Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilaiyaraja's New Albums 2016-18, News and Titbits

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dochu View Post
    Ilayathasan/VR - Ofcourse, nobody is perfect in this world, as I said before. Hence there should some sort of leniency to certain degree. To me, that action was quite unwarranted. I wish I could overlook such a mistake, but this isn't an isolated incident. There is a history.

Ofcourse, we all do make mistakes. It takes a lot to apologize.

I rechecked the video to the end. I didn't see any 'hand gestures' that seems to be in apologetic tone. Hope tabla player was able to 'convince himself' that there was an apology towards the end of the song.

On a related note -
    In psychology, there is a term called 'halo effect'. When somebody likes (adores/worships) say celebrities, friends etc they tend to ignore any faults in them.

I am as much as a hardcore fan like others. I don't even listen to other MD's songs (exception MSV). But some things I can't overlook. "Netri kannai thirapinaum kutram kutramey" especially when there is repetition.
    "....I didn't see any 'hand gestures' that seems to be in apologetic tone..."

To be precise watch repeat watch

1. first interlude or something...IR was upset he cautions the tabla player (see his face)
    2. the yelling .. not warranted it is a outburst for a reason under "emotional conditions" how he sang the lyrics and how crowd got the point..probably musicians got involved as well for that miss
    3. exactly @7:00 he gestures the hand to complete the song
    4. exactly @7:01 he turns shows angry face to the tabla player for the miss which inturn made him to outburst
    5. exactly @7:02 - 7:04 ( he raises his hand towards the tabla player and that is apology )
    6. 7:05-7:06 he folds his hand towards audience

I think all this stuff happened under emotional conditions where audiience, IR, musicians themselve got involved and misses happen

No one is saint including IR and we tend to use foul language under ideal conditions triggering that so that 7:02- 7:04 is the key that "he understood his mistake"

Kobam irukum idathil than kunam irukum so to add noone knows what happened offline like IR would have talked to that tabla player for his outburst
    Its all part of package.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I rechecked the video to the end. I didn't see any 'hand gestures' that seems to be in apologetic tone. Hope tabla player was able to 'convince himself' that there was an apology towards the ..

Hi Dochu
    You can see it from Ifran's reply that, Raja made that gesture (7:04). Thank you Ifran.
    So it's up to you wether you want to accept he apologised or not... I don't know what is the condition in psychology,,, horn affect??? Just kidding. It is not my Intention, that to argue or point a finger at you.
    About halo affect thing , you are entitled to your own opinion. But I never call my self a fan , In fact I feel it's a insult.( pls don't look for names). I am indebted to Raja sir , so he is like one of my close relative. In real life if one of them make mistake I used to criticise them, now try to understand it then tell discuss with them( may be the age).
    About repeatedly making mistake? maybe he has . The many of them entirely not his faults. Also many us have repeated our mistake in our life. Maybe you have reached the heights that we are trying get to.
    In west, people accept the real geniuses for their creativity or for their thought. I can give example for almost all of them.. take Van Gagh. Then again it's up to the individuals to accept wether Raja sir is great genius or not.
    Only thing I can't understand , that most people in public eyes India are frauds, womaniser , drunks and more. Why nobody ever talk about them..... why

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    @irfan123, Ilayathasan:
    No worries.
    How IR pointed out the mistake of tabla player (for not starting right on the cue), I pointed his mistake for handling the musician erratically.
    As I keep saying, we are all bound to get emotional, etc and make mistakes. Whatever it is, some things (mistakes) will get erased as we age and gather experience in life.
    What we did (mistakes) as kids, don't get repeated because we 'learnt' from it.

IR for his age, wisdom and experience, this definetely wouldn't be the first encounter.

My personal wish was that he could take it light and not censure the tabla player to that extent. Whatever the hand gestures (7:04) seemed to be taken as an apology, could very well be done it more mature and differently too, IMHO.

We all tried giving reasons that musicians have the right to such eccentricities, situations made him do it etc.

But at the end of the day, personally I think it would be a great selfless act to be just kind and accepting person.

