Page 241 of 400 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi baroque & V_S-ji!

BTW, the pain from the cut was only for limited time but the lajjai lasted for many days thereafter. (namakku enna "ellaippAdhukAppula vandha vizhuppuNNA" perumaippada )

Each time someone asked 'enthu paRRi' (either with real concern on ridicule or whatever) it was so embarassing to mumble 'oru cheRiya accidenttu'
    Last edited by app_engine; 2nd December 2011 at 09:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wondering how this thread - that had only a couple of 100 views each day (not exceeding 1000 a day anyways) suddenly jumped to having 1000's of views each day

It must be the addition of movie / song name on the title...

If I do a google search today with "இதயக்கோயில்", this thread comes on top of the search

Anyway, good

Post Thanks / Like
    The journey continues with 1986...and like I said in the post for 'nAn pAdum mouna rAgam', let us start with MR's MR

Interestingly, we have a "friday song" there which incidentally was playing on my car this morning as well

Post Thanks / Like
    #216 பனி விழும் இரவு
    (மௌன ராகம், 1986 , ஜானகியுடன்)

One of my top fav songs during the bachelor years, 100's of times heard on headphones in the bed! Though there was a mild dip in the scale when I first watched the video a few years back (disappointment frequently posted about on the hub), I've got over that and the song is a top favourite once again and gets played frequently on drives. One can never get bored with an IR song sung by SPB/SJ where rAsA concocted a new rhythm pattern and added exotic sounds! The low frequency flute sounds, vocal harmony stuff here and there added to the new drum sounds that were hitherto unheard (possibly new equipment or new recording but felt great when arrived) made this song instantly likeable and it was a big WOW moment when I first heard!

Since then it kept providing enjoyment for years - crossed quarter century and still feels fresh! One feels like flying during the middle of the saraNam, when SJ sings in an intoxicated tone. SPB in a terrific romantic mood as well. Interestingly, there's also some mild amount of pathos (possibly the low freq flute effect, rAsA cleverly wound his orchestration around the movie's story line - even in a "maRRa" song, absolute genius, reason why he is the undisputed king of BGM in IFM! ). Kudos to MR for getting rAsA into top form here and do some innovative stuff for the time period. There had been some tremendous sounds / drum work in the whole album and I believe some credit goes to the director who possibly kept pushing rAsA

Mohan / Revathy / Karthik were perfect fit for the nicely made movie (watched only a few years back, on the web) which some hubbers say had portions inspired from Mahendran's nenjaththaikkiLLAthE Not surprising, considering the admiration MR has for Mahendran & Suhasini Regarding Mahendran, MR reportedly heaped high accolades for uthirippookkaL (stating his life-time-ambition to make a movie of that calibre). No need to quote anything of that sort for his appreciation of Mrs.MR

Apart from reminding me of the walkman listens, this also brings to mind the visits to Bangalore that started by the end of the year 1986 (the employer had HQ there). I used to visit / stay with a college wing-mate every now and then - when the company guest house room couldn't be booked for e.g....or even otherwise because his room was walkable, < 100 meters, from the middle point of Commercial street. Many of the Bangalore bachelors of 80's possibly recall this place called "Rubin House" close to commercial street supposedly run by a Jew. It was in that place that me and the friend (who lived there in a bachelor room) had talked a lot about this song one evening!
    Last edited by app_engine; 3rd December 2011 at 11:32 PM.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    I'm wondering how this thread - that had only a couple of 100 views each day (not exceeding 1000 a day anyways) suddenly jumped to having 1000's of views each day

It must be the addition of movie / song name on the title...

If I do a google search today with "இதயக்கோயில்", this thread comes on top of the search

Anyway, good
    Little promotion goes a long way. For a long time I think this thread was known only to small group of IR forum regulars, and others joined only very late. Now I guess more are getting in and exploring.. To help them, I have added links to your index posts, in the first post. Just keep posting your usual good stuff, and the views should grow more..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful write-up on a song which is very close to our heart. You Bangalore memories and this song discussion was too good to read. I think I saw this film just before joining the college. The title itself said something new and created a lot of expectations in us at that time. This film is like a book which we want to carry with us all the time. I really loved all the characters in the film, especially the father of Revathi. His role and his acting, I always admire. I forgot his name. Great natural acting. When he arrives to Delhi to see his daughter and when he was irritated by Mohan. One of my favorite scene in the film. All credit to MR.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App, sorry small nitpick - Isnt it பனி விழும் இரவு?

Its a pleasure listening to your write-ups after clicking the link and letting the song play in the background. And playing the song again after finishing reading your write up. Can't thank you enough And to Raja, simbly no words.

Mouna raagam - What an album. And what a lovely film. Love the way the music accentuates the film. Even pani vizhum iravu added so much weight to the film. Fantastic prelude to this song btw.

Still a lot of catching up to do in the last few pages

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR View Post
    To help them, I have added links to your index posts, in the first post. Just keep posting your usual good stuff, and the views should grow more..
    mikka nanRi, RR sir!

This whole exercise is a humbling experience for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    App, sorry small nitpick - Isnt it பனி விழும் இரவு?
    Thank you Nerd, for the kind words and the correction

(I've edited the post)