Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1155

Thread: The Greatest Indian Epic - Mahabharath

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    what was shaguni's real motivation in mahabarath? is that he wants to destroy gouravas? and it can be done only by pandavas....so he made feud between gouravas and pandavas....please clear my doubt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America
    what was shaguni's real motivation in mahabarath? is that he wants to destroy gouravas? and it can be done only by pandavas....so he made feud between gouravas and pandavas....please clear my doubt.
    Shaguni's motivation was to Crown Duryodhana as the Prince, this was not possible until the Pandavas were eliminated. As Pandu (Pandavas Father) already made it clear that it would be Yudishtar who will rule the country after him.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN
    Shaguni's motivation was to Crown Duryodhana as the Prince, this was not possible until the Pandavas were eliminated. As Pandu (Pandavas Father) already made it clear that it would be Yudishtar who will rule the country after him.
    Hello ParamaShivan,

Are you scripting a new Mahabarath !

Post Thanks / Like
    Paramashiva

Pandu dies unceremoniously in forest while mating with Madri ( a curse on him ). Beeshma/Vidur bring the pandava kids to Hastinapur to groom them.
    So, Pandu is gone well before he can take a decision on his succession. Infact he hands over his right to Dirudrashtra and decides to live in forest .

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saguni didn't like his sister Gandhaari being married to a blind man. He was angry that such a match was made by Bhismar and he vowed to destroy the whole clan. This is what I have read.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iqbalvora
    Paramashiva

Pandu dies unceremoniously in forest while mating with Madri ( a curse on him ).
    This a very common thing in our 'Great' epics, I mean adultry

Quote Originally Posted by Iqbalvora

Beeshma/Vidur bring the pandava kids to Hastinapur to groom them.
    So, Pandu is gone well before he can take a decision on his succession. Infact he hands over his right to Dirudrashtra and decides to live in forest .

Yes I know that, but by default Yudishar was going to be the next ruler, after Dirudrashtra.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Saguni didn't like his sister Gandhaari being married to a blind man. He was angry that such a match was made by Bhismar and he vowed to destroy the whole clan. This is what I have read.
    This is the first time I hearing this

Post Thanks / Like
    When Bhishma (or someone from the Kuru clan) captures Gandhar, he jails the entire royal family inlcuding Shakuni as a child. The whole family was given food for just one person. Instead of all of them starving to death by sharing the insufficient food, they decided that the child would get all the food and make it his life mission to avenge the Kuru clan. Which is what he did.

The dice used by Shakuni (which he always has in his hand) are made from the bones of his father, to perpetually remind him of his duty.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    When Bhishma (or someone from the Kuru clan) captures Gandhar, he jails the entire royal family inlcuding Shakuni as a child. The whole family was given food for just one person. Instead of all of them starving to death by sharing the insufficient food, they decided that the child would get all the food and make it his life mission to avenge the Kuru clan. Which is what he did.

The dice used by Shakuni (which he always has in his hand) are made from the bones of his father, to perpetually remind him of his duty.
    Is this story actually in Vyasa's Mahabharata? I've always thought it was one of those interesting variants from folklore, rather than something that was part of the classical text.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've heard, gandhari was married to a goat to avert a calamity before marrying Dhritarashtra. When Dhritarashtra came to know of this he imprisoned the entire gandhar clan. In prison, they were served just one fistful of rice every day. Realizing that this was an elaborate plan to starve them to death, Gandhari’s father declared that none but his youngest son would eat the sparse food being served, so that at least one amongst them would survive to avenge the death of the rest. The youngest son of king Subala was Shakuni. He survived and swore not to rest until all of Kuru kingdom is destroyed . He used the bones of his father to make the dice with which he was able to defeat the Pandavas in the gambling match, and thus which eventually led to the war at Kurukshetra and also to the destruction of entire Kuru clan.His father twisted his one leg to give him a permanent limp as a constant reminder of revenge. Guess the dice used by shakuni was made of his father's ashes......