Page 216 of 217 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2161

Thread: Pepsi Indian Premier League - Season 6

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fortune Teller told me Mamma's position is pretty strong. Next post some temple trustee in outskirts of singar shennai.

aadiya aatam enna, pesiya vaarthai enna, thediya selvamenna, thirandathor sutramenna Srini Mamma??

Srinivasan likely to step down as BCCI chief today: sources

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/sr...-lateststories

New Delhi: N Srinivasan in all likelihood will step down as the president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in today's emergency meeting, according to sources. After Rajeev Shukla quit as the chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL) yesterday, Mr Srinivasan is reportedly left with little choice but to step down in the wake of the crisis that has engulfed Indian cricket with allegations of spot-fixing and betting in this year's edition IPL, which ended last Sunday.

However, the BCCI chief, an elected functionary, has some demands of his own, sources said. He reportedly wants an assurance that he will be reinstated as the board's president once his name is cleared in the ongoing controversy. Till that time, Mr Srinivasan reportedly wants a "credible face" to replace him as the interim president. Shashank Manohar, his predecessor as BCCI boss, is reportedly the frontrunner to take charge should Mr Srinivasan quit. BCCI vice-president Niranjan Shah is also a candidate for the president's post, according to sources. (Read: Full coverage)

Mr Srinivasan also reportedly wants a re-election to fill the two posts made vacant on Friday when Ajay Shirke resigned as Treasurer and Sanjay Jagdale quit as secretary of the board to pressure the president. Sources say that he doesn't want those who resigned as office-bearers to return to the BCCI fold. Mr Srinivasan also reportedly wants to continue as a member of the International Cricket Council (ICC). According to sources, some BCCI members are opposed to that.
    Sources say Arun Jaitley, Anurag Thakur, former BCCI chief Jagmohan Dalmiya, Anil Kumble, Niranjan Shah, and Rajeev Shukla will be a part of today's meeting. Mr Jagdale and Mr Shirke were also invited to today's meeting as special invitees. Mr Jagdale, however, has refused to attend.

"I don't want to go. There are many accomplished persons on the board who can deal with the crisis and take Indian cricket to new heights," he said today.

Mr Jagdale and Mr Shirke resigned on Friday, a few hours after Mumbai Police sources said that Mr Srinivasan's son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan was warned by the ICC about the 'company' he was keeping. (Read)

Mr Meiyappan was the Team Principal of the Chennai Super Kings, which made him a crucial member of the franchise's management. He was arrested on May 24 on charges of gambling, cheating, and conspiracy.

Mr Srinivasan has said that if his son-in-law was placing bets, he was not aware of this.

The working committee does not have voting rights to remove Mr Srinivasan. For that to happen, a Special General Meeting of the full board will have to be convened, and three-fourths of the entire board of 30 will have to vote against him.

But that may be unnecessary - with the high-decibel campaign for his removal now peaking, the chief may have no option but to resign.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 2nd June 2013 at 10:59 AM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my Mamma's Reverse Sweep - Blood Bloodu DNA !!

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/...-lateststories

Dlamiya-ke - dal me kuch kala hai

as expected the one corrupt hog replacing another till the other makes it to next election in september (3 months)
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Dilbert; 3rd June 2013 at 10:12 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Friend's FB:
    சீனிவாசனை ஃபெவிகால் தனது ப்ராண்ட் அம்பாஸட்டராக நியமித்துள்ளது # நடந்தாலும் நடக்கும்...
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    MS Dhoni is not a shareholder of the company, clarifies Rhiti Sports

New Delhi: After a report in the Economic Times that said Team India captain MS Dhoni owns a 5 per cent stake in a sports marketing firm - Rhiti Sports - that manages him and four other current cricketers, the firm issued a statement on Monday in which it denied Dhoni is a shareholder of the company.
    Rhiti said Dhoni has no shares as on April 26. It said it did transfer 1.5 lakh shares on March 22 (tirunelveli halwa) , but that was only to secure an outstanding amount it owed to the cricketer. Papers with CNN-IBN confirm the share allotment was done on March 22.
    It further said it cleared the payment in April 2013 following which the shares were transferred back to the company.

If Dhoni does hold a stake in the company, it puts him in a conflicting position during team selection meetings, where he is expected to share opinions on performances and strategy.
    Another conflict of interest rising on his captaincy of the IPL team Chennai Super Kings is that Rhiti Sports markets CSK, which is why perhaps Dhoni has remained silent on the alleged spot-fixing and betting charges against arrested team principal Meiyappan.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that RR's owner has confessed that he did involve in betting, where is all the intensity gone from the media ?
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was not a single debate about this in any national channel. Arnab was discussing something about Rajnath Singh. RR players have been caught spot fixing and owner for betting. Not a single noise. Shameless idiots.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    There was not a single debate about this in any national channel. Arnab was discussing something about Rajnath Singh. RR players have been caught spot fixing and owner for betting. Not a single noise. Shameless idiots.

Ajay Now that the farmer is here , sprouts will follow soon.

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/...?pform=related

Atleast give him some credit , he was man enough in admitting his wrong doing and He also accepted he was Part Owner . Unlike some low lives, Kamnattis who have audacity to show us middle finger after screwing cricket fans over (*exclude the ones sitting on moral horse on St. thomas Mountain).
    Last edited by Dilbert; 11th June 2013 at 07:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ban tainted teams for 5 years or Ban the whole damn tournament.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Atleast give him some credit , he was man enough in admitting his wrong doing and He also accepted he was Part Owner . Unlike some low lives, Kamnattis who have audacity to show us middle finger after screwing cricket fans over (*exclude the ones sitting on moral horse on St. thomas Mountain).
    in whose dream???
    Sach is Life..