Page 252 of 268 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Composing for mass masalas will be handicap for the creativity of MDs. That too for a Rajni film, an MD has to compose a customary 'Ennai vaazha vaikkum thamizhagam' type intro song, 2 duets and a philosophical number and all these numbers without heavy beats, taking Rajni's health into consideration. After few times, anyone will get bored and the boredom will reflect in the work. Thats why Rajni has to move to the likes of HJ, Vidyasagar.

ARR could've invested his time in Thala55, a cop story or Vijay58, a fantasy film - genres that ARR has rarely touched.

Lingaa album will definitely be a hit, thanks to brand Rajni and brand ARR. But what is the purpose of calling it a hit if it doesn't satisfy the fans of ARR and Rajni?
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 16th November 2014 at 05:47 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is very quick project.... Nothing to say & Personally I don't like KSR music sense. Apart from muthu all other movie musical failure . They just need for brand ARR to sell product

4. Likes A.ANAND liked this post
    Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    correct ajay. Usually a lot is expected for Rajni's intro song. The biggest letdown was Kuselan and "oh nanba" is not too far ahead

Except "mona gasolina", the album has nothing new to offer. I like "en mannavaa" but as you said it is like another bollywood number.

Some people were slamming KT and Ai which had some excellent work. I wonder what they will have to say about this average album.

I am not sure Lingaa album will be a hit even with the 2 R brands.

Overall this year we saw some great/good albums from ARR - Highway (imo, his best this year), 100 Foot Journey, Kochadaiyaan, Kaaviya Thalaivan, and Ai. Million Dollar Arm soundtrack supported the movie well. Got to say at this time that Lingaa is a failure for thalaivar this year.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k_vanan View Post
    This is very quick project.... Nothing to say & Personally I don't like KSR music sense. Apart from muthu all other movie musical failure . They just need for brand ARR to sell product
    Idk, I liked some songs in Padayappa and Varalaaru. Thenali had couple of good numbers too. This one, though, is average (putting it mildly).

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,
    Believe me, at starting (1st listening) i thought this album a weakest album for ever in ARR career, i was ready to leave this album and stuck with #I and KT.
    Now i am at 5th round, and suddenly the magic is come guys, but i admit no song have ARR touch except Mona Gasolina, give some more chance may be they will grow on you

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thozhar View Post
    Idk, I liked some songs in Padayappa and Varalaaru. Thenali had couple of good numbers too. This one, though, is average (putting it mildly).
    Some songs..yes not complete album like muthu & kochadaiyaan

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k_vanan View Post
    super-ra sonnenga bro!naan manisila nenachatha corect-ta sonnenga..this album not for rahman fans.ellame situational songs mathiri irukku..

KSR director-innu sonnabothey music vise entha ethir paarpom illa..valakkama solrathuthan,padam hit aana songs hit aagidum..
    Last edited by A.ANAND; 17th November 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    kocha,kaviya,I 3 great albume pothum enakku!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Composing for mass masalas will be handicap for the creativity of MDs. That too for a Rajni film, an MD has to compose a customary 'Ennai vaazha vaikkum thamizhagam' type intro song, 2 duets and a philosophical number and all these numbers without heavy beats, taking Rajni's health into consideration. After few times, anyone will get bored and the boredom will reflect in the work. Thats why Rajni has to move to the likes of HJ, Vidyasagar.

ARR could've invested his time in Thala55, a cop story or Vijay58, a fantasy film - genres that ARR has rarely touched.

Lingaa album will definitely be a hit, thanks to brand Rajni and brand ARR. But what is the purpose of calling it a hit if it doesn't satisfy the fans of ARR and Rajni?
    i think we are being a bit unfair to KSR ... Muthu is an out and out Rahman album........and Thenali is Kamal starrer....so leaving both the movies aside... ppl generally dont rate KSR-ARR movies that much....... Padaiyappa may sound average for some..........but i would rate the BGM for that movie as the best for a Rajini starrer (plz dont bring nettrikann or a thalabathy here.... i am talking about Rajini the phenomenon..who arrived from Annamalai)...each and every nuances of Rajini's style captured with ARR's BGMs....... and Varalaru........... had Sun TV bought the rights of that movie (i believe they blacked out this movie because Ajith did not attend a parattu vizha for paasa thalaivar at that time and so it went to Raj TV) and adequate promotions been done, the songs in this movie would have rightly got the deserved reach ........ again in this movie...i dont know about others...i felt the BGM was great...... esp wherever Ajith's style was rocking........ in the Senior Ajith vs Villain son Ajith encounters, top one being the scene where Senior Ajith finally decides to get up, and in the senior Ajith's marriage scene............. when kanika gets to hear about Ajith from her friends and when he was coming down in the stairs

about lingaa...i am yet to hear the songs so i reserve my feedback...but ovvoruthar rendu moonu songs pick panni...maththa song waste nu solranga.... and each one solrathum different two songs ah than irukku........ except Mona Gasolina which seems to be a unanimous favorite....
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    #Lingaa #I & #KaaviyaThalaivan songs in All India @iTunes Top 10 music albums! Rarest achievement! @arrahman genius!