Page 382 of 400 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually one saying he/she has not listened to unnaiththaan niththam niththam wasn't as surprising/shocking. Idhayam songs - 'cultest' songs for one of the 'cultest' films. And huge HUGE HUGE hits - only because of Raaja.

V_Sji, Confession - this was the first time I read one of your long posts. Its not that I was ignoring those, I could not afford to take long breaks at work - most of my hubbing happens at work. And also my inability to comprehend such insightful posts due to lack of any kind of music knowledge was a barrier.

Sundari, wow, the way you have explained how Raaja connected different forms of music, (eventhough way beyond my comprehension) mindblowing sir. Hats off. The next time(s) I listen to this song will be special, for sure

Will sure get to the bookmarked posts on this thread and Raaja's duet threads pretty soon. Thanks for writing those posts, especially for us. No words,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A_S
    As I had indicated in my earlier post on IR's outstanding compositions (with SPB getting a major chunk) for SR movies, VVP, Nadigan, Brahma, TP (that you will be covering in 1992 compositions) all had very good songs (mostly sung by SPB & SJ). Most of SR movies (in 1991 & beyond) had two heroines (Brahma had Kusbhu & BP). This
    Yes - and most of these had one among the 3C2 permutations of (Khushboo, Bhanupriya, Gauthami). Sathyaraj tried all possible 3some combinations then

Post Thanks / Like
    Farams - yes seethakoka chiluka is the telugu version of Alaigal Oyvadhillai. Bharathirajaa remade it himself. Aruna Mucharla, whom he introduced in tamil in Kallukkul Eeram was given another fresh lease (in telugu) by her patron.

A_S - yes Brahmma was remade in indhi with Govinda and Madhoo(of Roja).

V_S - vAzhga vaLarga!

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that as the 80s waned and the 90s loomed in, Chennai/Popular media run from Chennai diverged further and further from then thamizhnAdu. This probably explains app not being familiar Idhayam's soup songs, big hit in Chennai but not quite to the extent of humongous then thamizhnaadu hits(even prior to Roja) like Lullaby Being Heard and UrnBank GoldLord in then thamizhnaadu. It would seem that the divergence started even prior to Roja. Going by the acute discomfort of some of the posh, urban youth of that time now in this forum, who heap scorn upon scorn on the rural sounds of Raja of then, it seems he gradually lost the modern trend mahadevans starting around this period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ofocurse, that doesnt explain app's unfamiliarity with humongous then thamizhnaadu hits UB GL and LBH. Perhaps, being holed up in Kerala with the new found influence of Venus in his life distracting him could be the reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, kaNNukkoru vaNnakiLi indha periodla release AchungaRadhu dhAn AcharyamA irukku - not sure how it escaped my attention. Last year, i happened to hear the album in thiraipaadal - one song by IR - Gaanam thenkARROdu - is a stunner, that seems to be out of place in this album, I suspect it was composed earlier during the EVK period...

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    2) V_S - that must have been the handiwork of DS Ramanujam of MtRdMahaVishnu , who was heavily promoting SARs Virus and DEVAngaNam at that time.
    Plum and all, you guys amaze me every time this time bringing up reviews from 1988 Hindu
    Related note::
    http://tfmpage.com/forum/5758.15.43.01.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Al - that's some link . Looks like DSR's notoriety preceded him to internet. ( Love through Bill Gates' discovery apropos kaadhalar dhinam ). Btw, andha threadla neengalum irundheengaLA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    DS Ramanujam of MtRdMahaVishnu
    Idhula ivvaLavu vishyam irukka. Even when he was at his peak, some how this genius did not get unanimous support even in our state. I think everybody's belly was burning and was trying hard to bring him down. Thanks al_gates for the rare link, which showcases DSR's biasedness. I loved reading that thread. Even they mentioned about karutha machchaan which you talked about.
    Thanks a lot Plum for your appreciation, really very happy to see your comments, it means a lot to me .

venkkiram,
    Your post and your consideration is itself a great honor to me and I feel every one's feedback here is more than enough for me. Thank you so much.
    I still feel, I have lot of scope for improvement, so I really don't know if my post deserve to be there in that fabulous solvanam site, but definitely will consider your interest.

Nerd,
    I completely understand and I know I am troubling everyone with my lengthy posts. But thanks for reading my post. I too really don't know anything technical, just that some terms I know since I am learning piano with my son and got some interest. Really really touched by your comments. Thank you sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Actually, kaNNukkoru vaNnakiLi indha periodla release AchungaRadhu dhAn AcharyamA irukku - not sure how it escaped my attention. Last year, i happened to hear the album in thiraipaadal - one song by IR - Gaanam thenkARROdu - is a stunner, that seems to be out of place in this album, I suspect it was composed earlier during the EVK period...
    I don't think the movie got released ever...possibly the disk got released in 1991 (web resources call it "unreleased" movie).