Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~ Gadgets - Performance, Looks, Apps, Hottest Models ~~

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phew - Finally got my phone to flash with Eclair version, i thought i had lost my phone, atleast got that back.. Enna Icecream Sandwich kku aasapattu now back all the way to Eclair wud try to get a good version of Gingerbread installed now....
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber hamid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by directhit View Post
    you can install custom ROMs - ie user created versions. You might find better packages done by ppl than the samsung version, they would remove the apps which are custom built and bring additional apps as a package. Also they would have the Kernel built differently to handle memory etc faster and so on.. idhellam install panna you need to root your phone. But be prepared to lose your phone as well in the process! all those process are usually risky and you might end up spoiling ur phone for ever....
    Thanks DH.. will try that.. thats okay.. will get a new one if that happends

this is with Gingerbread update?!?! Neo V is in Gingerbread, i still cant read tamil aache
    Yep.. dont know how.. was sweetly surprised.. It had Hindi support before.. now just tried and was surprised to see google tamil first(valai, seythikaL etc) then checked other sites and found them to be working as well..

pesama intha phoneaiye eduthukkalaamannum paarkuren
    Come back strong.. Come back soon..

Post Thanks / Like
    Phew - Finally got my phone to flash with Eclair version, i thought i had lost my phone, atleast got that back.. Enna Icecream Sandwich kku aasapattu now back all the way to Eclair wud try to get a good version of Gingerbread installed now....
    update pannittu check panni paarunga.. maybe you will get Tamil support too..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamid View Post
    Thanks DH.. will try that.. thats okay.. will get a new one if that happends
    usually Samsung and Android is quite ok, doesnt get bricked soon. I've formatted and reformatted my Galaxy S like 10-15 times so far. Give it a try - some ROMs usually are quite fast since they remove many useless apps from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by hamid View Post
    Yep.. dont know how.. was sweetly surprised.. It had Hindi support before.. now just tried and was surprised to see google tamil first(valai, seythikaL etc) then checked other sites and found them to be working as well..

pesama intha phoneaiye eduthukkalaamannum paarkuren
    Maybe works only in Samsung - would confirm with mine, Sony Neo V la work aagalai.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys have a query

i have Windows XP Professional service pack 2 pirated version...i want service pack 3..but i am not able to download because mine is a pirated version..so there is a patch to WGA..if i download that i am told that the windows validation will be passed and i can download/install windows service pack 3...

but i dunno what is this patch/crack for WGA?..idha download panni run panna edachu problem varuma?..i want service pack3..is there any other solutions for it?...
    pls reply ASAP..thank u
    Say My Name

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hamid and directhit, when u guys say tamil font working & not working, respectively, exactly what is working / not working?

Viewing tamil fonts in ANY browser is one thing

Viewing tamil in opera mini browser is another, this is verymuch possible in any non-roted phone

Viewing tamil within apps is another thing

Able to type in tamil is another thing but again this is mostly possible even in non-rooted phone, with apps like tamilvisai

(To view tamil fonts inside opera mini browser, type about:config in addressbar nd go to last option, "Use bitmaps for complex scripts" make it 'yes' and save. U shud be able to see tamil in mayyam thatstamil etc)

So exactly what is working?

Install dinamalar app, u can see tamil fonts without installin anything, but thats limited to pnly that app. It uses same method as opera mini. Some apps need fonts installed, for viewing...
    Last edited by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar; 21st January 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Hamid and directhot, when u guys say tamil font working & not working, respectively, exactly what is working / not working?

Viewing tamil fonts in ANY browser is one thing

Viewing tamil in oper browseris another, this is verymuch possible in any non-roted phone

Viewing tamil within apps is anotherthing

Able to type in tamil is another thing but again this is mostly possible even in non-rooted phone, with apps like tamilvisai

(To view tamil fonts inside opera mini browser, type about:config in addressbar nd go to last option, "Use bitmaps for complex scripts" make it 'yes' and save. U shud be able to see tamil in mayyam thatstamil etc)

Sakala,

I can view Tamil in the native browser.. I dont like Opera and dont use it.. Tamil is supported in all through the phone for me after Gingerbread update.
    I cant type in Tamil and havent installed Tamilvisai or anything yet.. but in Google Tamil search site, when I type in English it converts the same to Tamil as in browser in PC.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hamid, as i said before, some samsung models suppor tamil natively without installing anything, great, u r lucky!

Wrt generic android, viewing indic fonts inside native browser, feature s availble from 4.0 onwards
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Hamid, as i said before, some samsung models suppor tamil natively without installing anything, great, u r lucky!

Wrt generic android, viewing indic fonts inside native browser, feature s availble from 4.0 onwards
    Fine Sakala..Just to add the Tamil support was available only after the Gingerbread update.. Previously it wasnt available.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, just now checked - Gingerbread 2.3.6 onwards tamil unicode support is extended. so normal browser would support tamil font. Not sure if Facebook and Twitter also would show tamil fonts - Hamid, can you confirm that? typically it should since the firmware itself supports it.

And thats the reason it doesnt work for me in both my rooted and neo v versions - i am on Gingerbread 2.3.4! Now rooting to another ROM with 2.3.6 - i'd like to read tamil in twitter in particular... hope that works