Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Threaded View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #242 தென்றல் வரும் என்னை அணைக்க
    (பாரு பாரு பட்டணம் பாரு, 1986 , ஜானகியுடன்)

This was the other song from the same movie that I had in that disk (mentioned in my last post). SPB sounds different in this too but this one is a much more acceptable song (sweet melody & the queen in decent form). rAsA had used veeNai freely. And with his chords, drums and flute this song is quite pleasing to the ears. Unlike 'yAr thoorigai', I don't remember hearing this song ever - i.e. prior to this "history-unknown-CD". One of the reasons could be my progressively-less-time-spent-inside TN. Another could be that the songs of PPPP weren't that popular among the masses (and happened to be in a flop movie).

However, the song has presence with above-average viewings for rAsA songs of unknown movies. Interesting to see that the heroine was the same girl who called Mohanlal as 'kazhudha' in that super-duper-mega-hit Chithram Since she was introduced only the prior year as a "side actress" by BR (andha nilAvaththAn nAn kaiyila pudichchEn), it's possible this was her first as heroine. After all, she did another "2nd-heroine" role with BR in another movie this year also. (podi nadaiyA pORavarE, poRuththirunga nAnum vArEn).

Her wikipedia page doesn't mention anything about her first movie as heroine. It has some other interesting info, however - that she was Singapore born and a lawyer by education prior to acting. In any case, though she hasn't done much in TF other than the two roles she did in MM & KK, she had earned a permanent place among MF lovers thanks to the phenomenal success of chithram.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement