Page 398 of 410 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Initially mx had more theaters in chennai than CM. changed after a week.
    Sakala,

Sify had published three part article on Why Rajini is emperor in BO right after CM release. Since the opening weekend, CM was leading the pack.... I really do not want to compare a high point in rajin's career with low point in kamal's career. I just brought back the discussion to see how people perceived the movie at the time and to certain extend how fans behaved in HUB.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    Sakala,

Sify had published three part article on Why Rajini is emperor in BO right after CM release. Since the opening weekend, CM was leading the pack.... I really do not want to compare a high point in rajin's career with low point in kamal's career. I just brought back the discussion to see how people perceived the movie at the time and to certain extend how fans behaved in HUB.
    I dont know what SKV remembers.. CM did have a big opening..
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A2A, Though CM ended as a great BO spinner(which was rubbed by & almost equalled by VV next year) it really had a dull start only. In mount road itself MX had more screens than CM initially. Rajni camp had doubts on their film and thus only asked thru kamala amma if is it possible to postpone MX.

But once MX released, our doubts became 'clear' about MX but for 1st 4 days, even my rajni fan friends were very much in doubt. They were saying "Kathai nallaa dhaan irukku......" after a week it was clear it became a BB! (During 2005 to 2008 i was with a superb gang of friends full of rajini fans! only 1 or 2 were kamal fans. we use to start fights whenever we felt bored! atleast some 40, 50 times we wud hav had that fight!!! And our association started with CM and ended with Dasa! then the gang slowly slipt )
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raajjaa View Post
    நீ ஏம்பா இடையில காமெடி பண்ணிட்டு?
    நானாச்சும் இடையில... நீங்க...??!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post
    Mansushan 10 varsuhama itha thaan panni kitu irukaaru ....
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    A2A, Though CM ended as a great BO spinner(which was rubbed by & almost equalled by VV next year) it really had a dull start only. In mount road itself MX had more screens than CM initially. Rajni camp had doubts on their film and thus only asked thru kamala amma if is it possible to postpone MX.

But once MX released, our doubts became 'clear' about MX but for 1st 4 days, even my rajni fan friends were very much in doubt. They were saying "Kathai nallaa dhaan irukku......" after a week it was clear it became a BB! (During 2005 to 2008 i was with a superb gang of friends full of rajini fans! only 1 or 2 were kamal fans. we use to start fights whenever we felt bored! atleast some 40, 50 times we wud hav had that fight!!! And our association started with CM and ended with Dasa! then the gang slowly slipt )
    Ok Sakala.. I agree to disagree... you carry on.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் பாதியில் breakdown ஆனதை பின்னாளில் தினத்தந்தி செய்தி வெளியிட மறந்து விட்டதோ ??
    மக்களுக்கு பிடித்து இருந்தால் தான் யார் நடித்து இருந்தாலும் படம் ஓடும். அது பெரிய விஷயம் இல்லை.
    யாருக்கு opening இருக்கிறதுதான் இங்கே முக்கியம். பாபா தோல்விக்கு பிறகு 3 வருடம் கழித்து வெளிவந்தது சந்திரமுகி. அப்படி இருந்தும் முதல் வாரத்தில் மும்பை எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் தான் முன்னனியில் இருந்தது.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post
    சரிப்பா. விஜய்யின் BO Power-ஐ கொஞ்சம் சொல்லப்பா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    These are some of the discussions happened 10 years back when CM and ME got released.. if you have time read and understand who was leading the pack from day one...

http://mayyam.com/talk/archives/Tami...__Sachien.html

http://mayyam.com/talk/archives/Tami...ow_is_it_.html
    Even though Rajini movie released after 3 years, Opening is just equal to Kamal and Vijay.

SOME FACTS

First day, first show!

By Moviebuzz
    Thursday, 14 April , 2005, 18:55

Fans of superstars are having a Tamil New Year feast in theatres across Tamilnadu. The shows started in the wee hours of the day and all the three biggies Chandramukhi, Mumbai Xpress and Sachin have taken a 100 to 120 percent opening!

All the releases carry average reports, nothing extraordinary. By Tuesday morning a clear picture will emerge.
    Last edited by Raajjaa; 14th May 2015 at 06:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    some user comments
    --------------------------

I will tell U my experince. I had gone to Albert theatre yesterday (sunday) morning & tickets for Sachine were available for noon & night shows.

When i wnet to book tickets in satyam on saturday morning for sunday, I was told that both CM & MX were running full.

I don't know whether theses films are running full only on weekends or whether they are stage managed.

One thing is clear. Sachine is surely a flop while the other two seems to be having an average run.

-----
    Yesterday I had been to Abirami Mega Mall in the afternoon around 3 P.M... and the evening shows for both CM and MX is available... This was a saturday.... Imagine how it will be in weekdays.... I was there till 8 p.m but the evening shows were full by 6:00 p.m... This shows in 2 to 3 weeks these movies will be shifted to smaller theatres....

In Sangam... they have announced that if you purchase one movie ticket of Sachin... you will get one ticket free.... The movie is running empty on weekends.....
    -----

Indiafm.com : Mumbai express collects 47.8 lacs
    also look at the box office in indiafm.... mumbai express sits very prettily in the second slot just after lucky

http://indiafm.com/boxoffice/top5.shtml

Mumbai express seems to have become an average hit in hindi... that is great news as all hindi movies r flopping in a row,.... there is a southern superstar who makes a movie in hindi without much fanfare and hype ( there were no sites talking abt mumbai express) and made it into a profitable venture...
    very less marketing and patronage,... but it is kamalhassans magic and he has hit the bulls eye...