View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 122 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aadarssh View Post
    Instruments overpowered vocals in all songs. I am not thrilled or excited. Pithamagan, Naan Kadavul and event ASK are outstanding compared to NEPV.
    Are u joking?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    I dont consider music director(s) MD as a benchmark, I consider songs as a benchmark and because a MD = A has delivered more hits compared to the other MDs = B, C, D, etc. then its automatic that B, C, D, etc. will be ignored! Unfair

A hit song is one which spreads like a virus and can be considered opium for the masses. Now we all have our different viewpoints and my definition of a hit song is something that gets all my senses engaged.

I think it is foolish to be biased to a specific MD because of their past hits. An unknown composer will only release a single in his lifetime and go in hibernation and if this song becomes a hit then it is the song that becomes the benchmark not the composer. Mediocre MDs will occasionally release that one life changing song but because their other material is usually lost somewhere in the ditches, the biased aficionado wont give the mediocre MDs song a chance! Unfair
    Word of mouth is the only hope mediocre MDs have but sometimes its too late as fanboys will start slating, meaning not having constructive criticisms but going on foul digressions.

To sum it up, MDs should not be considered Gold or Iron... it is songs that should be considered Gold or Iron.

Before coming to my take on NEPV, I would like to express where I stand with Isaignani. He has a Gold status because of his songs/hits but to be biased towards him is turning you to naivety. Open your ears and Im not asking you let go of your favourite MD but there is beautiful songs pouring from every direction and because of ignorance certain gems are washed to the side.

For e.g. Ismail Darbar has landed in a blunder but most of his songs are very memorable even today therefore his songs are Gold and not him. Dont judge a MD, judge their music... Thats all Im saying!!!

First impressions of NEPV based on ignoring Raaja Saabs and GVMs previous material.

Vaanam Mella wont even let me move an inch to the other songs, so is this Gold and the rest of the songs, Iron? When I heard this song, I was getting thoughts like no other song can beat this number in the album. After regaining consciousness, being calm and composed I moved to the next numbers.

I heard the album once and Vaanam Mella ascended the most. Thoughts on other songs at that time were:

Kaatrai Konjam 2nd interlude is the sole highlight of the song.
    Yennodu Vaa Vaa Song belongs to karthik IMO. Charanams have a gargantuan soothing impact. The shift between the 2nd interlude and 2nd charanam is a rollercoaster ride from the world of electronic rock to the orchestral world.
    Sattru Munbu Couldnt get to grips with this on first hearing but deep down felt theres a dark horse nature in this song. The Anglo-Indian Voice modulation is something Im a sucker of off late.
    Mudhal Murai Was too dense for me to digest. Overshadowing orchestration!
    Pudikale Maamu The already familiar interlude made me jump up with joy hehe Excluding the tipsy voice(s), the rest of the song had nothing going for it. Raaja Saab wouldve been apt from this song!
    Pengal Yendral Seems like another dark horse. The part where Yuvan sings Madhi ketta yen niram, manam nondha sonnadho. Mara nathai pol indhu, pen ival indrudhu. Completely melted my heart. (Sorry for the typo)
    Saayndhu Saayndhu Thought this will be favourite song but as always expectations create disappointments. Underwhelming on first hearing!

If this was Raaja Saabs debut and ignoring slow poison notion, its best to say its a mixed bag but because we have warmed up to Raaja Saab over the decades then Ill also express my feelings as fanboy too.

There have been numerous teen/college flicks that we have grown up watching and listening too. What makes this different? Orchestration! We should consider ourselves very fortunate that Raaja Saab has gone full on with a grand orchestration for repeatedly tested script formula of college romance. Is it a life changing album for me? Yes, yes and yes!

2nd hearing is more than a punch in the face. Mudhal Murai becomes the most hummable song, followed by Saayndhu Saayndhu which is overwhelming with equally overwhelming interludes. The other songs engulf you; drench you with love and leaving you soaking on end. Raja turns the game around and delivers a complete rock ballad with Pengal yendral, which is unlike anything to come out of his repertoire. But I feel I still havent warmed up to Pudikale Maamu.

Theres nostalgia and theres moderness too... The orchestral highs are enough to change sound of TFM.

After all, even Google translator accepts that Isaignani translates to Ilaiyaraaja and not A man with great knowledge in music because Ilaiyaraaja is an individual that is greater than a man with a great knowledge in music.

Happy listening
    Thanks for your honest review. As u said that the second hearing was a punch, i wonder waht will be like when u hear it for 50th time ( i am sure u will hear). I feel this is one of those album where all the songs are equal and mesmerizing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    I see My Dear Maarthaandan raaja in Pudikkala maamu song. Dont miss it
    I really like "pudikkale mamu"

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome Flipkart delivery and received my CDs just now and listening

CD has awesome quality :superb:

app_engine wov probably this album in Akni Natchathram range
    I totally agree.... This is agni natchathiram 2.0

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    senthilv.com nice review

well said. but raja 2.0 or 1.1 or even 1.01 is enough to enjoy,

Thanks San_K. I agree. All versions of Raja are likeable.

Also on second thought, I think directors may be have to just ask him to do something different to tap into Raja's vast musical resource.
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has the Telugu version released yet? Who is singing the Yuvan songs? In that case I will purchase those tracks instead

Post Thanks / Like
    pengal endra in telugu - yuvan.
    sainthu sainthu - shaan

Post Thanks / Like
    Please guys: don't review this album and show our inadequacies and satisfy our egos!!

Seamless and timeless. He has given the music for next 20 years in this album and I want no more. God bless Maestro. Gautam was spot on, when he said that this album and music belongs to new genre.....well lets stop here and enjoy this gem of an album, which would take at least 20 years to get the intricacies properly fathomed!.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was so wrong!!!!

Guess jumped the guns after hearing the inadequate internet audio files. Hearing it in CD justifies everything.

IR is beyond reach of any musician. Even after scoring over 900 films, still he is fresh. Songs are just great and keeps growing onto you.

As some other user said, saindhu has been corrected by Yuvan. Looks like user feedback over internet is being read and positively taken by GVM/IR.

Vaanam mella tops the chart for me.

-------Hats off to you IR sir!! for producing such a memorable album ---------
    Last edited by dochu; 2nd September 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dochu View Post
    I was so wrong!!!!

Guess jumped the guns after hearing the inadequate internet audio files. Hearing it in CD justifies everything.

IR is beyond reach of any musician. Even after scoring over 900 films, still he is fresh. Songs are just great and keeps growing onto you.

As some other user said, saindhu has been corrected by Yuvan. Looks like user feedback over internet is being read and positively taken by GVM/IR.

Vaanam mella tops the chart for me.

-------Hats off to you IR sir!! for producing such a memorable album ---------

Saindhu saindhu was not fully mixed when they released the teaser. What we hear now might not be newly recorded voice but just the final mix. (Audio engineers can do wonders!)
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH