Page 303 of 400 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi V_Sji, for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Suspense Novel mathiri at the right place when we wanted to read more, 'thodarum' nu mudichiteenga.
    A-S'la innum nAlu song irukkE...so, I'll have to partition the kathai into 4 more parts...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    If PS sounds like akka of SPB for app_engine, LM sounds like SPB's paati for me.

Where is Usha akkA?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    It's placed in the profile (BTW, I don't want to show the moonji in every post )
    Oh Ok PathutEn, you look younger for ur age BTW, ungala paathi Jollu party mathiri theriyaliE
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    dig

Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    you look younger for ur age
    'anju vayasuppoNNa schoolla vidaRa ALukku idhu avasiyam'nu solli recently wife "colored" me for the first time, that's the effectu...

BTW, ungala paathi Jollu party mathiri theriyaliE
    nAn eppa appadi sonnEn In any case, looks can be deceptive...

end-dig

Post Thanks / Like
    #285 அண்ணாத்த ஆடுறார் ஒத்திக்கோ ஒத்திக்கோ
    (அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள், 1989)

aNNAththa AduRAr...

Everyone on top form in this song - rAsA, SPB, Kamal, Singeetham (yes, I always give him due credit and I think KH learnt a thing or two from him...remember Singeetham won NA in 1973 for 'thikkARRa pArvathi', much before directing KH) and even Achchi, with SPB being first among the equals - ennA oru enthu and thuLLal in this song!

From the morphing moments to the arrest, this song is quite arresting on screen. Ofcourse, a delight to listen on audio as well! It was really hilarious to watch the police station scene that follows - Kamal, Janagaraj & Sivaji in extreme form there. I doubt if any average youngster of that time failed to use the 'dheivamE' exclamation on a day-to-day basis. Because the Appu character had the uniqueness of being dwarf and thus stole all the limelight, the brilliant Raja character didn't get noticed enough, IMHO. It was a terrific portrayal by Kamal and thoroughly enjoyable on every revisit!

This song is a "new rhythm / new sounds" delight, even though rAsA gets into some typical shenoy moments here and there. The other techie departments (costume, choreo etc) need to be praised as well as everything about this movie was out of ordinary, a big leap from what TF was prior. Well, Kamal gets triple credits (double act hero, screenplay writer & producer) for this milestone movie! The way in which they paid attention to details (in general) was arresting too - for e.g. the character name of Delhi Ganesh - "Francis Anbarasu" The TN-ised version of churchgoers' names was always a fun-topic with the bachelors in my new home (moved in with a few younger boys by the end of 1989) and every such detail got nicely embedded by the team in this movie!

Jumping back into the shopfloor story - like I mentioned in the beginning, the confused "relationship" began. That of each looking at the other's eyes for considerably long time. Why confused? Because there was no romance. Neither there was siblingness. Nor friendship. Nothing professional or "gender-attraction" stuff either, as none other than eyes were involved. Whether people can believe it or not, that was the fact - not even once the "gender-defining-avayavangaL" were paid serious attention (not that they were prominent either).

Then why were those mutual pArvaipparimARRangaL (rather pArvai 'vizhungal'kaL)? To this day I can't explain and my mind was confused then too as to why I was thinking about such exchange even hours after work - say while listening to rAsA songs in the bed later or my favourite vaishAka sandhyE for the nth time (over a period of time, memories related to her have become synonymous with this song)! If I move my eyes away from hers and look at the face or the person, she was still unattractive but once the eyes got locked together, there was no escape - it was like magic

Looking back, I think it was possibly the overpowering of "logical thinking" built-in my brain (commitment to parents, sticking to norms / ozhukkam, not hurting others, no damage to hearts etc) over simple emotions that stalled doing anything further - like talking to each other or getting into more trouble. Either way, the status quo went on for months -with minor surprises here and there (e.g. when I feel someone is watching me in a bus stop and look around, she'll be found in the window seat of a passing bus).

Occasionally, I crossed the Lakshman-rEkha for some kuRumbu, all the while careful not to cause any damage to her or me. (Like I mentioned before, personnel dept was atrocious there and even a gossip in the workplace would have meant termination for her and it would have been sad with a drunkard dad, sick mom and a couple of younger siblings, as I found out).

So, what were the kuRumbu acts (nothing compared to what people are generally capable of).

1. I mailed a picture card to her Wait a minute, I also mailed cards to everyone in the department Ofcourse, to the work address. None had the from name, most had "well-wisher" "friend" kind of nicknames and hers had "Guess who". Everyone got a Vidhan soudha or Lal Bagh or Cubban Park kind of picture that I've taken but only she got my special "morning sun" picture

2. While still in lodge, had a kerosene stuff (indulged in cooking for a few months) and prepared gulAb jAmun for the first time in life, with the "ready mix". Due to non-experience, I tried frying the balls in pure ghee that pongified and killed the stove once for all. However, the jAmuns were done by then and were extremely tasty. Ofcourse I distributed it to all the people at work (thru the head of girls) but there was an intended target Interestingly, though there had been no specific targets afterwards, to this day, it has become my practice to make GJ for workplace mates and I lost count how many times I've done it here in US too

By the end of 1989, I had my motorbike and had to give up the "buscapades" but a different avenue was open now...(thodarum)
    Last edited by app_engine; 10th February 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking good, app_eng

ooh.... app_eng, for some girl out there, you are

எங்கேயோ பார்த்த முகம்....இரு விழி மேடையில் எழுதிய ஓவியம்.....!

avanga hubby vandhu, santhoshamaa settle aayirundhaalum, your face always in her memory.

Wonderful, app_eng, appadidhaaney namba grow aagarom.

thanks.... will return for your pick of the day!
    vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 10th February 2012 at 06:07 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed rhythmic delight with drums, tabla and all from Raja....annaathe aaduraar.....

Only S.P.B possible!

romba aacharyamaa illai, even for Kamal, tfmusic stopped using Bala early of this decade.

pammal sambandham, pancha thandhiram, vasool raja appdi ippadinnu padangal vandhu erukku,
    oru paattavadhu aasaiyaa vangi vaichu kekkanumnnu erukka paarunga!

simran affair rumor song onnu, I remember, ennoda kadhal endru...

I am not buying kasu koduthu idhellam.

Grocery shopping panninaa, free DVD rental, when my nephews brought, they watched.

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 10th February 2012 at 04:53 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great going App. I loved the way you distributed the cards and sweets.
    On the movie front, I think Crazy Mohan-Kamal great combo started with this film right?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Great going App. I loved the way you distributed the cards and sweets.
    On the movie front, I think Crazy Mohan-Kamal great combo started with this film right?
    Yes.. The original story screenplay of the movie had been a total wreck. Kamal sought out crazy and on a car drive from
    chennai to pondicherry, the entire screenplay was arrived at by kamal and crazy..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jai. Wow! entire screenplay written on a car drive, that too within 3 hours? Unbelievable! Very sharp and brilliant guys!