Whether you believe it or not, whenever there is an interview or press meeting with IR, people who adores him for sure will be nervous while the media will be waiting for some juicy comments to make a media sensation. IMHO, these things could be controlled.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @irfan123, Ilayathasan:
    No worries.
    How IR pointed out the mistake of tabla player (for not starting right on the cue), I pointed his mistake for handling the musician erratically.
    As I keep saying, we are all bound to get emotional, etc and make mistakes. Whatever it is, some things (mistakes) will get erased as we age and gather experience in life.
    What we did (mistakes) as kids, don't get repeated because we 'learnt' from it.

IR for his age, wisdom and experience, this definetely wouldn't be the first encounter.

My personal wish was that he could take it light and not censure the tabla player to that extent. Whatever the hand gestures (7:04) seemed to be taken as an apology, could very well be done it more mature and differently too, IMHO.

We all tried giving reasons that musicians have the right to such eccentricities, situations made him do it etc.

But at the end of the day, personally I think it would be a great selfless act to be just kind and accepting person.

Whether you believe it or not, whenever there is an interview or press meeting with IR, people who adores him for sure will be nervous while the media will be waiting for some juicy comments to make a media sensation. IMHO, these things could be controlled.
    Whether you believe it or not, whenever there is an interview or press meeting with IR, people who adores him for sure will be nervous while the media will be waiting for some juicy comments to make a media sensation.

அதுக்கும் அல்ரெடி "அறிவிருக்கா?"ன்னு கேட்டுவிட்டார். நீங்க அந்த நடத்தைக்கும் ராஜாவுக்கு போதனைகள் தரலாம்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Whether you believe it or not, whenever there is an interview or press meeting with IR, people who adores him for sure will be nervous while the media will be waiting for some juicy comments to make a media sensation.

அதுக்கும் அல்ரெடி "அறிவிருக்கா?"ன்னு கேட்டுவிட்டார். நீங்க அந்த நடத்தைக்கும் ராஜாவுக்கு போதனைகள் தரலாம்.
    Looks like you are pretty 'annoyed' that I pointed at a mistake and suggested alternatives. Aren't you doing the same to me? Looks like you are 'preaching (போதனை)' me to preach IR.

Doesn't that sound hypocritical?

See as much as you overlook his mistakes and justify to, using the same logic, your reasoning falls quite flat. Because you are preaching too. I am able to note the sarcasm in your tone.

It takes a whole lot of reasoning, thinking and maturation to overcome challenges and remain calm in life. Which I don't think we will ever master until our death. I am as much as imperfect like anybody else and trying to control my animal urges.

Hope you are not taking any of this personally and my intention isn't so either.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you are pretty 'annoyed' that I pointed at a mistake and suggested alternatives. Aren't you doing the same to me? Looks like you are 'preaching (போதனை)' me to preach IR.

Doesn't that sound hypocritical?

See as much as you overlook his mistakes and justify to, using the same logic, your reasoning falls quite flat. Because you are preaching too. I am able to note the sarcasm in your tone.

It takes a whole lot of reasoning, thinking and maturation to overcome challenges and remain calm in life. Which I don't think we will ever master until our death. I am as much as imperfect like anybody else and trying to control my animal urges.

Hope you are not taking any of this personally and my intention isn't so either.
    'annoyed'-லாம் இல்லிங். ரசிகர்கள் என்ற போர்வையில் ஏதேனும் ஒரு சில காரணங்களைச் சொல்லி குதர்க்கம் பேசும் மக்களையும், ரசிகரல்லாத நிலைப்பாட்டோடு கக்கும் காழ்ப்புணர்ச்சிகளையும் இணையத்தில் நிறைய பார்த்துவருகிறோம். அந்த அனுபவத்தில் ராஜா ரசிகர்களுக்கு தோல் நன்றாகவே தடித்துவிட்டிருக்கிறது என நினைக்கிறேன்.

"எனக்கு ராஜா பாடல்களை மட்டுமே பிடிக்கும்" என்ற விவரமான முன்மொழியோடு சொம்பு எடுத்துக்கொண்டு அலையும் கருத்து கந்தசாமிகள் சூழ் உலகம் இது!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dochu
    Still I don't know wether you accept that Sir has apologised or not, if you have there is know apology from you as person except high morals from others.I hope at least you would accept that he put his hand up.
    How come you haven't said anything about behaviours of geniuses. Don't you accept Raja sir one? Compare are to almost all of them he has conducted him self pristine.
    Venki forget about we are getting hard skin, imagine how hard would have been for him. Filthy industry he's been in , all the selfish people, peoples who used him, the ones stabbed him in the back, the ones who portrait them as talented as him...., unimaginable . Sorry Dochu only thing I don't understand is.. you are expecting to be like us.
    And your comments about his repeated mistake .. you think it's all his fault? Even if it's me ( kadaiyen compare to the Ghani) would have reacted really bad.
    He is musical saint not spiritual saint., that's where you are probably confused..

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about spelling and grammatical mistakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    "எனக்கு ராஜா பாடல்களை மட்டுமே பிடிக்கும்" என்ற விவரமான முன்மொழியோடு சொம்பு எடுத்துக்கொண்டு அலையும் கருத்து கந்தசாமிகள் சூழ் உலகம் இது!
    Man!!!that's quite a pessimistic way to look at everybody. If you keep wearing dark glasses all the time, statistically you are bound to miss out on good/geniune things too.
    FOrtunately, it isn't my problem but yours to deal with.
    Indirectly hinting (AGAIN!) with a sarcastic comment doesn't help your case at all. I clearly mentioned that I was just expressing my way, and you went around beating the bush.

You talked about who are we to preach others, geniuses have their own quirky ways, etc but you did the exact opposite of preaching etc. And I called out this action as being hypocritical. You cannot hold different set of standards for yourself and others.

Bottomline - no matter how much ever we justify erratic actions of anyone (against norms of a social living), it gets censured. History has repeatedly shown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ilayathasan View Post
    Still I don't know wether you accept that Sir has apologised or not, if you have there is know apology from you as person except high morals from others.I hope at least you would accept that he put his hand up. How come you haven't said anything about behaviours of geniuses. Don't you accept Raja sir one?
    I have accepted him as a music genius. Period.
    With a gross mistake, I would have done more than a hand gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by ilayathasan View Post
    How come you haven't said anything about behaviours of geniuses. Don't you accept Raja sir one? Compare are to almost all of them he has conducted him self pristine.
    Venki forget about we are getting hard skin, imagine how hard would have been for him. Filthy industry he's been in , all the selfish people, peoples who used him, the ones stabbed him in the back, the ones who portrait them as talented as him...., unimaginable . Sorry Dochu only thing I don't understand is.. you are expecting to be like us.
    And your comments about his repeated mistake .. you think it's all his fault? Even if it's me ( kadaiyen compare to the Ghani) would have reacted really bad.
    He is musical saint not spiritual saint., that's where you are probably confused..
    Who would think this is a utopian world? Its mostly Dog eat dog world. How can one justify their own bad behaviour because they were treated bad once by others? If everybody follows that principle, then good things will cease to exist.

I would NOT definetely call anyone a saint. I am yet to come across a saint. He has portrayed him to be more spiritually inclined, hence public's expectations for him to stand above the rest is quite ginormous. And erractic actions undermines the credibility.

Look at the video clip of famous bleep song controversy.
    I am not justifying the reporter's action. It was an inappropriate question at an inappropriate time. However, he did not ask IR how to treat perivascular disease with latest drug. It was well within the realms of his territory (cine music). Maybe the common expectation would be to answer with a simple, 'no comment' or 'inappropriate question'. Instead IR, questioned the reporter.....

"Unaku modhalla enkitta pesa thagudhi iruka nu...."

I got confused. Now what qualifications does a reporter need to ask celebrities?

Anyway, I shall stop my arguments with this because.......majority of public doesn't accept it. It was quite evident from the media reports.
    Last edited by dochu; 12th October 2016 at 10:45 AM.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast