Page 112 of 401 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Concert was overall good ( and happy to meet kamesh , rajasaranam ) .. but sometimes the sound volume and tempo was not good consistently - still its a small dent in otherwise exciting program .. Its in the final 6 songs , that it was consistent and i enjoyed them completly ..

MOre importantly , had the opportunity to say a Hi to my man KR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum - Super posts on the concert experience I sincerely hope they release a DVD.

Wizzy - Thanks for your post about the concert and sharing IR's speech.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    I am convinced that Karthik is special for IR as much as he is special to me!

Plum, KR is spl for me too just because he is the only MD showcased different style when IR and ARR were showing their styles. World will understand KR once point of time, let's wait until that. Since the thread is ant IR, I m closing this conversation
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, at last I read all your post and visualised the concert. Your post gave me some thembu as I was down on Sunday and I m not in chennai and keep on reeling my friends in office that today missing the show. Great write ups.
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wizzy, Thanks for your detail post on the concert. I could really feel I was there. Can't wait listen to the links you posted.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    DhanyanaanEn wizzy! Totally enjoyed and laughed all the way. Thanks a lot for taking time and sharing this. He took the show on his own for more than 1/2 hour providing enlightening views and experience combined with his hilarious touches. Really loved the fugue explanation and how he relates to day-to-day activities. That raagam explanation was too good. Fascinating mind indeed! Thank you very much sir!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mumbairamki, so you were there? Am I right in assuming you were the one who shouted "We love you Karthik" ?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, thanks much for writing about your experience. Pleasure reading them.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Karthikeyan Nuggets
    ===============

1. As I explained, it was Karthik who represented the crowd and urged Raja to explain the process, which is what led to the fascinating peek into the genius's mind. Karthik asked exactly the questions I had in my mind. Telpathy, telepathy!!

2. "We love you Karthik" shouted a smart alec after IR wound up his explanation. And he has my full approval for it, although KV pointed that I had competition now. I half-suspect that the gentleman in question was none other than our mumbairamki, which hopefully means there is no new competition among my Karthik fan club, consisting of 2 members in the world - MR and myself.

3. The Bach record that Raja bought, Raja said, is what used to be played to months old Karthik as thirupalli ezhuchi and as thaalaattu. In my paravasam, I dont remember the exact words, but a lengthy praise of his elder son followed with "That is why he is an unique musician, is Karthik. There is no one like him". : paravasam : , : pulagaangidham :, :sAndrOn ena kEtta thaai:

4. Yuvan was teased during the Thiagarajar story, Bhavadha got a nice reprimand for the choice of songs to be sung under the gaze of Thiagaraja and Bach but HIS voice when talking about Karthikeyan..........:wavecollar:.....it was abundantly clear that the elder-born was the favourite son, and that our Genius considers Karthikeyan as a worthy musician more than any of his other children(admittedly not a tough choice). But it means a lot to me - I am convinced that Karthik is special for IR as much as he is special to me - and not just because karthik is his son. It is clear he doesnt reserve the same level of admiration and respect for his other children. It is more of love, kaNdippu and lording over them as a loving but unbiased father who is not going to give them anything more than what is due to them as credit. With Karthik, whether it is just his fatherly love or not we dont know, but there is a special respect in his tone when he talks about Karthik. As a Karthikeyan fan, this is an Oscar and Grammy combined for my idol. Karthikeya, unakku vAzhkkaila vERa praise thEvai illaidA. nee sAdhichuttadA chellam, idhu pOdhumdA!
    Very important matter onnu marandhutteengalae. Ilaiyaraaja said, "Even I cannot do some of the stuff he (Karthik Raaja) does". And I guess, he meant it.

And 36 voiceless Dum Dum Dum BGM clips for KR fans http://www.backgroundscore.com/2012/...und-score.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wizzy for the speech audio!

interesting!

vinatha