Was good. Would have howled more if it were in Chennai or any other place but home. I m sure A R Rahman thought," Muscat is such a disciplined audience but hey, I m rocking, clap, scream and howl for me. "

Apart from standing up for Vande Mantaram, Cheering for some hits from jodha akbar, one from ghajini, Kabhi Kabhi Aditi, Chandralekha, jai ho, mustafa- mustafa (in tamil), antha arabic kadal oram , we were a comparatively quieter audience.

Apart from ARR, there was Benny,Hariharan, Swetha Pandit, sivamani, Suzzane, Neeti muhan, Rapper Lush, sadna sargam,rashid ali, a french singer etc etc.....Cameras were not allowed but managed to get some mobile pics and videos, will upload later.

First began with Sivamani's awesome -awesome playing..he started with some vessel, slowly switched to some kuthu , then some gujju style music and then some bhangra style, etc..and then ARR came. Sivamani was onstage for all most the whole show. ARR was onstage lesser comparatively. He was first there dressed in the suit and t shirt. with Sivamani for a few songs. In breaks, they played vellai pookal , pray for me brother, etc.

I didn't count how many hindi and how many tamil songs. I think they evened number of hindi and tamil songs pretty well, or maybe I think there were more of tamil songs.. coz I wasn't sitting there feeling like- oh hindi.....

Maybe some people felt- oh, tamil..(coz just earlier today someone told me how the classical indian performing arts scene in oman is so tamil dominated and there is an overdose of tamil already that it is most likely that today's show is likely to have more of tamil, also considering the sponsor is also a south Indian , Dr. Satish Nambiar, Head of the Indian Social club that comprises of Tamil sangam, and all other language's ka sangam).

But irrespective of whether it was hindi or tamil, they were all hits and i guess every1 enjoyed it all). For most of the show, it was like one tamil, then one hindi and then one tamil, and so on. Some good instrumental music as well.

In between he changed into white kurta and wore a turban, sat down played the harmonium, sang some Ghazal-ish songs with two other singers, can't remember the names. Later he was in t-shirt to collect mementos and then again he came with a orange long overcoat for the dramatic ending.

There was a boyish looking rapper Lush, who i just google-discovered is a girl, and she/he was really good.

Sadna Sargam took the stage for a while. She and hariharan sang some Chitra-Hariharan- ARR songs. She also sang Jiya Chaley (dilse).

Benny sang omana penne from VTS, taxi-taxi. He was the most recognizable figure on stage. His roundness, beard, bald hairstyle, hop-jumping style of walking, standard large-checked sweatshirts with the hood over his head.

ARR wasn't on stage as much as Sivamani, the girls(pandit, neeti), benny, rashid ali. He appeared in between songs and his longest continuous stay onstage was towards the end when he sang in tamil mostly- early hits like mustafa mustafe, antha arabic kadaloram, dilse re.... Ending with vande mataram and jai ho.

Overall, I suppose the entire show was more or less like the Jai-Ho shows in other cities.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chevy for the detailed report

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cool chevy very nice write up - u gave us a feel of the concert with ur description

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    But irrespective of whether it was hindi or tamil, they were all hits and i guess every1 enjoyed it all).
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy, mausam and escape- sydney version kaetteengala?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    cool chevy very nice write up - u gave us a feel of the concert with ur description

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    But irrespective of whether it was hindi or tamil, they were all hits and i guess every1 enjoyed it all).
    and chevy is lucky for hearing alternate tamil songs there...
    happy/envy
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Good write up Chevy

Koduthu vachavanga sonna date la mscut la pannittanga, Inga Doha la sothappittanuga padu paavi payaluga

Post Thanks / Like
    adhukkellam alava paavam pannirukkanum....
    Sach is Life..

Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast