Thread: ARR and Selection of Singers..

Hybrid View

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

NOthing about guts

Hello Maddy,
    I feel there is nothing about Guts in this issue.If Arr is a new Musician and if he tried then we can say that as guts, but when he was new he never tried anything like this. He used SPB for most of the difficult song and his choice of new singers were meant only for Pirabhu Deva.
    But this trend is most visible in the last 6 or 7 years
    eg. Muthu, Kulivalile-- The song is very good for hearing but never ever matches Rajini, and it look so odd when seeing the movie, and it cleary shows that Thalaivar just moving his lips and not singing. For a new Face i agree with this experiment but for an established Legend like Rajini or Kamal it really sounds horrible when seeing the movie. ( i agree that songs sound great when listening).

The song should depend on the movie and Actors who act in that movie and not the contrary, but with ARR i found that he is more interested in making the song a hit (for he have a share in the audio cassete sale) Rather than how it implies to the actor or actress who sing that in movie. And this is one of the reason why his bgm are not spoken so widely as with IR, and my impression is , he dont give importance to BGM or actor but just ask the situation and creates song which he feel sound good.

Singers like SPB Malaysia Vasudevan Jesudass had special talent in changing the way they sing to different actors, for you find SPB singing to rajini and SPB singing to T.Rajendar are completely different and you wonder how in the world he has able to do that, and that is the secret. But new singers dont have the same adaptability and that is why so many songs when listened sound great and when seen in the film dont give a realistic effect that the song is sung by the actors of the film, which eventually destroys the reality of the movie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement