Page 281 of 400 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    1988 ! the same year a big MONSTER came out from IR's : AGNI NATCHATHIRAM !
    However, no SPB there (Thankfully, no Mano , both duets went to KJY and the solo had rAjAthi rAjan)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah... no Mano in ManiR film appadinnudhaan, pinnaaley
    idhayaththai thirudaadhey full album Mano kku IR koduththuttaru pola

Rahman vandhu thiruda thiruda le super duper piano, chorus, flute, violin orchestral marvel PUTHTHAM PUDHU BOOMI.... koduththittar.... Sema paattu idhu!
    ARR with Mano's
    Thiruda thiruda blows my mind every time

Mano - Ilayaraja's chellam, Rahman's guest star , He is fine.
    Last edited by baroque; 21st January 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    baroque,
    'puththam puthu bhoomi' is my all-time-fav (both for the lines & music, I've posted in jai's 1000 song thread that this is my #1 for kavidhai).

I think ARR had done manipulation of Mano voice there ...for long I believed it had SPB

BTW, I'm not "against" Mano but simply feel he got too many songs from IR in the late-80's, disproportionate to his capabilities.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is another "never heard before" number called dheepangaLE oLi thoovungaLE from dhooraththuppachchai in year 1987...and so can't make it to our compilation.

So is this number thEnE senthEnE from uLLam kavarndha kaLvan, a Vijayakanth movie...the song is a sweetie, though
    Last edited by app_engine; 21st January 2012 at 01:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bala's notable MEDHUVAA MEDHUVAA KAADHAL PATTU....&

SELAI KATTUM PENNUKKORU... this year 1988 seems.

Vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 21st January 2012 at 01:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, that makes the year 1987 complete (in my reckoning, we can always revisit as this is not the end-of-the-world )

So, time for the compilation of links and do the EOY formality for 1987!

Post Thanks / Like
    #265 தென்மதுரை வைகை நதி
    அது பாடும் தமிழ்ப்பாட்டு
    (தர்மத்தின் தலைவன், 1988 , சுசீலா & மலேசியா வாசுதேவனுடன்)

Poet Bharathi wrote :

"சென்றிடுவீர் எட்டுத்திக்கும், கலைச்செல்வங்கள் யாவும் கொணர்ந்திங்குச்சேர்ப்பீர்"

Whether all TN-ers took this seriously and went in all 8 directions or not , there is one group that took this as dheiva vAkku. The direction that this group started towards was north-west and the destination is currently well-known worldwide as "bollywood" (Well, I can hear someone yelling, "hEy, we know here as hubbers that TFMD's have gone in more than 8 directions to fetch their 'kalaichchelvangaL' " )

'kasmE vAdhE' happened to be one of those kalaichchelvams that SPM & Co. brought to TN and it got popularized by "localizing" using Rajinikanth / Prabhu / Hasini / rAsA & SPB! (Did I forget Kushbu? Well, this was probably her first TF & in this Prabhu appreciates her kannams...while she went on to become so popular among TN-ers that they even built a kOyil to worship her, her kannams too had their admiration by the sAppAttu rAmans of TN who named a sponge-like-idli after them )

sari, namma matterukku varuvOm...

This fantastic song that showcases a 'thiruneer / kadhar vEshti thuNdu / maRadhi' Rajinikanth surprising his household with 'full suit', has three singers. However, IMHO, it is a "duet" between SPB & bass guitar! One can listen to their association any number of times on repeat mode! Ofcourse, there is additional bonus of listening to sweet piano, sax, violin portions. Personally, I love the visuals very much too and it got featured in the 'appreciating picturization' thread (but I know there are hubbers who'll run away the very moment they hear the word hAsini). Poor MV & PS got to sing only in the end pallavi which is an unusual feature of this song. Two top-class singers for just one line in a song, only richie-rich producers can afford!

Needless to say this song was a patti-thotti hit and is popular till today. I don't think there had been any time period -since its arrival - that I didn't have a copy of this number! Evergreen and almost always among my collections / current playlists!

By this time, I worked my way out of testing shop / production shop level tasks and was into product development. Which meant frequent travels to Bangalore where the top-R&D-brains were sitting. Stay was sometimes in the Indiranagar company guest house and when no-room-available, Rubin house During one such stay, me & friend watched dharmaththin thalaivan in a theater near Shivajinagar bus stand (looks like they don't like to end names of places with consonants in KannadA - what we call Shivajinagar is "Shivaji nagarA" in Kannadam...sorry kannadA...and so it goes for all "puram"s that are called "purA"s )

Well, when the drinking Rajini appeared on screen, there was such a roaring response from front benchers - throwing coins and what not! I haven't seen such a scene in theater even for MGR movies in TN and was surprised / shocked!
    Last edited by app_engine; 21st January 2012 at 04:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the movie-DVD during 90s in USA.

absent minded , innocent professor ரஜினி is such a delight
    , once he died , i kind of lost interest in the movie.

but composition is popular in buses, kadaigal etc..

such a beautiful composition from இளையராஜா , by the time

நெஞ்சில் என்னை நாளும் வைத்து
    கொஞ்சும் வண்ண தோகை ஒன்று
    மஞ்சள் மாலை மேளம் யாவும்
    கண்ணில் காணும் காலம் உண்டு
    பூவை சூடி பொட்டும் வைக்க மாமன் உண்டு மானே மானே
    உள்ளம் தன்னை கொள்ளை கொண்ட கள்வன் இங்கு நானே நானே ... comes my mood fly high then & now .

mmm...good old days, songs like this make you smile whole day

உள்ளம் கவர் கள்வர்கள் indeed!

Evergreen composition from IR.

தர்மத்தின் தலைவன், கிழக்கு வாசல் & சத்ரியன்
    What a combo from Oriental records!

Vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 21st January 2012 at 05:06 AM.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is a "duet" between SPB & bass guitar!
    Righly said. The bass strings are noteworthy in this song. But for them, the orchestration is kind of subdued, probably not to ovrshadow the lead melody. The picturisation of course played a key role to make it a patti-thotti hit..