Page 319 of 400 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posted Yesterday, 11:34 AM
    Actor, director and reality show host Lakshmy Ramakrishnan had directed Aarohanam and recently released Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathey(NVM). After the failure of NVM's and prompt removal from screen just after a week, Lakshmy has been dishing out open criticism about recently released movies such as Thirudan Police and Kaaviya Thalaivan.
    "Kaaviya Thalaivan" puts Lakshmy to sleep

Watched a film that put me to sleep! Wish such super talented actors, director offered us something new! aracha mavayee, arachuttangka... I wonder how a popular film critic on Twitter praised the film! Went to watch it because of his review...Disappointed once again!

"Thirudan Police" is "unsahikkable"

Love sequence for the sake of it, heroine has no purpose than walking up and down the street, to be spotted by hero. Irritating gestures by hero, influence of previous film. No consistency or reason for hero's behaviour! Attitude change happens overnight. Maha-boring duet, purposeless item number, bad portrayal of villain's wife, cliched hero's mother, could not retain interest after all this. Hero's friend character was equally boring, same style as his previous films, and rowdy's brother intolerable. All women are almost dumb. Movie is unsahikkable and kiddish.
    Director Lakshmy may be speaking her mind. In the case of Kaaviya Thalaivan, it is believed that she was taking a shot at a noted Tamil film tracker with maximum number of twitter followers. Between personal egos, the victim happened to be Kaaviya Thalaivan, which needs all the support it can garner to survive at the Box Office this week. Lakshmy's earlier criticism about Thirudan Police was believed to have been triggered because of "Thirudan Police" grabbing most of the screens from "Nerungi vaa muthamidadhey" a few weeks ago.
    Lakshmy had announced that she will write about every film I watch, whether good or bad. It is her right as audience paying 120 Rupees to watch a film. Shouldn't she take cues from colleagues in the industry who were magnanimous in showering encouraging words after watching Aarohanam, despite a number of amateurish scenes. If Lakshmy continues to throw stones from inside the proverbial glass house, won't it create so much bad-will in the industry that the producers, technicians and cast may decide to stay away from booking her for new movies? One thing that is clear is nothing good is expected to come out of all this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it better Lakshmi R lies, and say the movie is good? This is one of the bad things about cinema, the glorification and the fake respect, that people shows sometimes is disgusting. I hate when cine celebrities praise a stupid a movie. There is no need to act like being in a nursery any more. Just tell it straight forward.

I would never watch a movie like Kaaviya thalaivan. It sounds to boring to average viewer like me. Movies like Kaaviya Thalaivan, Cuckoo, Thangameengal, Oonaayum Aattukuttiyum sounds good on paper, but these movies will test the patience of the common viewer.
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Is it better Lakshmi R lies, and say the movie is good? This is one of the bad things about cinema, the glorification and the fake respect, that people shows sometimes is disgusting. I hate when cine celebrities praise a stupid a movie. There is no need to act like being in a nursery any more. Just tell it straight forward.

I would never watch a movie like Kaaviya thalaivan. It sounds to boring to average viewer like me. Movies like Kaaviya Thalaivan, Cuckoo, Thangameengal, Oonaayum Aattukuttiyum sounds good on paper, but these movies will test the patience of the common viewer.
    haven't watched, kaaviya Thalaivan...but Oonaayum Aattukuttiyum was a single chase from beginning to end & it didn't even had a flashback portion..i felt it was FAST & ENGAGING...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arima Nambi - Watch it thambi.

Definately worth the watch. This is one of the movie where Vikram Prabhu impressed me. I thought Priya Anand were gonna be rescued at the end (watched too many cilcheed cinema),thankfully she has screen time in whole 2nd half. Kamalhaasans "little brother" JD Chakravarthy done a neat job too as the villain. This movie has no comedy, which werent needed either, but it had songs, that weren't needed either. Sorry Drums Sivamani, your debute is far from impressive. Anand Shankar deserves a pat for making this racy edge of the seat thriller.
    God bless all

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ra

A very decent attempt. Only wish the second half was as engaging as the first half. But still, I will recommend it for the genre that has been rarely touched in TFI.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

7. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Aarambam again and realized I still do hate this movie. An ex anti-terrorist member is trying to expose a scam of faulty bulletproof jacket which resulted in the death of his partner and many of his squad members by killing 100's of police officers and terrorizing innocent civilians including a baby.... Oh and even after attempting to cold-bloodedly murder Arya's girlfriend, Arya still wants to help him because you know, underneath all that he is still a good person...:facepalm:
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manasaatchi illaama review pannaatheenga .. though the execution was not top notch, kaaviya thalaivan is a very laudable effort. I enjoyed the movie. Second half was very gripping. Acting was excellent. It does falter as a period movie. But excels in parts. For a Tamil movie, it is a must watch.

the movie might seem to be "modern" for a period movie .. but some elderly people are over influenced by the "kaanatha kaanagatheyy" stereotypes .. this is a fiction .. nothing to do with real life figures, though there might be some inspirations .. casting is good .. music is good.. bgm was unnoticed - blend well with the scenes .. for the first time ever, ARR has helped a movie that otherwise could have gone unnoticed..

must appreciate siddarth for pulling through such a project.. Prithviraaj and Nasser were excellent .. vasantha balan is trying .. this is much better than Aravaan, which was over amateurish .. we have to encourage such directors .. not everyone is well read and researched like Kamal .. i guess vasantha balan lacks the literary and technical support in his circle .. athellaam irunthuchunaa, he will do much better ..

"sudraa drohi .. sudraa drohi .. " was a brilliant scene.. the climax scene between siddarth and prithvi was also good.. the end was unconvincing ..
    Last edited by Anban; 9th December 2014 at 09:25 AM.
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 Anban, with such a backdrops and a predictable story line what vasantha balan succeeded was no irritating presentation throughout, IMO (say a irritating experiment like Irandam ulagam) There are lot of could have been better scenes though

He didn't achieved to translate on screen to audience that how prestigious the ராஜாபாட் was for drama artists, the emotion is missed, i understand that he tried to avoid lengthy drama scenes, at the least he should have kept one full drama scene in the starting, Alli arjuna song was tailor made for that... the song explains a story, disappointed that he didn't used that song fully, mostly the "completeness" and "clarity" is missing in many scenes other wise a pleasant watch thoroughly

ARR Prthviraj

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched KT and liked it..
    not an AhA OhO stuff... aarppaattam illaama fluenta irundhadhu...
    I expected more drama as well and as siva said the alli arjuna shd have been dealt as a drama completely..
    the yarumilla song was a bit misplaced, could have been placed some 10 mins after.. after when vadivu unites with kaali.. perhaps the VB knows what he was doing..
    did not concentrate entirely on the BGM.. but could notice some nice cues... I liked the way that it was not overpowering the scenes..
    a win for VB maybe.. not sure how the movie will fare financially... flop to below average I suppose..
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    btw, who the accident aana ambassador mouth keroine..?
    even VB could not tolerate her and killed her halfway..
    Sach is Life..