Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Horror flicks

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Padathula kekkavum paakavum naasthiaa irukkum. After seeing this film i so disliked rosemary's baby, aalai vudungada saami.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
    in celebration of the beast day 06/06 (there should be another 6, screw that and imagine i'm posting this at 6), i present you one of the greatest themes of all time. Ave Satani from Omen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nightmare on elm street ; dream master

i never understood the appeal of freddy tbf. maybe because i'm biased as i've always been a jason guy. well the 1st one and 3rd one were great. the 2nd one had an out of boundary theme and the rest of them were .... joke. serious. Freddy just floats there, kills people and busts out his one liners. i think they just made the series since it's a cash cow and Freddy was a cultural icon in states back in late 80's... after all, new line cinema was a house that Freddy built.

anyway the movie just terrible. slow, plodding and never interested me.. they had some wild imaginary scenes like cockroach kills, Englund in nurse costume.. come on. i know he's supposed to be a joke, but don't tell me when to laugh. for some reasons the critics have always loved the nightmare series. i don't think any of the friday series were rated 50%+ in RT (Jason Lives, my least favorite in the series is the highest rated.. :facepalm. Atleast Jason was intimidating and you want the protagonists to kill him.. which is well, the main aim of any horror movies.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half Light

No wonder the film was released straight in DVD. More suitable to watch in the idiot box than in the big screen.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Banned Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

Basically a giant joke. Freddy's a joke seriously. Atleast Dream Child attempted to inject some seriousness with more gothic theme, but this one is just zzzz... You know horror movies supposed to be scary right? Movies were made to cash in on the Freddymania that was running wild on US at that time. I mean he had tv shows, merchandises, guest star on talk shows, mtv appearances.. I think they were really afraid that a sick and twisted Freddy (part 1 -3) would ruin the popularity he had with the younger audience.

Story is nothing new. New Line Cinema sucks. The first thing they did to Jason when they bought over the series from paramount was to give him an extra backstory.. what a load of BS. Are you telling me that Pamela voorhees and Tommy Jarvis are not enough to make Jason credible?. I'm referencing Friday series because that's what NLC did to Freddy here. They added a backstory (which is fine if they didn't ignore the excellent backbones like part 1 and 3) for Freddy and it was awful from the word go. I'm bitter because part 3 was really really really good and one of the best movies of all time (yeah, i went there). Dream Master put the series to coma and Final Nightmare shot the dying patient (no pun intended). And Freddy's last hurrah goes with a whimper. He has 3 kills.. one of them on a 16 bit videogame (i'm not kidding). And the climax.. come on now, was the movie rated pg-13? is that the way to kill one of the franchise horror characters of all time. Johnny Depp makes his return to the series.. albeit in a 10 seconds cameo, but it's still nice to him in the series that made him (like Jamie Lea in Halloween H20 and Savini in Final Chapter)..

Thankfully Wes Craven would re-invent the series in New Nightmare. While far cry from his original adventure, it's still eons better than all the sequels except part 3.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When a stranger calls

The police officer's call back to Jill to reveal the caller's location should find a place in the top 10 spine chilling moments in the history of films.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    texas chainsaw massacre 74 - never a fan but always admired the dark atmosphere it had. the violence was rather tame even by today's PG standards. why it was even opposed those days. the 'family' was even creepier than leatherface which is something. speaking about leatherface he looks best in the movie with him showing occasional weakness and frustration (i always love when they show the monsteres as humanly as possible - think potato sack Jason in part 2). he would eventually become the lead character in the series, following the slasher theme those days with Myers and Jason and immediately worn out his welcome by part 2. Unlike other (even by Hellraiser standards), leatherface didn't do anything memorable until the cross dressing in Next Generation. Talk about horror's all time embarrassment.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has any one seen this ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have seen this.

really silly concept (legalized violence for 1 day of the year. i didn't know Americans were saint for 364 days) bad acting, jump scares, masked cult leader with followers, which is lifted from the strangers.

more thriller than horror. it has some horror elements . Survival (watch last man on earth - 64 instead . or even i am legend - both are same movies anyway). Home Invasion (watch Black Christmas instead. or even Home Alone atleast it's interesting). Stranger in the family (Stepfather).

they had the idea, even if it's stupid. how you even ruin such premise. ended up with 10+ characters when the movie was crying out loud for violent crimes (it's rather quiet for one night when crimes are allowed).

recommended to avoid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosaski Pasapugazh View Post
    i have seen this.

really silly concept (legalized violence for 1 day of the year. i didn't know Americans were saint for 364 days) bad acting, jump scares, masked cult leader with followers, which is lifted from the strangers.

more thriller than horror. it has some horror elements . Survival (watch last man on earth - 64 instead . or even i am legend - both are same movies anyway). Home Invasion (watch Black Christmas instead. or even Home Alone atleast it's interesting). Stranger in the family (Stepfather).

they had the idea, even if it's stupid. how you even ruin such premise. ended up with 10+ characters when the movie was crying out loud for violent crimes (it's rather quiet for one night when crimes are allowed).

recommended to avoid.

Thanks for your advice
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Any one seen this, this is "supposed" to be one of the scariest movie ever made!

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast