Page 171 of 194 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Venkki,

Agreed on the Oororam Puliyamaram part and the the reactions Vikram and Santhanam give when they are introduced to Osma. But casting a transgender as an antagonist or as someone who tries to woo a male is not wrong I believe. If a woman was cast in that role, we wouldn't have had a problem. Why not accept a transgender in that role is my question.

Also, there are many pervert 'uncles' out there. Its good that Shankar showed one as a villain in the movie.
    I thought the Oororom puliyorom part was Understandable. Both sandhanam and Vikram grew up in slum. They don't know anything about the outside world except what they grew up in. It was a natural reaction when they meet a transgender who is in a high place in a society.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    I thought the Oororom puliyorom part was Understandable. Both sandhanam and Vikram grew up in slum. They don't know anything about the outside world except what they grew up in. It was a natural reaction when they meet a transgender who is in a high place in a society.
    Abt highlighted part-Shankar apdilaan ninachi padam edukura aalu illai..atleast in comedy scenes..Right from gentleman there are cheap jokes in his movies..He is not good in romantic scenes and comedy scenes..as venki said there is some improvement in love scenes in "I" movie..
    But overall Shankar movies doesn't disappoint in entertainment quotient..

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched it Friday Theatre was 90% full (it was big screen in Century theatres, Fremont)

Plus:
    Vikram - excellent portrayal of the character and the enormous effort in doing that role with heavy makeup
    Songs + BGM - ARR completely rocks in this department
    Cinematography - PC shows he is the king in cinematography
    Simple revenge story and very well presented on Big canvas
    Amy - She just was stunning. Not sure if it was because of PC. But the way she carried the tamil lip sync was not bad either!

OK's:
    Linear story line, nothing much to rave about, but was not boring either.

Disappointments:
    Lengthy First fight which has no impact on overall Story. It does not help apart from showing Vikram's Physique
    End Train Fight where Upen Patel beats up Vikram to No extent. I was looking forward to something different to happen to him, but it was just a regular tamil cinema thingy.

Mehs:
    Shankar should have clearly avoided the Transgender 'oororam puliyamaram' scene. I somewhat thought he was hurting sentiments of section of people. Simple things to look and avoid. For some it may not be funny
    The unwanted romance by Osma in China (it kind of may be squirm on my seat while watching), but it kind of gives a motive for revenge in overall narration

Enjoyable laughs:
    Santhanam's 'A' jokes which evoke instant Laughs. I personally liked it.

Overall thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Well it is a linear story and I have no qualms with it. Shankar is no Christopher Nolan nor are tamil audiences intelligent enough to understand non-linear presentations. So I'm perfectly fine with the way it was done. Shankar clearly delivered a simple story with gun presentation.

Dropped of my mom and Dad on Saturday evening show and it was completely sold out as well. They enjoyed the movie too. This movie will be a sure shot hit. Will it collect enough to justify the enormous budget is a different story.
    Last edited by Freedom; 20th January 2015 at 12:30 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நாங்கள் பார்த்த ரீகல் சினிமா அரங்கில் இடைவேளை விடவே இல்லை. இன்டர்மிஷன் என சினிமா ரீலில் வந்ததோடு சரி.. உடனே அடுத்தசீனுக்கு தாவிட்டானுங்க.. சின்னப் பையன் வேற பாப்கார்ன் பாப்கார்ன் என தொந்தரவு செய்துகொண்டிருந்தான். பொறுடா கொஞ்சநேரம் இடைவேளை விட்டுவிடுவார்கள். அப்போது வாங்கித் தருகிறேன் என சமாளித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தேன். இடைவேளை விடாமல் படத்தை ஓட்டியதால் இடைவேளையைத் தொடர்ந்து வரும் பாடல் காட்சியில் பலர் எழுந்து வெளியெ சென்றுகொண்டிருந்தனர்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    நாங்கள் பார்த்த ரீகல் சினிமா அரங்கில் இடைவேளை விடவே இல்லை. இன்டர்மிஷன் என சினிமா ரீலில் வந்ததோடு சரி.. உடனே அடுத்தசீனுக்கு தாவிட்டானுங்க.. சின்னப் பையன் வேற பாப்கார்ன் பாப்கார்ன் என தொந்தரவு செய்துகொண்டிருந்தான். பொறுடா கொஞ்சநேரம் இடைவேளை விட்டுவிடுவார்கள். அப்போது வாங்கித் தருகிறேன் என சமாளித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தேன். இடைவேளை விடாமல் படத்தை ஓட்டியதால் இடைவேளையைத் தொடர்ந்து வரும் பாடல் காட்சியில் பலர் எழுந்து வெளியெ சென்றுகொண்டிருந்தனர்.
    in my opinion, that was the best song of the movie. Aila Aila was one of the best picturizations I have seen recently in a while. Awesome creativity and colors! Shankar & PC just nailed it!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watchable for Vikram and Amy, but definitely a disappointment.

What an actor Vikram is !! The effort he has put in deserves accolades. Spending 2 and a half years and working so hard to transform his physique. Amazing! When the end credits were rolling, those who started to leave waited only to see whether he recovers or not. That clearly shows the impact his character made.

2 stunts - the one inside the gym and the one in China were differently choreographed. Anl Arasu

I didn't have any issues with the way transgenders were shown. I mean, that's how they are right? Especially in fashion industry. Do they expect to be shown as the akka in "Onaiyum.." in all movies or what? When you come across transgenders while walking on the road, you avoid them for some reason right?

Vikram's makeup is quite good but in the last 15-20 mins, Shankar has made a mockery of prosthetics. Villains look like cartoon characters. One of them reminded me of a character in Fantastic Four. Silly.

Very long first half...stretched modelling scenes...actors like Powerstar and Ram Kumar (Sivaji's elder son) wasted....adult/vulgar dialogues and scenes...OKish songs...same old revenge drama....Agamotham I is just an OK movie....Vera yaaro sonna madhiri Shankar without Sujatha ivvalo dhaana???
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    No you can give a try. Its worth.
    I would wait till the film is trimmed away from the bloated 3 hrs to 2hr 30min-ish level. Else, see it in 700mb print or whenever Tentkotta.com releases their HD print of I.

More than the indulgent repeat of Anniyan/Indian killings, it's Vikram's performance that is being crowd puller. Next time Shankar should actually hire a proper dialogue writer and not stick with SuBa. I hope Anegan doesn't suffer the same fate in poor writing like Maattrraan did.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sreedhar pillai is SO DESPERATE to promote this movie!! Seems like he made a deal with aascar!

///Sreedhar Pillai @sri50 11h 11 hours ago

#I (Hindi) North India Net : 6.25 Cr + #I Tam&Tel : 2.25 Cr Total Rs 8.50 Cr for North India market from 1800 screen approx.***

What he needs to do is He should report hindi I collection as 6.25 crores for three days.

Why is he combining NI telugu/tamil I version collection with this and blowing the #??

I dont know "our media" is SO PATHETIC!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now andhra bo guy is saying LONG WAY to go. It has to collect 275 crores to get any profit..
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

...it kind of may be squirm on my seat while watching...

The whole film, almost from start to finish, made me squirm on my seat...

It wasn't just the scenes with the "Osma" character, I'd say there was plenty of stuff in the film that was really tasteless...

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

...Shankar is no Christopher Nolan nor are tamil audiences intelligent enough to understand non-linear presentations....

So people who watch Christopher Nolan/Quentin Tarantino/Woody Allen/Federico Fellini films are intellectuals? What about people who watch films like "Billa II"?

"The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee