Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: sumeet mixie

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

glkr (@ pxyu*) on: Fri Nov 7 14:38:00 EST 2003

We bought Sumeet mixie 4 years back from Indiaplaza.com website for 199 dollars. We always had trouble with it and never liked it. It gets tripped very fast even for small things. We cursed ourselves many times for buying it. Now all the jars are kind of broken, but we are still using it occasionally. I am planning to buy another mixie now. Is preeti really good one? I am looking for more reviews before I buy it..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Andal Balu (@ m018*) on: Mon Nov 17 18:45:42

Hi friends,

If you need any repair for Sumeet mixies, you can contact Inno Concepts, Inc. at 770-594-1815 or order spare parts from their website www.innoconcepts.com

Post Thanks / Like

saikrishna (@ 170.*) on: Wed Nov 19 14:09:36 EST 2003

Hi All
    Sreelatha,
    Buying a sumeet here in US would be a good idea if ur not making a trip to india in near future. If u plan on going to India or if someone can carry it for u it would cost cheaper in india if you look at the dollor & rupee conversion. Otherwise anywhere is fine. You have the sumeet service center in Canada if you don't trust the local indian shops in fixing any problems.
    When it comes to deciding between Sumeet or anyother brand its solly a personal openion. When I saw some of the responses, i noticed that there are people who had real bad experiances with Sumeet. I am really sorry for them. But my experience with Sumeet so far is great and people around me also had great experiences with it and are still using it. I never consulted a forum before but I did take others openion before I bought i.e. openion of my close friends and cousins who are using it. My friend has been using it in US from past 4yrs and never complained about sumeet. My cousin who recently got married bought one from india and she doesn't have any complains. Of all my mother and aunts who have been using it from 10 to 15yrs don't have complains. Back then I guess this was the only brand existing and there was no choice to confuse them to make up their minds . After talking to all these people I decided to buy Sumeet and I am using it without any problem. I bought it online from http://www.indiaplaza.com. I bought it for 170$ and with 7yr waranty. it came with 3 jars and it was a good deal. As of now its just me and my husband so three jar just works perfect for us and since we both work i use the grinder moderately and don't feel the necessity for 5 jar. may be i will think of buying a wet grinder once my family starts growing.

Post Thanks / Like

Philly dude (@ pool*) on: Fri Nov 21 20:56:07 EST 2003

hello saikrishna, How can use a mixie bought in India, here? what about the voltage and the power cord (plug)?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanya (@ grou*) on: Fri Nov 28 14:36:07 EST 2003

u will have to buy an adaptor which steps down/up the voltage correctly.u can get it in major cities.don't know the details though.

My mother(in India) bought a sumeet mixi and ever since had complaints with it.finally the motor was spoiled and within one year we had to throw it away.the dealers were indifferent.we will never buy summet again.several of our friends and relatives both in Usa and India have had problems with sumeet.
    we lost trust in it.now our mixi is premiere.so far it is good.

Post Thanks / Like

:) (@ d150*) on: Sun Nov 30 11:00:11 EST 2003

thanya, comeon!!!! do you think we are all from planet mars and don't know about the way sumeet works in India. People have been using sumeet for decades with no problem with the motor. Now you come up with this story about the motor getting spoilt, for you and you family members, friends,etc. Cock and bull story!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanya (@ grou*) on: Mon Dec 1 15:52:13 EST 2003

You can also get adaptor from Radioshacks..it is a chain store...but make sure it is of correct wattage.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanya (@ grou*) on: Mon Dec 1 15:53:57 EST 2003

just go to www.radioshack.com and in the search type in transformer.u will get details

Post Thanks / Like

Geeta (@ adsl*) on: Tue Dec 9 16:01:24 EST 2003

Hello,
    Sumeet is available in Chicago-Devon Street or in New york/Newjersey. I bought one couple yrs back in Hyderabad, and I got the motor changed to the US volatage, I just have to use a plug converter. So far its working fine. I know the US compatible versions are also available in India, as last time I went, I could get Ultra wetgrinder that is made for the US use. But it proved cheaper for me to get the motor changed. I do not know if the sumeet customer service wud service my modified version. But I had no problems yet..touch wood!
    I get my spares from India..like the knob for speeds, the gaskets, etc.. So far, its working fine for me. If any problems, I know that Sumeet there is a Sumeet service centre here in New Jersey/Newyork. Also, I can find spares here in Chicago.
    I hope this helps.
    Geeta

Post Thanks / Like

Radha (@ ip68*) on: Wed Mar 3 14:15:30

Hi , Could someone tell where I can buy a Sumeet mixie in New Jersey. I live in Virginia and have heard people telling me that it is available in NJ. Any tips regarding area/shop would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
    Radha

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast