Page 231 of 400 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could not compelte this post earlier....regarding the 200th post being Adhikalai Nerame from MOKK, it must be mentioned that MOKK came in Feb 1985 two months prior to UdhayaGeetham, so chronologically speaking, that song should have featured before the songs from Udhaya Geetham. But of course, order of songs doesnt matter.

By the way, 4 years ago for thanksgiving, being someone who doesnt like oor-suthifying or travelling, I spent that holiday writing up a few programs to pull up data for tamil films from an online site(Release Date, Director, Producer, MD, Lyricist, list of actors/actresses etc) and store them into an Excel sheet. I got the data for some 3000 films from 76-04. A few rows need reviewing but once I do that, I can share the file with TF historians here.(The movie dates in my posts are pulled from that excel sheet only).

This thanksgiving, I am working on another TF data collection project, which will remain secret for now

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App...app...it's morning and you already made me seriously look forward for lunch and tea. ada namma NOV-thAn ippadi pannuvAr-nA, inggeyumA? Kidding, aside, those are again new information for me. Kissan orange squash-ellAm kelvipatthathE illa. Thanks app, keep it steaming....
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app,
    en anbae anbae.. very nice nostalgia... hmm.. apadi ellam amaidhiya time irundhu iruku nam period la.. adhu dhan nejam.
    ipo mahdiri avasra ulagam ilai adhu.

Bhajji... hmm.. ipo andha madhiiri kadala maavum ilai. arisi maavum ilali. so andha taste um ilai. ana ipo dhan
    Quality gara perla shoppping Centre la sale panranga.. ana taste illai. bajji taste a varala.. adha pola than..
    Raja songs um.......... adhu andha time.. adhoda Quality.. anubavicha namaku than puriyum. Feel panna mudiyum.

Raja's Recordings...... Very best Refined app.... Noissy sound irukadhu.. emptyness. kaaathoda sound varadhu.
    ipadi neraiya solanam.. adhukae Spl Award kodukanam Raja ku.

en anbae anbae - Violins beauty....... Singers melae.. waterfalls madhirii. peiyum parunga.. so beauty.
    But. Head phone la kaekanam.. apo dhan adhai feel panna mudiyum. Just violins ilai idhu.

The Greatest Violins Notes. They are...........

Singers - Low scale il padum podhu, violins um , low a peiyum............ High scale la padum podhu, Violins um.. high a peiyum...
    beautiful expereince to hear ...............

Oh anbae anbae vaa .. SPB' style.. Hero yaraga irundhalaum... asaiyaga , Gentle a
    oru ootam.. odi vara thonum.. apdi oru singing.
    Last edited by tvsankar; 22nd November 2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, groucho & UshakkA for your kind comments!

I'll post two songs today and cover the backlog...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by al_gates View Post
    it must be mentioned that MOKK came in Feb 1985 two months prior to UdhayaGeetham
    That's quite an interesting piece of info!

Your holiday projects are interesting as well, sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    If the lasting memory of a movie is Suresh in shorts - giving the benefit of doubt to app - the heroine must be quite pathetic indeed. Infact, didn't realise it was a Sridhar movie. Looks like he was prolific even in 80s

Post Thanks / Like
    #205 அப்பப்பா தித்திக்கும்
    (ஜப்பானில் கல்யாணராமன், 1985 )

A very likeable song from this not-so-great album. SPB in splendid form, nicely supported by the wind instrument that almost plays "duet" with him With some stylish orchestration, this couldn't be missed whenever broadcast or bus-cast and was definitely given enough attention.

I have not seen the movie but seen some song clippings on youtube and must say Kamal - Radha made a decent pair during those days. (One won't be surprised if Kamal acts with Radha's daughter in some movie in the coming years as he's still in decent shape I read somewhere that she is particular about "role" and even got paired with Santhosh Sivan in a Malayalam movie, so there's a strong possibility...is there any other case of someone paired on screen likewise? i.e. mom -when young- and daughter)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    App...app...it's morning and you already made me seriously look forward for lunch and tea. ada namma NOV-thAn ippadi pannuvAr-nA, inggeyumA? Kidding, aside, those are again new information for me. Kissan orange squash-ellAm kelvipatthathE illa. Thanks app, keep it steaming....
    Kissan orange squash is a nice memory trigger

Kissan Orange squash was selling red hot in 1985-86, no wonder it was a big hit in App's college. There used to be this cartoon series Fraggle Rock which ran from 85 to May 86 on Saturdays 2PM. DD would start its Sat afternoon transmission at 1:45 beginning with Ghar Bahar, some program for housewives where 2 old ladies would sit and talk. It is hard to think of a more irritating program than that, more so because we were poor in Hindi, so we would run outside to play with the TV on. Those were endless 15 minutes for us kids who were eager to watch Fraggle Rock begin at 2pm. The show was always preceded by a Kissan Ad an featuring an old grandpa with a white beard enjoying samosas(so maybe that was for Kissan Sauce??). Once we hear the grandpa shout the praise of Kissan, we will run indoors knowing Ghar Bahar has ended.

Vikram's release is May 29 86, coinciding with the Mexico world cup.
    Last edited by al_gates; 23rd November 2011 at 02:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    I read somewhere that she is particular about "role" and even got paired with Santhosh Sivan in a Malayalam movie, so there's a strong possibility...is there any other case of someone paired on screen likewise? i.e. mom -when young- and daughter)...
    Speaking of Sivan, does anyone remember this award winning children's movie(1991)?
    http://web.archive.org/web/201012071...g/colors/2.htm

Very enjoyable and cute movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thiraippadal says that the 'ammammOy-appappOy' song of JKR had SPB but cannot be verified at all (if so, it's one of those rare cases of Kamal singing a duet with SPB). Whose voice got changed to the 'chipmunk' thingy? Was it really SPB?

BTW, the same site says 'rAdhE en rAdhE' was by Ramesh (possibly the chipmunk was by him as well).