Page 9 of 177 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Vinod,

this is what I'm trying to say .. both Kamal and Rajini have been around a lot longer than Vijay, seen it all, and still much in demand by the audience. And FYI, Kamal has seen way too many box office victories during his 30's and 40's in comparison. Have you forgotten his 80's era ?

Vijay might have a good opening now but what about 5 yrs. from now or lets say when he's 50+ ? Would he be able to sustain people's interest at the same level esp. with the same genre types that he's doing now ? Even SS is having issues and trying to adapt .. Dont know what happens tomorrow. Yet to be seen if Vijay can continue sustain.

Just a few years ago he was constantly giving flops .. he was so down that SAC was back in picture to lift him up by trying to remake SS movie. Somebody like SivaKarthikeyan suddenly came from nowhere and could be someone to contend with! Better to be level headed and not over confident.
    Yedhukku yeppodhum molangaalukum muttikumae mudichu poduringa !!! If Australia is a cricket world champion now then they have to be called as world champion. I cannot say I wont call them world champion because they were not world champions four years ago and don't know what would be their position after four years. Never taken away any credits from Kamal's legendary in Tamil cinema. I said the current facts. If you agree or not I have been seeing Kamal's decline in box office from my college days. It's mainly because the type of movie he makes. Even though he emphasize on business in may of his interviews he doesn't want to compromise the quality by adding gimmick commercial elements. When it comes to the quality undoubtedly he is the number 1 but box office wise he has been struggling for almost a decade now.

You can come up with the links and references to prove me wrong. I don't mind. I said what I am seeing. None of my friends who have watched his latest movie said a bad review but the movie did not do wonders in box office. It may be his fate. Audience wants him to be there for industry good but look for stars for entertainment (Rahul Dravid maari).

Appuram "siryorai siyor endru igalvadhum tahvarae".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same Genre? Sustainability? WTH??!!

To be honest 30 years back the Field was not same as today. And 30 years after, it will be more tougher to competition.
    There is no doubt on the legends like Rajni or Kamal. But when it comes to BO, If Kamal has proven 100, then Rajni has proved 1000.
    I am not saying Kamal is weaker than Rajni in acting, but entertaining yes Rajni is far better. Its black and white.

We just arguing for fan sake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Raaja sir - do not fully agree. The movies you mention may have had a bigger haul because of the effects of Telugu market. But what really is the %% of telugu to the overall tally ? 10-15 % maybe ? Most of rest comes from TN imo.

Couple of Vijay and Ajith movies certainly may have crossed 100c and they have done well overseas as well.
    அங்கே தான் பிரச்சனையே. தசாவதாரம் மதுரையில் 6 திரை அரங்குகளில் திரையிடப்பட்டது. 5 திரை அரங்குகளில் 50 நாட்கள் ஓடியது. 4 திரை அரங்குகளில் 70 நாட்கள் ஓடியது. 2 திரை அரங்குகளில் 90 நாட்கள் வரையிலும் 1 திரை அரங்கில் 100 நாட்கள் ஒடியது. ஆனால் 4 வருடங்கள் கழித்து வெளி வந்த துப்பாக்கி மதுரையில் 4 or 5 திரை அரங்குகளில் திரையிடப் பட்டது. 4 வாரத்தில் எல்லா திரை அரங்கிலிருந்தும் படம் தூக்கப் பட்டது. இதே மாதிரி தான் தமிழ் நாட்டில் எல்லா ஊர்களிலும்.

டிக்கட் விலையில் மாற்றம் இல்லை. தினமும் 20 காட்சிகள் ஒடலை. ஆனால் தமிழிலில் மட்டும் 180 கோடி வசூல் செய்தது என்று கூறுகிறார்கள்.

சச்சின்,மதுர படங்களை எல்லாம் 200 நாட்கள் ஓட்டியது போல் இப்போது ஓட்ட முடியாது என்பதால் இப்போ இந்த மாதிரி கணக்கு காண்பிக்க விஜய் அன் கோ ஆரம்பித்து விட்டார்கள் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

காஞ்சனா-2 20+ கோடியும், ஐ 25+ கோடியும் தெலுங்கில் வசூல் செய்தது.
    Last edited by Raajjaa; 18th June 2015 at 12:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    True.. like Raajaparvai..
    But SR bombed worse than Raajapaarvai.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raajjaa View Post
    அங்கே தான் பிரச்சனையே. தசாவதாரம் மதுரையில் 6 திரை அரங்குகளில் திரையிடப்பட்டது. 5 திரை அரங்குகளில் 50 நாட்கள் ஓடியது. 4 திரை அரங்குகளில் 70 நாட்கள் ஓடியது. 2 திரை அரங்குகளில் 90 நாட்கள் வரையிலும் 1 திரை அரங்கில் 100 நாட்கள் ஒடியது. ஆனால் 4 வருடங்கள் கழித்து வெளி வந்த துப்பாக்கி மதுரையில் 4 or 5 திரை அரங்குகளில் திரையிடப் பட்டது. 4 வாரத்தில் எல்லா திரை அரங்கிலிருந்தும் படம் தூக்கப் பட்டது. இதே மாதிரி தான் தமிழ் நாட்டில் எல்லா ஊர்களிலும்.

