Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: காலத்தின் கைகளில் தேங்கி நிற்காத இசை

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ராஜாவின் இசை மேற்கு தொடர்ச்சி போல..

இசை விமர்சகர் ரவிநாட் ரொம்ப அழகா Crater ஏரியை ஒப்புமைக்கு எடுத்தக்கொண்டார். ராஜா உயர்தர சுற்றுசூழலை இசைவழியே கட்டமைத்திருக்கிறார். பல்லுயிரும் வாழ, இணக்கமான ஒரு தட்பவெப்ப நிலையை தந்திருக்கிறார். குட்டி பிரபஞ்சம் போல அவற்றுள் எல்லாமே அடங்கியிருக்கு.

இந்தவகையான இசை என முத்திரைக்கு அடங்காமல் அவருக்கே உரிய மரபுடைக்கும் பாங்கு அவரது இசையாக்கங்களில் காலகாலமாக பார்த்து வருகிறோம்.

ஆயிரம் படங்கள், தனித் தொகுப்புகள் என நினைத்தே பார்க்க முடியாத அளவுக்கு அவரது இசைப்பாய்ச்சல்.

எப்படி அன்னக்கிளியில் அவரது இசையிருந்ததோ, அவரது ஈடுபாடு இருந்ததோ அப்படித்தான் 2016 இந்தாண்டு வெளிவந்திருக்கிற Abbayitho Ammayi, தாரைதப்பட்டையாகட்டும், சென்ற ஆண்டு 2015 வெளிவந்த ஷமிதாப், ருத்ரமாதேவியாகட்டும், ஸ்வப்னம் தனியிசைத் தொகுப்பாகட்டும் நல்லிசை ரசிகர்களுக்கு விருந்துதான்.

என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை ஆயிரம் படங்களில் அவர் இயற்றியிருக்கும் அத்தனை இசைக்குறிப்புகளை ஒதுக்கிவைத்துவிட்டு அவரது தனியிசைத் தொகுப்புகளை மட்டுமே கணக்கில் கொண்டால்கூட அவர் உயரத்திற்கு இணையாக யாருமில்லை. பிரபஞ்சமாக விரிந்துகொண்டிருக்கும் அவரது கற்பனைவளம் இன்னமும் இசை தெரிந்தவர்களுக்கு, இசைவிரும்பிகளுக்கு மலைக்கத்தக்க ஒன்று.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    சமீபத்தில் டிவீட்டரில் இப்படி எழுதியிருந்தேன் .

எந்தப்பாடலை ஆரம்பத்தில் குறைவான மதிப்போடு கடைசியிடத்தில் வைத்தேனோ, அதே பாடல் தற்போது அந்த ஆல்பத்திலேயே ஆகச்சிறந்தது

அய்யா வூடு தொறந்துதான் கெடக்கு!

அருண்மொழியின் தொகையறாவில் ஆர்ப்பரித்து கிளம்பும் பாடலின் ஆரம்பம் முதல் கடைசி வரை எப்பேற்பட்ட கொண்டாட்டம், குதூகலம்!

முதல் சரணத்தில் மட்டும் இடம்பறும் 'ஹே புள்ளாண்டான்' வரிகளுக்கு பெண்களின் கோரஸ். இளையராஜாவால் மட்டுமே தொடர்ந்து சாத்தியப்படுகிற பாடலாக்க உன்னதங்கள். எவ்வளவு ரசிச்சி ரசிச்சி மெருகூட்டுகிறார்!

கடலில் ஆடும் அலையப் பார்த்தேன்
    வெளிச்சம் கொடுக்கும் நெலவப் பார்த்தேன்
    கேள்வி ஒன்னு நானும் கேட்டேன்
    பதிலே இல்ல மலச்சிப் போனேன்
    கண்ணுக்கெட்டும் தூரம்
    மனுஷனத்தான் காணும் காணும்

- கடற்கரையில் நின்றுகொண்டு கடல் வாழ்க்கை அனுபவம் - அர்த்தம் பொதிந்த பாமர வரிகள். ஒருவேள அவரே எழுதியிருப்பார். விக்கியில விபரம் இல்லை.

கவனித்து உணரவேண்டியது என்னன்னா..
    1) மெட்டு மட்டும் போட்டா பத்தாது..
    2) அதற்கு ஈடுகொடுக்கும் வகையில பின்னணியிசை கேட்போர் மனதில் அப்படியே ரெஜிட்டர் ஆகக்கூடிய வகையில்
    3) வாத்தியங்களின் தேர்வுகள், அதற்கான ஒலியளவுகள்
    4) கோரஸ்களுக்கான இடங்களை வரையறைசெய்யும் ஞானம்
    5) வரிகளை எப்படியெல்லாம் குரல்கள் ஒன்னுக்கொன்னு உரையாடல் நடத்திச்செல்லனும் என்ற யுத்தி

இவையெல்லாமே ராஜாவுக்கு கைவந்த கலையாக இருக்கு. மடைதிறந்த வெள்ளம் போல.

எந்த ராஜா ரசிகனும் இப்பாடலை ரெண்டே தடவை கேட்டாலே போதும். பாடலின் எல்லாவித இசைக்குறிப்பும் அதற்கான தாள அளவும் மனதில் ஆழமாக பதிந்துவிடும். அதுதான் ராஜ இசையின் ஆர்கானிக் தன்மை.

இசை விமர்சகர் வயலின் விக்கி இப்பாடலை பியானோவில் வாசித்து விருந்தே படைத்திருக்கிறார்.

A rustic song needn't be any less technically or emotionally inferior. Here is the proof.

Post Thanks / Like
    ராசய்யா (ஆண்டு 1995)

படம் வெளிவந்த கால கட்டத்தில் காதல் வானிலே, மஸ்தானா மஸ்தானா பாடல்கள் பட்டிதொட்டியெல்லாம் பிரபலம். இந்தப் படத்திலேயும் ராஜாவுக்கே உரிய முத்திரைகள் நிறைந்த பாடல் ஒன்று இருக்கு. அதுதான் திண்டுக்கல்லு திண்டுக்கல்லு. இதிலேயும் தொகையறா. ஆனாலும் ரொம்ப வித்தியாசமா இருக்கும். கதாநாயகன் குழுவினரோடு சேர்ந்து பாடுவது என்பதுதான் சூழலுக்கான காரணம் அவரிடம் தெரிவித்திருக்கக் கூடும். ரொம்ப அழகா எந்த இடத்தில் பெண் கோரஸ், எந்த இடத்தில் ஆண் கோரஸ், எந்த இடத்தில் எஸ்.பி.பி, எந்த இடத்தில் அருண்மொழி வரணும் என கோர்த்திருப்பார் முழுப் பாடலையும். சரணமெல்லாம் எப்படிப்பட்ட அடுக்குகளைக் கொண்டது. தண்ணீர் மேலிருந்து கிழே பாயும்போது எப்படி இயல்பா தங்குதடையில்லாமல் பயணிக்குமோ அதுபோல சரணம்.

** நல்ல தரத்தில் பதிவேற்றம் செய்திருக்கிற மஹா2014-விற்கு நன்றிகள்.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    காலத்தின் கைகளில் தேங்கி நிற்காத இசை...
    தலைப்புக்கு முதல் சபாஷ்.

மையத்தில் சோர்வு ஏற்பட்டிருக்கிறதே என்று நினைத்த நேரத்தில்
    மீண்டும் வந்து சுவை பட வாத ஜாலம் நடத்தி கொண்டிருக்கும் அனைவருக்கும் வணக்கம்.
    உங்க எல்லோரையும் படிச்சு ரொம்ப நாளாச்சு

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand the arguement that we started out . I think Thozhar was correct in saying that there is a "peak time" in every body's life. Be it the greatest scientific geniuses that we have seen in history, they all produced their best work during a "peak period". Everything in life has a log-normal distribution .
    I dont think anybody is going to question Raja's genius. But do have seen his "songs" or his interest wane in the recent future. Just when I personally thought he is not interested in doing songs anymore, he came up with Onnayum Aatukutium, which was brilliant in any standard. I personally believe that he is not challenged anymore. Gautham Menon was the last guy to push him.

As far as the other arguements go, yes the standard of today's music has waned. The question is who are we to define standards. 15 years from now, the kids who grew with today's composers would vouche for them. We grew up with Raja so we appreciate his genius. I hate to say that Raja and Rahman have changed their composing styles to suit today's generation. I think change is envitable. Comptuter, synths and pad will never fade away.... but its all all doom and gloom. I think Tamil music has some of the best upcoming music composers compared to the other industry and that to me is the influence created by Raja, MSV and Rahman .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed View Post
    I think Thozhar was correct in saying that there is a "peak time" in every body's life.
    Define "Peak Time" and what factors you consider to measure Raja's peak time.

Be it the greatest scientific geniuses that we have seen in history, they all produced their best work during a "peak period". Everything in life has a log-normal distribution .
    How you conclude Raja not giving his best post 91 as per Thozhar's endorsement of Gopal's original statement ?

I dont think anybody is going to question Raja's genius.
    Ahaan!

But do have seen his "songs" or his interest wane in the recent future.
    Prove. "Recent future" means what years you say here?

Just when I personally thought he is not interested in doing songs anymore, he came up with Onnayum Aatukutium, which was brilliant in any standard.
    Have you listened to following Albums?

