View Poll Results: Which Tamilnadu player would you like to retain for next IPL?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Murali Vijay - The stylish "kamal fan" Batsman

6 20.00%
  • Ashwin - Tamizh Suzhal

20 66.67%
  • Balaji - Karunchiruthai

3 10.00%
  • Anirudha Srikanth - Paruthiveeran

0 0%
  • Badrinath - Karma veeran

1 3.33%
Page 120 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1309

Thread: "Champion of Champions" Chennai Super Kings

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dilbu,

Tell me,how a sane person can believe that a team can win by fixing? If its fixing, the opposition should be held responsible for throwing the match,aint it?

Just asking this with a belief that you will reply with logical facts rather than diverting the topic and scaring me out of the discussion.
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 27th October 2013 at 01:27 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Dilbu,

Tell me,how a sane person can believe that a team can win by fixing? If its fixing, the opposition should be held responsible for throwing the match,aint it?
    Absolutely SIR, This is my stand on this issue from DAY 1 (may be some time you need to pay attention to even Non fanatic posts also) . Hold every Damn team / player responsible. Start with tainted teams smoke every corrupt hog out. If need be suspend the entire tournament. And come back clean atleast we would be some pride in that kinda action don't you think ? Rather than covering up the whole thing by firing cheer girls , in the name of improving image?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh AB sir, its ok to come out of Fanatic shell sometime and think / talk rationally also. Pl don't be scared about speaking with your conscience.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    CSK has not been accused of match fixing/spot fixing and the only accusation so far has been its team principal being involved in betting. Team principal betting by passing on the team information will only spoil the team's progress and in no way going to help the team's progress in the tourney. If any team player is found guilty of fixing or betting, be it the first man Dhoni or the last man Mohit Sharma, they should be punished. No second thoughts. But questioning a team's efforts for an administrator's crime (which isnt a crime unless proven guilty) is laugh worthy.

But the discussions here were not in the best interests of the game but only in the hatred against CSK as i can see.
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 27th October 2013 at 02:05 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not know that dilbert was an RCB fan. That changes everything. I can categorically say that I have stopped watching IPL since 2011 which was the first time I suspected match fixing. I am not going to get into details since I am least interested in convincing people about it (but if it makes you feel happy, I'll let you know that the match which aroused my suspicions did not feature CSK). But I don't care how important a property IPL may be, I am not interested in the tournament and have better things to watch. Now don't ask me why I know that some IPL players were handed bans or the Guru Meiyapan episode because I can't help following the news on TV and papers. For that matter, why IPL, cricket has also been tainted by match fixing for a long time and administrators' reluctance to face the problem head on is not going to help matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    CSK has not been accused of match fixing/spot fixing and the only accusation so far has been its team principal being involved in betting. Team principal betting by passing on the team information will only spoil the team's progress and in no way going to help the team's progress in the tourney. If any team player is found guilty of fixing or betting, be it the first man Dhoni or the last man Mohit Sharma, they should be punished. No second thoughts. But questioning a team's efforts for an administrator's crime (which isnt a crime unless proven guilty) is laugh worthy.

But the discussions here were not in the best interests of the game but only in the hatred against CSK as i can see.
    AB sir we didn't even give chance to law enforcement to dig deep to see who else was involved, or did we?
    Now we(Fans) can all live under false pretense as if no one else was invovled because seenu mama served us fresh halwa in the name of internal investigation.And Guruji was an astrologer/ mind reader , who got his information directly from Thony , Fleming, ball boys brains without anyone speaking to him periodically.

If CSK fans still believe they don't have tainted players, now that's biggest illusion one can live under. Sorry to disappoint you again these are not hatred posts. Its just frustration on our country's inability to bring out better standards time and time again.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 27th October 2013 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    I did not know that dilbert was an RCB fan. That changes everything. I can categorically say that I have stopped watching IPL since 2011 which was the first time I suspected match fixing. I am not going to get into details since I am least interested in convincing people about it (but if it makes you feel happy, I'll let you know that the match which aroused my suspicions did not feature CSK). But I don't care how important a property IPL may be, I am not interested in the tournament and have better things to watch. Now don't ask me why I know that some IPL players were handed bans or the Guru Meiyapan episode because I can't help following the news on TV and papers. For that matter, why IPL, cricket has also been tainted by match fixing for a long time and administrators' reluctance to face the problem head on is not going to help matters.
    Sorry to disappoint you , me being RCB fan has got nothing to do with this argument. Infact even I didn't follow this tournament after 08 till this year. So don't count me in as some kinda RCB fanatic

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saying that, speaking for myself, I would personally find it very difficult to convince myself about the merits of one team over the other if I suspect wholesale fixing in a tournament. What is the relevance of fandom once you accept that CSK arrange matches so that they win tournaments and the other teams connive with them to help produce this result? I am sorry but it does weaken your position in the argument as it opens you up to assaults on perceived bias.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    Just saying that, speaking for myself, I would personally find it very difficult to convince myself about the merits of one team over the other if I suspect wholesale fixing in a tournament. What is the relevance of fandom once you accept that CSK arrange matches so that they win tournaments and the other teams connive with them to help produce this result? I am sorry but it does weaken your position in the argument as it opens you up to assaults on perceived bias.
    I am not here to weaken anyone's position in this argument or to prove myself as bigger than anyone (That's a false assumption CSK fans have about me I don't care). All I asked was I didn't see a single CSK fan calling for a tough action against there team's involvement , instead they kept diverting the discussion to opposition teams helping the outcome. For which I mention of course there should be a full blown investigation and if need be stop the entire tournament till everyone gets a clean chits. I even gave several examples.

They (CSK fans) yet to come up with a valid reason... Waiting... I am waiting
    Last edited by Dilbert; 27th October 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all that but if you make remarks like you would not like to see RCB pass into Srini's ownership (as if Mallya is the cat's whiskers), that is not going to help your cause in the debate. That is going to strongly suggest that you have an agenda against CSK even if that is not the case. Just as you are interpreting the question of opposition teams as 'diversion'. Why...it is a valid question. You cannot arrange a match such that CSK should win without the other team's involvement. Match fixing in cricket is a Pandora's box so let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. If today a Tour De France runner up during the Armstrong days claimed he was clean, how many people would believe him or sympathise with him. No point pretending some are more clean than others if the reality is that all of them are in the mess together.