Page 356 of 410 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 4092

Thread: Box Office Collections

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post
    Expected reply... SOLO release illa brother Saturated Release.. Ajith's Billa was the first movie to go for saturated release among his generation of actors. Trade was very confident that Ajith can pull the crowd and it was proved. Distributors do this for the Stars whose movie release is celebrated as a festival. They don't need a festival weekend to get the grand opening. Release it on any day, rest take care by the Star's opening power. Ajith movies consistently enjoying this saturated release next to Rajini and Kamal. It gives the flexibility to the producer to release the movie on any day when the movie is completed. They do not need to wait for a holiday or festival period.
    I think billa 2 had more shows because it was 2 hours movie and solo release. Why didnt Alwar,Asal, Aegan etc didnt open so big? Ajith was the hero right?
    Out of all top league actors, to my knowledge ajith movie sells for lesser price within 30c. Why?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my view , Distributors are not ready to take risk by releasing any Ajith movie with any other movie due to no scope for longer run.....
    Last edited by arulraj; 10th November 2014 at 01:56 PM.

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    After Rajini its vijay who had/has more family and kids audience which helps in longer run of the movie. Vijay lost a bit in middle where surya gained some control. Now Vijay IMO has gained complete control. The final counts of his recent hits in BO says it all

5. Likes ecureuhapis liked this post
    Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Yup. Ajith does not need any other factor apart from himself. Varalaaru made history. Then what made Aalwar his immediate next release such a damp squib? And Vijay's release before Pokkiri was Aadhi and so he was not on fire exactly at that time.

Pokkiri (previous release Aadhi) vs Aalwar (previous release Varalaaru)

Ok. the content of Aalwar was weak and it lost. But I do not remember it even getting a great opening. Guess Thamirabharani did better. For someone who does not rely on anything apart from himself may I know the reason for this debacle?
    Valid point

Post Thanks / Like
    TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1 :
    #Kaththi Total Australia box-office after 3rd weekend A$193,846 [1.03 Cr]!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ArulprakasH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
    I think billa 2 had more shows because it was 2 hours movie and solo release. Why didnt Alwar,Asal, Aegan etc didnt open so big? Ajith was the hero right?
    Out of all top league actors, to my knowledge ajith movie sells for lesser price within 30c. Why?

Nawaaz and Movie Buff...

We did not deny Alwar was a disaster in BO and opening. Even King looses some wars. But Asal and Aegan took a good opening irrespective of the mixed reviews(links given below). Most of us accept Ajith has given the highest number of flops, but still he enjoys a very good fan base. With that he is capable of giving good opening most of the times.

Aegan CBO
    http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice...5&cid=13525926

Asal CBO
    http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice...0&cid=13525926

Billa 2 was 2 hours so high number of shows.. OK... Even Arrambam had 900+ shows in the first four days. If there is a list of all top league actors movies and its selling price, we can discuss that too.

See all, this conversation started when people here claim 'King of Opening' is a conspiracy based on the Behindwoods data. Just I countered that. It was the title given by the trade.
    முதல் அடியில் நடுங்க வேண்டும்.. மறு அடியில் அடங்க வேண்டும்.. மீண்டு வந்தால் மீண்டும் அடி.. மறுபடி மரண அடி!!!

9. Thanks uruzalari thanked for this post
    Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArulprakasH View Post
    Nawaaz and Movie Buff...
    We did not deny Alwar was a disaster in BO and opening. Even King looses some wars. But Asal and Aegan took a good opening irrespective of the mixed reviews(links given below). Most of us accept Ajith has given the highest number of flops, but still he enjoys a very good fan base. With that he is capable of giving good opening most of the times.
    Aegan CBO
    http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice...5&cid=13525926
    Asal CBO
    http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice...0&cid=13525926
    Billa 2 was 2 hours so high number of shows.. OK... Even Arrambam had 900+ shows in the first four days. If there is a list of all top league actors movies and its selling price, we can discuss that too.
    See all, this conversation started when people here claim 'King of Opening' is a conspiracy based on the Behindwoods data. Just I countered that. It was the title given by the trade.
    Arul, Despite flops Ajith manages good opening is really wonderful. No arguments on that.

Also have to agree vijay/Rajini and even surya now has cushion of longer run because of family audience support though reviews are bad which Ajith lacks. Example would be mankatha which took tremendous opening but didnt have longer run (May be theme of movie would have not interested family/kid audiences. Not sure)

Theaters in TN can manage say 1000shows/day. If its solo release , movie can manage 900 odd shows.

If its festive release, eg: Kaththi vs Poojai theaters can manage 700 + 300 shows right? Does it look a valid point?

Regarding opening, i think 1st 2 days if not 2 , first day purely depends on star power and wide release. So there is no point of review here . Agreed?
    Last edited by Nawaaz; 10th November 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Yup. Ajith does not need any other factor apart from himself. Varalaaru made history. Then what made Aalwar his immediate next release such a damp squib? And Vijay's release before Pokkiri was Aadhi and so he was not on fire exactly at that time.

Pokkiri (previous release Aadhi) vs Aalwar (previous release Varalaaru)

Ok. the content of Aalwar was weak and it lost. But I do not remember it even getting a great opening. Guess Thamirabharani did better. For someone who does not rely on anything apart from himself may I know the reason for this debacle?
    Unfortunately Aalwar (Worst of Ajith) has to release with Vijays Pokiri.
    Thamarabarani?? opened better than Aalwar..Seriously no...

Udhaya came after Thirumalai???What kinda opening it got?? Pudiya geethai too got lesser opening Again There are certain exceptions ..this is such case for Ajith....

12. Thanks uruzalari thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
    oh!! very nice!! It is because of VJ making AGMARK ISI International Standard High Quality Kuthu movies for which there is a market and ready buyers for 50C, 60C?
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Parthyy View Post
    Unfortunately Aalwar (Worst of Ajith) has to release with Vijays Pokiri.
    Thamarabarani?? opened better than Aalwar..Seriously no...

Udhaya came after Thirumalai???What kinda opening it got?? Pudiya geethai too got lesser opening Again There are certain exceptions ..this is such case for Ajith....
    Of course there are exceptions and if you dig deep there will be reasons for those exceptions. I brought it up as your post implied that an Ajith film does not rely on any other factor. Those other factors will be reason for these exceptions.