Page 141 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1932

Thread: Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    Great! So how is Rajini responsible for this greedy distributors investment?
    Didn't he think about all those stupid questions he asked before making such a huge investment?
    Did Rajini force him to buy for such a high price?
    Which next generation actor movie has even touched Enthiran or Sivaji collection?
    Did anyone manage to get their movie released in 600-700 theatres?
    How about 200 theatres in US?

I suppose you are in US bay area still. Did any other movie open as big as Lingaa in the recent past?
    From wherever I am I can see no one even close....

Did you watch those videos (Red pix) by that Singaravelan? Don't you see there is an agenda behind it?
    Sare Vedungea Sir !! Unnecessary attention to a very stupid business model. Bigger the Bubble the harder the crash (Business Management 101)

Producer sells it for say 120 Crs with production cost of 80 Crs
    Tier 1 Distributor either tries to release it on their own (with MGs with exhibitors or option 2 Sell it to Tie2
    Tie 2 same thing
    it goes on and on , the final guy who gets it is left a product which includes profit margin for all above the food chain !!

Best thing for Indian cinema would be companies like Eros or Sun Networks releasing these movies on their own rather than these fly by nite local/ regional distribution house.
    Let them start building a transparent networks among rural exhibitors. Have tighter legal agreements etc.

In all this non-sense of 500 Cr , 1000 Cr how much of black is getting mixed with actual revenue of the movie? No one will ever know
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cm123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last weekend I watched it in Kumbakonam-Thanjavur district. TICKET price was 100 and 150. (200 and 250 for first 2 weeks)still they are giving reservation coupons without ticket price. All are illegal. How can they show profit or loss with this model?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is one news that in the month of Nov/Dec 2014 just before the release of Lingaa, Rajini's elder brother had told media in the press meet in Trichy that the TN govt shouldn't go against Karnataka while constructing dams. There was huge outcry against Rajini's elder brother then. something fishy and some connection?

why would these distributors/theatre owners pull Rajini into this matter? he is not the producer, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm...now all the distributors/theatre owners (most of them)of TN are planning to join a stir/fast against Lingaa producers and Rajini....not good signs...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cm123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pichaikara payalkal. Konjam panatha thooki potta , kavvittuu odi poyiduvanunga. This is not limited to movie business in tamil nadu.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    These guys are funny. AVM and SUN network were very careful dealing with these guys. So they could not claim anything against Sivaji or Enthiran. Now they started again!

It needs to be dealt as a "business"!

Rajini or producers should not allow these guys to win this time!

Yeah, they lost money. SO WHAT? Dont cry that I got money here and there for high interest and all that nonsense.

Why are you so greedy?? Pay the price for that!
    This is a very big world!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right from opening, ‪#‎Lingaa‬ didnt collect even close to what years biggest BB Kaththi collected in TN - Distributors

9. Likes CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Distributors should be blamed for accepting to such a "Greedy" business model of producers. Distributors are asked to pay a high non-refundable amount for the film and in return only gets a commission of 10% that goes beyond the deposit paid. What kind of a greedy business model this by the producers. But once signed up, distributors have less rights to cry foul now. Pity these guys, really!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    Distributors should be blamed for accepting to such a "Greedy" business model of producers. Distributors are asked to pay a high non-refundable amount for the film and in return only gets a commission of 10% that goes beyond the deposit paid. What kind of a greedy business model this by the producers. But once signed up, distributors have less rights to cry foul now. Pity these guys, really!
    It is a business agreement. EROS have got insurance too. I dont think these guys can win. They can only make Rajini looks like a bad guy!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    It is a business agreement. EROS have got insurance too. I dont think these guys can win. They can only make Rajini looks like a bad guy!
    Of course, these guys can't take this case legally. But, they will try to arm twist using their red card etc. Also, can emotionally blackmail rajni as rajni might not wish to spoil his name at this time of his career. Having said that, the distributors also have no option. Kandhu vattikku panam vangi kuduthurupainga!! Its solely because of their own mistake in accepting to all terms of the producer.