Page 380 of 400 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Jai,
    Wonderful points and nicely put. I agree. The reason why I wrote that is, as a song narration and as a stand-alone piece yes it is awesome and Mani has done it superbly. But I was thinking more from the overall script perspective, how it fits into the story, and whether can it be done a little bit differently. Since this is a dream sequence and anything we can dream, yes then you are right in that perspective.
    Dreams belong to the character and in that respect - it still stays in sync with the character and story unlike the happily dancing in foreign locales.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    I don't think I'll find time to clear the backlog in the near future

This new project assignment may not allow as much time as the lazy last one...

In any case, this compilation is nearing its end and it doesn't hurt not to rush the posts
    app.. pls come to 1992 pongal..
    awaiting for "muthu mani maalai" - chinna gounder

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    app.. pls come to 1992 pongal..
    awaiting for "muthu mani maalai" - chinna gounder
    Konjum porunga, matha padangala mudichutu varuvaar
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    // Hi All ,

It's an urgent request, Can some one please provide me the following info.

1) Can some one pls post me the Lyrics of the song "pen enbathO poovenbathO kadhal penne kannana kan allavo" by SPB from the movie "Annaparavai"(1980's).

Manythanks
    //
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    Dreams belong to the character and in that respect - it still stays in sync with the character and story unlike the happily dancing in foreign locales.
    Oh No, please don't remind this. This is all now. We cannot compare these with Mani's films (I mean even his bad film). When these films were released, Mani was at his peak of his creation, so our thoughts were also quite high, especially when it comes to Mani films. But, we were kind of detached from the film when we were seeing this song, thinking we were seeing a different film, that's the reason of my thought.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    best song in indian films(music, arrangement, melody choclatey, picturisation, rajini, SPB everything, kitchen sink) , period .
    திரு V_S ஆகச் சிறந்த பதிவு. பாராட்டுக்கள்!

கனவுப் பாடல்கள் என்ற வரிசையில் இசை, ஒளிப்பதிவு, காட்சிப்படுத்தல் மிகச் சிறந்த ஆக்கங்களில் ஒன்று. சந்தேகமேயில்லை. ஆனால் பாடல் வரிகள் பெரிதான அழுத்தத்தை கொடுக்கவில்லை. அது ஒன்றுதான் திருஷ்டி வைத்தாற்போல இருக்கிறது.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    மிக்க நன்றி venkkiram. Delighted to hear from you!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thiraippAdal lists a movie called 'irumbu pookkaL' and that has a SPB-KSC song 'muththAna muththam' - never heard it before, skip.

next movie is 'idhayam' - I've heard only the IR song 'April MayilE' & the KJY song 'pottu vaiththa oru vatta nilA'. Both the SPB songs - 'idhayamE' & 'poonkodi thAn' are unknown to me. skip.

kaNNukkoru vaNNakkiLi is next - 'unnai nAn pArkkaiyil' with Asha B - never heard of it. skip.

'pooththu pooththu kulunguthadi' & 'pAttu onna' - both songs sound so sweet from the GA directed movie kumbakkarai thangaiyyA - but I'm hearing both the songs for the first time, so cannot host on the thread.

thAlAttu kEtkuthammA has 3 SPB numbers - nEnthukkitta, sutti sutti, yammA yammA - all unfamiliar, from a Prabhu movie

Even more shocking is the fact that two SPB-SJ numbers from a Sridhar movie - thanthu vittEn ennai - mannavanE & thenRal nee are also unknown to me (Was this the debut of Vikram?)

kanavu paliththadhu from veRRippadikaL - another skip

Nothing against any of the songs above - lack of familiarity must be my problem.

So, end of 1991

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A whole year without a hit from the IR-SPB-KH combo, this 1991

Well, let's then begin 1992 with a Kamal song - from the movie produced by IR's family