1) Nandalala ( 2010)
    2) Ponnar Shankar (2011)
    3) Azhagarsamiyin Kudhirai (2011)
    4) Sri Rama Rajyam (2011)
    5) Dhoni (2012)
    6) Neethaane En Ponvasantham (2012)
    7) Onaayum Aatukuttiyum (2013)
    8) Chithirayil Nilachoru (2013)
    9) Oggarane (2014)
    10) Megha (2014)
    11) Shamitabh (2015)
    12) Rudramadevi (2015)
    13) Abbayitho Ammayi (2016)
    14) Tharai Thappattai (2016)

And still you consider he is not interested in doing songs anymore!

I personally believe that he is not challenged anymore. Gautham Menon was the last guy to push him.
    Please see the list of films above and understand Gautham Menon was not the last guy to push him. In fact, Raja is so unique that he gets motivated and challenged by himself. He pushes his own boundary of excellence.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very actually easy to define Rajas peak time. Assemble Raja fans (more the better), get their playlists stored in CDs, phones, etc. Arrange the songs that have been heard more often by year and once you do that you will find that it wont be a uniform distribution and certainly the distribution curve will not have its peak after 2010. Now that is not to say, there would not be any data after 2010, off course there are ardent fans like you who will fill up that space.
    The point I am trying to make is, there was a time, we didnt need intelligent people to analyze a rajas song. The songs found us. People gulped and wanted more. People would guess the movies based on their themes. Now, these days, when a Rajas album is released we try to look for that song. All these albums thats you mentioned, (I agree you might like all the songs in all the albums), he was just one among the other composers of todays cinema. There was a time he was THE composer of cinema. That was his PEAK. The peak is certainly not today when reviewers comment on other composers best songs and call it it sounds so rajaish
    If you were to ask me or other fans, whether you would take any songs from these albums to their graves, the answer would be bleak. Now his background scores have always been phenomenal. Thats why I said, even he treats the songs as another thing to do.
    I would still maintain that he is not challenged. When I see a director come and say he composed all the songs in 30 minutes. I really feel like slapping their faces. Spend time, lay out the platform for him, complicate him, pick his brain. Myshkin did it. Look Raja, no songs. Show me you can carry my movie without it. And he gladly obliged.
    Interestingly my favorite album in the recent years was NEP, because of the way each song was layered in composition. Every song sounded like symphony and every instrument seemed to have their own musical sheet that spoke to each other the way only Raja could. A lot of music composers would agree that NEP was a superior technical achievement. I was hoping it would bag all the awards. Yet it never won anything substantial or may nothing at all. Blame it on a bad film.
    Yet the film that won that year on every department was Kumki. As I started listening to Kumki, it was a good album on its own right, it was made for the movie. NEP didnt not require a Hungarian Orchestra. And guess what an average fan who still exalts at Rajas music found Kumki more attractive to him. I dont blame him. You could always argue its the success of the movie that determines the success of the songs, but I have seen this man, create master pieces from movies that should have been burnt at the censor board.
    Anyways sorry for the long post. Keep the conversation flowing. I hope I have not offended anyone. Its all in my humble opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very actually easy to define Rajas peak time. Assemble Raja fans (more the better), get their playlists stored in CDs, phones, etc. Arrange the songs that have been heard more often by year and once you do that you will find that it wont be a uniform distribution and certainly the distribution curve will not have its peak after 2010. Now that is not to say, there would not be any data after 2010, off course there are ardent fans like you who will fill up that space.
    The point I am trying to make is, there was a time, we didnt need intelligent people to analyze a rajas song. The songs found us. People gulped and wanted more. People would guess the movies based on their themes. Now, these days, when a Rajas album is released we try to look for that song. All these albums thats you mentioned, (I agree you might like all the songs in all the albums), he was just one among the other composers of todays cinema. There was a time he was THE composer of cinema. That was his PEAK. The peak is certainly not today when reviewers comment on other composers best songs and call it it sounds so rajaish
    If you were to ask me or other fans, whether you would take any songs from these albums to their graves, the answer would be bleak. Now his background scores have always been phenomenal. Thats why I said, even he treats the songs as another thing to do.
    I would still maintain that he is not challenged. When I see a director come and say he composed all the songs in 30 minutes. I really feel like slapping their faces. Spend time, lay out the platform for him, complicate him, pick his brain. Myshkin did it. Look Raja, no songs. Show me you can carry my movie without it. And he gladly obliged.
    Interestingly my favorite album in the recent years was NEP, because of the way each song was layered in composition. Every song sounded like symphony and every instrument seemed to have their own musical sheet that spoke to each other the way only Raja could. A lot of music composers would agree that NEP was a superior technical achievement. I was hoping it would bag all the awards. Yet it never won anything substantial or may nothing at all. Blame it on a bad film.
    Yet the film that won that year on every department was Kumki. As I started listening to Kumki, it was a good album on its own right, it was made for the movie. NEP didnt not require a Hungarian Orchestra. And guess what an average fan who still exalts at Rajas music found Kumki more attractive to him. I dont blame him. You could always argue its the success of the movie that determines the success of the songs, but I have seen this man, create master pieces from movies that should have been burnt at the censor board.
    Anyways sorry for the long post. Keep the conversation flowing. I hope I have not offended anyone. Its all in my humble opinion
    என்னைப் பொறுத்தவரை படைப்பாளியின் உச்சம் என்பது படைப்பின் மீதான அவரது பங்களிப்பினை பொறுத்துதான். ரசிகர்களோ, படத்தின் வெற்றியோ நிர்ணயிப்பதில்லை. இன்னமும் ராஜாவின் படைப்பாக்கங்களில் உயிர் இருக்கிறது. ஆன்மா இருக்கிறது. திரைக்காட்சிகளுக்கான உணர்வுகளை அதில் பார்க்க முடிகிறது. இதில் தொடர்ச்சியாக ஒரு படைப்பாளி தோல்வியுற்றால் மட்டுமே அவர் உச்சத்தில் இல்லை எனப் பொருள். மேலும் ராஜாவைப் பொறுத்தவரை பாடல், பின்னணி இசை என பிரித்தெல்லாம் பார்ப்பது கிடையாது. எல்லாமே உணர்வுகளை கடத்திச் செல்லும் ஊடகம்தான். திரைப்பாடல், திரைப்படமல்லாத தனிப்பாடல் தொகுப்பு என்ற பிரிவே இல்லை. எந்தவிதத்தில் பரிமாறப்பட்டாலும் இசை இசைதான். மெலடி என்பது வரிகள் கொண்ட பாடல்களில் மட்டும் குடிகொண்டிருப்பதல்ல. Rudramadevi (2015) , Abbayitho Ammayi (2016) , தாரை தப்பட்டை (2016) என அவருக்கு கொடுக்கப்பட்ட காட்சி சூழ்நிலைகள் எல்லாவற்றிலும் மேதமை பளிச்சிட இசையமைத்து வருகிறார். Avuna Neevena Ne, Punnami Poovai Vikasisthunna இவைகள் எல்லாம் ஆகச் சிறந்தவைகளுள் இடம்பெற தகுதி பெற்றவை. தேங்கி கிடைக்கும் அவரது ரசிகர்களோ, பலவற்றில் தொலைந்து போயிருக்கும் பிற ரசிகர்களோ இதுபோன்ற பாடல்களின் உச்சத்திற்கு பொறுப்பல்ல. ஒரே ஒரே ஜீவன் தான். அது இளையராஜா.

Post Thanks / Like
    Venki
    I agree with most of the points you raised here . I am not intending that musical skills has diminished. I was just implying the consistency of his music to connect with his fans. The "songs" is not a measure of anyone's musical skills , it's the justice one does to elevate the movie. Raja excelled in both in a certain period of time. Now it's flashes of brilliance here and there .
    To put it in raja's words , we have energy in our body and we have a dominant frequency . Raja's music has a frequency, and when they match, we have a resonant frequency. Many people associate the reason they love raja's music because they have so many memories attached to it. Partly maybe true , scientifically the frequencies matched and we fell in love with him .
    I cannot say for sure that people now have different frequencies , so they cannot identify with raja's . There is also a case that raja doesn't deliver the same frequencies you used to. Because when songs like what you have mentioned , "avuna" , eduru choostunve" come up, we rejoice , because that connects with us. "Avuna" was in my loop for so many days and it still is. But there are other songs I completely fail to connect with.
    I agree with you raja does justice to his movies he is given with. That's why I said he is not challenged these days. For ex. NEP was the last "big" movie as love as its core story, where is the theme ? . I could watch movies like idayam even without songs . Forget idayam , even crap movies like "thendrale ennai thodu " has a theme I could listen for days without food. My point is he can still deliver. Those days , he didn't need anyone , but these days I wish somebody needs to remind him what he is capable of.
    Raja has touched every genre, that is popular even these days. For ex, look at what my present fav combo Santosh-Narayan and Pradeep are doing, all they do is present the kind of songs Raja attempted in " EeraVizhi kaviangal" with songs like " pazhaiya sogangal", " en ganam", " thendral ithai " with present day acoustics. Look how they sound . Was are any song that failed , when raja chose acoustic guitar to lead a song? I doubt it. I wish somebody would push him with great scripts ...

Post Thanks / Like
    காற்றுக்கென்ன வேலி? கடலுக்கென்ன மூடி?

ஆண்டு 2016 :

Idolle Ramayana (Mana Oori Ramayanam) Teaser- A film by Prakash Raj | Priyamani | Ilaiyaraaja

இசை வற்றாத ஜீவநதி!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast