Page 31 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    The origins of Bana-Lingaa

Tarakaksha, Viryana & Vidunmali, famously addressed as Tripurasuras, are siblings of the demon king Tarakasura. Tripurasuras somehow learnt that if you please the God, they grant you what you wish, so they started doing severe penance praying to Brahma. The Creator eventually appeared and granted without any hesitance all they wished but under one condition that they follow the rituals and verses in daily basis. The Boon were => 3 forts which cannot be destoryed alone and its visibilty, that is the location of either of the fort, will be known for a breif moment in only 1000 years. Tripurasuras went ahead and contructed 3 forts with - Gold (occupied Tarakaksha), silver (occupied Viryana) and iron occupied by (Vidunmali). Now that they have this invincibilty, they started to conquer everything, including the God's own land.

Panicking, the Gods went to Vishnu. Hearing the peculiar boon been granted, Vishnu analysed and zeroed the loop-hole. He did many actions, and founded a illusionary relegion that was spread by Naradha, which stated that Heaven-Earth-Hell co-exists. This science of illusion got spread over the years in the 3 forts, now famously known as Tripuri. The time mark of 1000 years was nearing and the new found religion took hold of Tripuri, crashing the existing verses and rituals, thus exiting the contract made with Brahma.

Time now to plot the destruction of the 3 forts, as penetrating them one by one is out of question because they are indestructible individually and can be destroyed only together, not even a nano-second apart. They seek the help of Shiva, who plots the war strategy of taking down Tripuri when the right moment comes, that is when it is visible for a short while once 1000 years. He assembled his loyalists and formed the deadliest team - The earth, his chariot ; Bhrama, his charioter ; Sun & Moon, the wheels ; Meru, his bow and finally Vishnu himself the arrow, Pinaka (thus Vishnu gets another name Pinakapani).

With the ultimate arsenal in his pocession, Shiva launched Pinaka at the ripe moment which shattered Tripuri into pieces. Tripurasuras & other demons meet instant death with that single shot. The shattered forts landed in 3 different palces, pieces of one over the bed of River Narmada. Thus, these peices became celestial 'special' stones, quite rare and unique and thus, got the name Narmada Lingaa or Bana-Lingaa or Svayambhu Lingaa.

Next time you visit Jabalpur in Madhaya Pradesh, take a walk in the banks of Narmada and see if you can get hold of a Bana-Lingaa. Mahatma Ghandhi's ashes were immersed in the River Narmada (at TilwaraGhat near Jabalpur), care to pay your respects to him.

Until next Lingaa story, its yours turly signing off.

If I am right, isn't there a one of Lord Shiva 's Jyothylingams there ?? and there is one famous Mahadeva temple , I think it is called Tripurareshwar Mahadeva temple?
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 25th November 2014 at 08:36 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Lingaa is censored with U Certificate.. Duration with title credits will be 176 minutes approx
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    #Lingaa is censored with U Certificate.. Duration with title credits will be 176 minutes approx
    lengthiest Tamil film in Kali yuga ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Padaiyappa was more than 3 hrs i suppose and Rajini wanted to have 2 intermissions for that film........ had kamal not intervened he would have done that........

antha vegam, style, gethu BGMs lam iruntha 176 mins should do fine..otherwise padam vanthu 2 days kalichu (kizhichu) Lingaa trimmed by 30 mins nu sify la oru news item varum
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Padaiyappa was more than 3 hrs i
    really ??? didn't feel that long at all, infact I would say Basha was the raciest Rajni film ever..

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope KSR maintains the level of dynamism rajini had in padayappa, of course ramya was fab in that. In Lingaa i guess first half rajini in pre independence fights and dies for a cause which would be fulfilled by Lingaa in second half.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm expecting preindependence scenes will be at least equal to 50% of movie. Also, three out of 5 songs come in flashback scenes are come in flash backs. The flashback scenes are very important. If audience like the scenes, then the movie will be easily watchable.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    K.S. Ravi Kumar
    about a minute ago
    Glad and happy to share #Lingaa movie is censored and Certified U

Get ready to watch the movie on our #superstar #Rajinikanth Birthday

MOVIE RELEASE ON 12TH DECEMBER 2014

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Padaiyappa was more than 3 hrs i suppose and Rajini wanted to have 2 intermissions for that film........ had kamal not intervened he would have done that........
    rsubras, this is news to me. Can you share more on what happened?
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    rsubras, this is news to me. Can you share more on what happened?
    It is always a known fact that Rajini and Kamal are well-wishers of each other.....Rajini always respects Kamal's Cinematic opinion...and there is always a stake involved in the film...Kamal is a sheer genius in knowing the outcome of the movie even before its release after seeing the movie....Kamal always buys Rajini's film in the NCC region and gets the lions share....always profitable which he uses it for his own film-making....
    Yennai Arindhaal...