Thread: Melbourne and surrounds

Hybrid View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A) For those who like history
    i) Melbourne Museum – discover Australian history and the rest. Tickets cost ~$10 (adults). See Australia's champion horse Phar Lap, the kitchen set from the hit TV soap Neighbours and learn about local Aboriginal history and culture. Trek through a towering indoor rainforest. Meet live creepy crawlies like tarantulas in the Bugs Alive exhibition. And explore evolution from Darwin to DNA in a showcase that features five life-size dinosaur skeletons. There is a beautiful Carlton Gardens for you to walk around or have a picnic when the weather permits. I used to do that during lunch break when our office was just across the gardens! You can join a free guided tour which will take about 45 mins.

ii) Royal Exhibition Centre – is a world heritage building and is just within 2 mins of the museum. There is a free tour at 2pm daily.

iii) Melbourne Gaol – this is the old Melbourne prison which is about 10 mins from the Museum. This is where the famous (or infamous) criminal Ned Kelly was hanged.

iv) Immigration museum – showcases all things from first migrants etc.

v) Visit Ballarat (approx. 1.5 hrs away) – this was the Gold mining town. You can get to see the old mine and walk around the settlers villages. Nice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement