Page 59 of 401 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raaga_kann View Post
    By the by, I really cannot understand the hype surrounding GM... Is he such a master director..?
    He is verymuch known for extracting good songs from MD, and known for picturing that well. THe quality of the song, its video, lyrics all will be of top quality. His films had fails but his songs are huge hit material. No doubt of that, irrespective of MD. added to that, he had frequently shown his love on 80's Raja albums, even in films other MD's were composing. He also produced ASK. So all this added hype to the combo. Needless to say, he is one of the rare director of today's gen, to come to raja. This may start a new episode for Raja's music, in TFM. Thatswhy this hype and hoopla.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Any song where both Raja and SPB sang jointly?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post

general'la thane ketkureenga...

eduthu nan vidava - pudhu pudhu arthangal
    vazhi vidu vazhi vidu - paattu paada vaa

oru friendship song.. MSV-IR-SPB padunadha nyabagam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    'Poongaathu adhu' from 'Nilave Mugam kaattu'

& recently in Goa (Vaalibaa vaa vaa) along with Chithra
    Grey Matter Matters
    http://vigneshram.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    whatte gnaan shoon i am?! Below song yaarukkum theriyaathunnu nenachittu ketten! aanestu got it prefectly. And other songs ellaam enakku strike aagave illai

Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    vazhi vidu vazhi vidu - paattu paada vaa

Post Thanks / Like
    was going thru the back pages... situation kku best tune podrathu Raja is besht nnu sollirunthaanga. i hav a doubt for long time. Agreed and there is no doubt that IR kind of 'sethukkify' tunes for situation. This can be very much said for BGM, more than song, becos, there are many many many tons of repetitive situations and its very easy for us to replace/swap songs btw different films having same situations right? There is nothing too peculiar in most of the songs. In that way, there will be too common situations, very much present in NEPV too. We can even replace songs for them too. for this common situations, its really a great challenge to come up with a fresh, new, latest trend, non repetitive tune every time and this is the challenge which Raja is taking up almost for all film, these days. But alas, the end user is not at all aware of all these hardships. He is same dumb fan wanting for a new, fresh, catchy, trendy melody/tune, thats all. This is where (critics/knowledged fans/ardent fans like us) differ too much from general mass fans. That is why we are wondering why come there dumb mass fans are not adoring the recent Masterpieces of Raja.

The fact all of us know is that, even though great quality is available in Raja's current music, only we ardent fans take extra steps to listen them. For example, listening to Mallu/Telugu albums et all, only we ppl addicted to Raja's music, will do. We seek only for music, new sounds, and flowing creativity and language/actors are not a barrier. THat is one small example. Same can be said about the nice music Raja gives for the small, low budget tamil films which goes un noticed by these general fans. They always listen to songs which appear in Sun/Vijay TV, that too featuring new crop actors(except the legendory Kamal Rajini) and new heroines, new directors etc. They don't realize that, as far music is concerned, all these actors, actress, location etc are just glamorous carriers of the music. For ardent music fans it is finally the music that matters. They are ones who can avoid television for long days. Their only need is internet connection and headphones, to let the ultimate music flow. But now, there has come a chance where, the (pretty dumb) Mass fans meets the Gret Raja, through NEPV. Thats why, all this adithadi, diskassens, phights in this thread! All that is bound to happen and will happen even after many days of NEPV album release!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    following told by JAY KUMAR in RAJA FANS facebook group

raaja was quite inspired by sd burman and rd burman bcz they were in full form when he entered the field and more over during that time tamil industry and its people were dominated by hindi songs and its influence one thing which is quite common in raja's background score is the theme music which follows through out the film and mostly this is based on a particular song like sundar kannal oru sedhi in dalapathi etc...
    but this kind of a feel was not adapted by raja himself it was from his inspiration from s d burman sir who had done this way back in the 1972 n it had the theme of a song zarra nattkatt hai yeh sung by latha ji and this kept rolling over the whole film i was quite impressed when i saw this bcz that was the first of its kind in that era. ya now i understood why he kept telling about s d burman sir in all his interviews...

AN EXAMPLE OF GURU AND SISHYA #####
    late g.k. venkatesh was one of the gurus of raja sir and he also accompanied gk sir for his films on guitars but as time passed on gk sir had no films and thus was in a bad state thats when raja sir asked his guru to be with him for his recordings composing etc... and he also bought him a own house and a car too, this things were told to me directly by gk sir when i happenend to meet him during shivas recording in mumbai infact he said no one else in this universe could take care of a guru in this manner and he was overwhelmed saying this and it was a nostalgic moment for both of us....

this was a discussion myself with my 2 friends had with purushotaman sir[ raja's rhythm programmer/arranger/conductor and ofcourse the drummer he had right from his 1st film we were in a good spirit and i was eager to know facts about raja's composing/ arranging and other technicalities which i wanted to know, so i was asking puru about all incidences which happened during that time
    facts===
    in kaadhal oviyam song of allaighal oivathillai --- hihats is manually played where as the kick and side stick was programmed and puru used to on the sequencer while playing the hihats when ever it was required and also stop it

there is a gadget in rhythm field which is called a synth drum which is similar to a the toms of a jazz drim but is smaller and lighter ya it is electronic and sounds that way so was one instance when puru had information about its arrival at trichy airport from where he had to collect it so he left in a hurry to get it and he also had a recording of allaighal oivathillai on the next day so he was just back from trichy in the morning but was a little late thus had to get into the studio with the equipment but he was quite eager to hear its sounds and just manged to open it and connect it as soon as he had finished doing the connections the song was already rehearsed by other fellow musicians and raja asked puru to go through the song , he said just a moment raja i just want to check my new instrument and then i ll be joining you all and raja agreed and puru just hit the pads f the drums and there was an electonic sound which came out and at the same time bharatiya raja was also in and as he heard the sound he was amused and asked puru to play that sound i the song so puru wondered where he could insert such a new sound so raja asked him to play it through out the song in after beat intervals and thats how this instrument was used instantly in the song----- the song was putham pudhu kaalai and one can make out the different sound it has in its rhythm

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Minds agree - T.N.Seshagopalan talks about Raja in Manadhodu Mono.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    punya...on veena...mad mad mod fugue...

http://www.dhingana.com/veena-in-vie...indi/pop/30233

but this is not the mad mod mood fugue piece...!!
    Last edited by naarayanan; 18th March 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rajaramsgi,

Thanks for the link