12 10.53%
Page 147 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1960

Thread: Favorite Scenes/Songs from THALAIVAR Rajini films #3

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    For a totally unknown film like this.
    I think this came with lot of publicity those days (top star, heroine, bilingual etc).

The songs were extraordinary, with rAsA mirattifying with his latest gadget collections - the uRumum synth / guitar in 'oru ooril oru maharANi' prelude, the excellent percussion sounds / synth / guitar sounds of vandhadhu nalladhu nalla idam. The relatively "softer" songs of enna sugamAna ulagam (what a terrific solo violin there) & 'varuvAi anbE' were big hits too.

I think I mentioned in the IR-SPB thread as to how my cousin used to make fun of this movie (chocolate'la visham business solleettu avan sirichchadhu still rings in my ears). The TN audience those days didn't like such "dumbing them down" and they expected muLLum malarum kinds from Rajini

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paramu, naanum adhaiyE dhaanE sonnEn. Apart from Rajini, you can also watch this film for Madhavi.

App, I know the film was released in 4 languages and there was some hype surrounding it. But my point was - ippO suththamaa ellaarum maRanthu vitta oru padaththhil ivvaLavu arumaiyaana BGM pieces. Sorry I did not word it right

As for dumbing down the audience, I know for a fact that films like Paayum Puli, which had absolutely nothing going for it, were hits. On this, the premise was good, but the execution was super dumb, I agree.

Btw, not a big fan of the songs (save for enna sugamaana ulagam which is such a delight). The orchestration for the songs are superb, very trendy, out of the ordinary etc., but the songs lack the *catchiness*, to my ears at least and really poor lyrics. And none of them are heard today
    Last edited by Nerd; 26th April 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    Asokan seriousa nadichakuda comedyathaan therium....Avan chinna bootham.... naan periya bootham....
    very true! even in Karnan , he made me laugh with his commical expressions even though he was supposed to be serious !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buvana Oru Kelvikuri on TV. Shitty copy.

Poor baby, I told him that there will be the song that I sing to him a lot.

And so we waited. And waited. The girl died, Rajini cried, and the story moved on...and I shouted, "Youuuu bastard!!!!" They frickin' cut the "VizhiyilE Malarnthathu" song. Whoever responsible I hope when they die they go to hell and made to listen to SA Rajkumar repeatedly!!! mothe......I had to do unplugged version for my son, later.

Otherwise, fantastic performance from Rajini, but the story seemed to be very, well, loose. Rajini's character is basically a loser, not amiable as others where he gave great performances. Didn't like the film now as I did then, but not ruling out Rajini and IR. Watchable for them.

Sivakumar? That he survived intact next to Rajini is a credit by itself.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    yOv kozhandhai munnAdi australian endearment termlAm use paNNuvIngaLA? Epdi vaLara pOgudhO andha kozhandhai.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did it in Jai Shankar accent, payyan kandupidikkamAttAn. And by the time he grows up, words like that will be normal. Just like how "damn" or "hell" was frowned upon once (there was a wisecrack back then to call helicopter, heckicopter ). Next time I shall go full Jai Shankar and yell, "Youuu dirrtty jailbuurd".
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grouch found it to be quite OK when I saw it 2-3 years ago. Remember posting something about the film in this thread too.

Thanks to the recent discussions on iLamai oonjalaadugiRathu, saw it (in 5 sittings). Pathetic film. Even the ever dependable Raaja-BGM was horrible (guess he was at his learning phase, source material poor etc. but was awesome in the last 20 minutes, a jungle beat and strings/trumpets in the climox). And this has to be the only film in which Rajini's English dialogues > thamizh dialogues. No, I am not kidding. Vaarththaikku vaarththai ingleesu with Rajini's horrible accent. Kamal OTOH managed it quite well like he does in all of his films (appayE peter), but his performance was annoying too. There was absolutely nothing going for the film except a couple of songs. Rajini was good in a few scenes. The *spark* showed.

Hamid bro, ungkaLukku Rajini mEla enna veRuppu? Indha padam re-release-aa? Eventhough there are two girls, he does not get any of them, no duet songs, becomes a Murali-level thyaagi and heck he even becomes impotent

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did watch IO a year or two back. I enjoyed the way rajini speaks.... so fast and difficult to understand.... In fact, he had moderately reduced the speed of dialogue delivery offlate except Baasha.... Even kamal comments in one of the scenes he says that rajini speaks like sending a telegram message....In over all, songs are excellant.... As sridhar mentioned, rajini's charecter was extended from the original script. It's still watchable due to Rajini, kamal, raja and 70's style.
    Last edited by Avadi to America; 8th May 2012 at 07:43 PM.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    iLamai Oonjalaadugiradhu - Sridhar's crime rate starts with this. inga Arambichu Thandhu VittEn ennai varaikkin Crime Rate-O Crime Rate. IO apdinnA (YUCK) Jayachitra image dhAn varudhu. I have to go to the restroom now, Excuse me.