டிக்கட் விலையில் மாற்றம் இல்லை. தினமும் 20 காட்சிகள் ஒடலை. ஆனால் தமிழிலில் மட்டும் 180 கோடி வசூல் செய்தது என்று கூறுகிறார்கள்.

சச்சின்,மதுர படங்களை எல்லாம் 200 நாட்கள் ஓட்டியது போல் இப்போது ஓட்ட முடியாது என்பதால் இப்போ இந்த மாதிரி கணக்கு காண்பிக்க விஜய் அன் கோ ஆரம்பித்து விட்டார்கள் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

காஞ்சனா-2 20+ கோடியும், ஐ 25+ கோடியும் தெலுங்கில் வசூல் செய்தது.
    Bro,

Do u honestly think that these days a movie's success is guaged by the total days of run? All it takes is the first 3,4 weeks to bring in the revenue. And after a month, new releases start to flow in. IIRC, Thuppakki breached the 100 C milestone on the 12th day of its release.

And dont assume that the film was lifted off all the screens in Tamilnadu on its 4th week. The film crossed 50 days in Nagercoil and also in Thanjavur. I am quoting these two places because i go there often. It also celebrated a 100 day run in the capital.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Nanban 100 crores reach pannalainnu yaar yaarellam kavalaipaduradhunnu oru vevasthai illama pochu.. Anga 50 croreskke mukkudhaam..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Bro,

Do u honestly think that these days a movie's success is guaged by the total days of run? All it takes is the first 3,4 weeks to bring in the revenue. And after a month, new releases start to flow in. IIRC, Thuppakki breached the 100 C milestone on the 12th day of its release.

And dont assume that the film was lifted off all the screens in Tamilnadu on its 4th week. The film crossed 50 days in Nagercoil and also in Thanjavur. I am quoting these two places because i go there often. It also celebrated a 100 day run in the capital.
    செல்லாது செல்லாது ... அவர் வீட்டு பின்னாடி இருக்குற தியட்டர்ல ஓடேல... ஆதலால் துப்பாக்கி தோல்வி படம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nanban 100 crores reach pannalainnu yaar yaarellam kavalaipaduradhunnu oru vevasthai illama pochu.. Anga 50 croreskke mukkudhaam..
    That Benchmark moment... Nee SSLC fail and naan 8vathu Pass..!!

Post Thanks / Like
    bro,

do u honestly think that these days a movie's success is guaged by the total days of run? All it takes is the first 3,4 weeks to bring in the revenue. And after a month, new releases start to flow in. Iirc, thuppakki breached the 100 c milestone on the 12th day of its release.

And dont assume that the film was lifted off all the screens in tamilnadu on its 4th week. The film crossed 50 days in nagercoil and also in thanjavur. I am quoting these two places because i go there often. It also celebrated a 100 day run in the capital.
    என்னுடைய சந்தேகம் உங்களுக்கு புரிகிறதா இல்லையா?.

தியேட்டரின் எண்ணிக்கை கூடலை. டிக்கட் விலை கூடலை. காட்சிகளின் எண்ணிக்கை கூடலை. வசூல் மட்டும் எப்படி கூடும்? யாராவது விவரமான விஜய் ரசிகர் விளக்கம் கூறினால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்.

Fyi தசாவதாரம் திருச்சி,நெல்லை,நாகர்கோவில்,தூத்துகுடி போன்ற ஊர்களில் 100 நாட்களுக்கு மேல் ஓடியது.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raajjaa View Post
    என்னுடைய சந்தேகம் உங்களுக்கு புரிகிறதா இல்லையா?.

தியேட்டரின் எண்ணிக்கை கூடலை. டிக்கட் விலை கூடலை. காட்சிகளின் எண்ணிக்கை கூடலை. வசூல் மட்டும் எப்படி கூடும்? யாராவது விவரமான விஜய் ரசிகர் விளக்கம் கூறினால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்.

Fyi தசாவதாரம் திருச்சி,நெல்லை,நாகர்கோவில்,தூத்துகுடி போன்ற ஊர்களில் 100 நாட்களுக்கு மேல் ஓடியது.
    Ji,

The ticket prices havent increased only in Chennai where the cap is 120 rs. In B centres, the ticket rates have no cap. For any big hero's film they charge a minimum of 250 Rs in the first week and that reduces after the first week. It was already explained during the release of Kaththi. In Tirunelveli, the ticket rate in Ram theatre in the 2nd week was 200 rs and I had shared the bookmyshow/ticketnew screenshot of the same.

- Bernard Shaw

Page 9 of 177 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast