Page 173 of 194 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1936

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    தமிழ் சினிமா கண்ட மாபெரும் பிரம்மாண்ட இயக்குநர் ஷங்கர் அவர்களுக்கு,

https://www.facebook.com/livsmile/po...nf&pnref=story
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

I - inspired by Hunchack of Notre Dame

Just wondering whether major scenes/plot of Shankar's I movie resembles the The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drkumar66 View Post
    Just wondering whether major scenes/plot of Shankar's I movie resembles the The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
    none at all... it is not inspired from HND.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    No idea how accurate is this, but got it off my timeline:
    1. The film was budgeted at 185crores
    2. The shooting of the film took approximately 974 days
    3. Amy was paid for 1 crore in this film
    4. Stunt directors who worked in kungfu hustle, kill bill were worked for I stunts
    5. Vikram gained 110kgs for MERSALAITEN song
    6. Vikram removed his teeth for beast role at his own expense of around 1 lakh
    7. Vikram did bodybuilding in 3 months, model in 2.5 months, hunchback back (lean) in 1.5 months
    8. Indra kumar (one of the villain in I) is our late actor sivaji ganesan's son
    9. Kamaraj (one of the villain in I ) is 7 times Mr.India
    10. For vikram , the protein supplements were imported from Europe
    11. Shankar appointed one 24*7 doctor, one physiotherapist, two dieticians and four bodyguards to take care of vikram's health during the film shooting
    12. Vikram was infected by folliculitis (red spots on head) because of makeup for hunchback role
    13. Vikram beast role makeup took nearly around 11 hours a day
    14. Santhanam too reduced his bodyweight and maintained till the film shooting ends
    15. The garden (red seabeach) in the climax was located in Egypt
    16. Vikram had Arnold Schwarzenegger's adult hair style for lingesan character
    17. Vikram goes to bald, so that makeup artists could easily work for hunchback role of him
    18. The media rights for I film was purchased by Jaya tv for 20 crores
    19. The film was released in five languages Tamil, Telugu, English, Hindi, Chinese nearly about 3000 screens worldwide
    20. Seperate crew members were worked in abroad and separate crew members were worked in india ... so that the film story wont be leaked in any manner...

#1 Aascar is known for exaggerating the budget as part of marketing strategy to create more hype..i remember for 10A all over the media its mentioned highest budget movie in india so far..but from the visuals I guess 10A budget will be around 80C(including KH salary) and "I" budget < 100C
    #6 & 14 ->Suthama poi..an good VFX/graphics technician can easily show teethless..vutta anniyan'la vikram unmaiyaalumae ice tub'la irunthaanu solluvaanga pola..Vikram is dedicated/talented actor and directors dream actor no doubt but idhulaan rhomba over

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The budget is below 100 C and Shankar blamed the producer for all the delay. The film was supposed to release in an year from the shooting start date.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
    The whole film, almost from start to finish, made me squirm on my seat...
    It wasn't just the scenes with the "Osma" character, I'd say there was plenty of stuff in the film that was really tasteless...
    I had an unpleasant experience watching it with kids. My bad - Should have known about the rating and read reviews before taking them. After Enthiran, Shankar became hugely popular among the tiny tots. And the trailer was a bit deceiving too.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamil Cinema ‏@BoAnalyst 6h6 hours ago

Well We Got In Touch With Few Theaters Screening Hindi Version, Guess What #I Is Getting Reviews Equal Or Better Than What Enthiran Got

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

I [2015 : Tamil : Thriller (Drama, Romance)]

What sort of things are we? Metaphysically speaking, if we are made of matter, what matter is it? And does it really matter?

'I', an 'uyir ezhuthu' (vowel) in Tamil language, is an interesting title chosen by Shankar for his latest film. Incredibly influenced by Apple Technologies, Shankar takes the 'I' part for his Imagination, which Steve Jobs coined to stand for Innovation. But how is it convincing to call a movie which is neither historical nor valliant being named as 'King' (another meaning of 'I') - the simplicity is in the rise-fall-rise situations the hero gets trapped into, or the war he wages against the injustice done to him. The scenario is simple, with all the 'hand-in-hand' & brawl moments, when suddenly an evil interrupts and separates the Beauty which unleashes the Beast of 'I-self'.

Gym-Boy Lingesan sets out in the celluloid unverse with Diya, both sharing their intimacy before and behind the camera. So when Lee, (when mappillai can become mappi, why can't Lingesan become Lee), so when Lee reaches the top of the pyramid quite rapidly, it certainly does not go well with the other guys - let us call them 'the sharks' - who plot a fabulous doom for Lee, code named 'Athukum Mela" (meaning 'over the top where the top is not really the top'). So after the 'Athukum Mela' episodes, Lee is now an ‘ugly duckling’ with one objective - save Diya - no wait, 2 objectives, to take revenge also. The revenge part is actually "Athukum Mela' Volume 2, multiplied by several notches higher.

Shankar films have expectations, and people are learning the fundamental truth: 'expectations can kill'. Predictability puts you in coma, and its side-effects, the detachment, causes fatal judgments. Mix them both, 'I-the film' immediately becomes an illusionary world spun out of irreal objects. But the answer is quite simple to those struck inside this spiral - 'Old wine in new bottle' they say, I say 'Older the wine, the best, who cares about the bottle'.

What you look beyond an ‘expectation' or 'predictability' is what is going to be driven back, and 'I-the film' has all the stand alone events that certainly merits one's & everyone's attention.

Vikram is a very rare breed of actor, with natural talents and ‘easy to observe’ what is demanded artist. He combines this deadly combo and volunteers to be anyone the film maker wants him to be. His flexibility, again something natural & unique, drives him to choose and play a role which are still on the testing grounds. In 'I-the film', he plays 3 different getups for the same character, that are differed in physique, attitude & speech. One man with 3 different variations and Vikram pulls it off with grace, particularly the ‘Koonan’ (Hunchbacked) role, where with his movements and eye contacts make this gruesome character adorable implanting the needed sentiments & emotion like anger and sorrow in the right mix. Shankar takes the enormous responsibility to sketch this character to which Vikram gives a life to. The entire close ups, just mounts the ambience where you really wish someone to hug the ‘Koonan’ or as weak he is, to take out the bad guys in whichever way possible. On screen, it actually unfolds in a right measure making you sit, watch & follow the ‘Koonan’ Vikram.

Lingesan is a macho and unleashes the variety within - being raised under a restricted social backdrop, his physique which only is a ticket to reach heights. Upon meeting Diya, he proves to be a quick learner making the point that it’s not where you are from, but what actually you are that marks the diference, and soon he becomes a contrast to himself - this time with a more controlled and socially apt torso. Just like how his name gets shortened, so does his physique. His attitude changes along with his facial and customary transformations. Then finally when he becomes a victim of his own desires - here I wish to address the story/screenplay : Shankar has beautifully woven his story and presented it inside an apt play. Lingesan gets what he wished for - Money, Fame, Love, and Power - and again it’s the same 4 which twists his life, making him experience the Ugly Truth. The delivery of Shankar is quite noteworthy, where you can confidently say it’s a Shankar film - So, when finally he becomes a victim of his own desires he becomes the walking truth of ugliness. Vikram just reflects them through his performance.

Talking about the ‘Koonan’ character there is a wonderful scene between him & Diya, where he tries to assure her not to be guilty. He says: ‘Intha Ullagam Thaan Antha Mathiri’. He just excels in that scene where all the while he seems to be restless – swaying – at the same time he is sure of what is saying and doing. Adding more vibrant strokes is the mirror scene - A class. Hats off Shankar-Vikram.

Amy is Yummy. Again it’s during the same above mentioned scene where she tries to support the ‘Koonan’ after bashing him 'left-right-left', she gives a 'open mouth' performance which was kind of catchy. She is fantastic in songs. Talking about song visuals, it was difficult to follow what's popping during the songs as everything that is popping were fabulous. The eye behind the camera needs a special Hats Off. But was kind of surprised to see her skin tone magically keeps on turning different from scene to scene - well, that’s just for saying something more ! Santhanam gets a character quite important to the plot, and his one-liners kind of suit the ambience. He is the backbone to the backless ‘Koonan’, and couple of scenes where he requests the ‘Koonan’ to return or not to worry was good. The rest of the main star cast includes a hand full of villans. As the story travels with ‘Koonan’, we only see how much the ‘Koonan’ saw. So there is no much detailing about the villans, which is normal. Except for the 'group-laughing' session which was incredibly badly made, the villans are omni-present as they are the real ‘Koonans’ - Koonan by mind, heart and spirit.

Shankar, in several interviews has stated that its Vikram who proposed to lose his weight. Where Shankar appreciates it, is during the scene where Vikram pleads to the doctor to cure him. A well enacted portion, where he falling to the chair looks like someone so dejected. Shankar has kept this scene quite sharp, even while showing the back of Vikram's head while he wears a cap. A kind of ode to Vikam from Shankar.

I didn't have any problem with the placement of the Beast song - His love can't recognize him, He can't announce it to her, He is obliged to tie her up, He is cursed to hear her cry and the final burst comes in the form where she is still in love with him, but the other self. Thus it’s how he expresses what he feels through the song, where he liberates her from the cage crying out load - 'Ennai naan yaar endru sollallum puriyadhu'. But as I had mentioned before, it was kind of creepy to see the other junior artists in Rubber suits giving an academy level performance. This point of the movie was the lock that I had been waiting for, and from here the movie mounted quite high.

Sharkar movies are packaged with flaws. His expression is what that excludes these flaws. I wish to point out only two of them - Editing (No certinaly not related to the movie duration). The naration is non-linear, I will cover it outside the review as its already getting LONG. The film had a lot of scope to experiment with editing as it comfortably moves between flahsbacks and flashforwards. But all we could see are jumping scenes. Secondly Shanker mercilessly whipping us with his spoon and feeding us with force. 'I-the film' has its own wonders and blunders. Leave the blunders at the theatre and taken home the wonders.

Finally, what is 'I' ? 'I' in sanskrit stands for 'Aham', meaning 'Supreme Heart'. 'I' is the supreme heart of Diya and Lingesan, which takes an inner form and leaves the exterior for materialistic desires. Heart wins, so does I-the film, and that exactly is what matters !

I - Immense
    Last edited by mappi; 20th January 2015 at 04:09 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

10. Likes RR, NOV, Pras liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    who acted as Amy's mother ? Is she some old Hindi actress ? she looked familiar , couldn't recall the name ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    She looks like priyadarshan's ex wife