Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Hybrid View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #221 என்ன சத்தம் இந்த நேரம்
    (புன்னகை மன்னன், 1986 )

Perhaps the most heard song on headphone by me. The way in which the drum sounds alternate between ears is so enjoyable! And the wind instrument, AhA what a delicacy! Such a sweet melody in the honey-soaked SPB voice with pleasant chords and accompaniment, instantly throwing one in a night mood - especially the second interlude transports one to an EkAnthamAna malaipradEsam and twilight!

Since the song and SPB's greatness have been discussed umpteen times in the hub, let me jump into my indulgences with AthirampaLLi (the place where the scenes were supposedly shot for the movie). There are two waterfalls - AthirampaLLi & VazhachchAl not too far from each other and have a mountainous route from Valparai. However, the standard route is to take the NH from Palakkad and take the diversion to Athirampalli which is between Trichur & Chalakkudi. I visited the place in 1990 (i.e. 5 years after being in Palakkad, a shame) with house mates & friends, in a car full of KF kuppees and by the time we were in the falls, each one had an average of 2 X 650 ml on a hot summer day. (My indulgences with -OH, though limited, started back in 89, BTW).

I had showered in the main falls of KutrAlam in childhood but this one is quite different. The water in which you bathe / swim is "about to fall" and in case you're careless, you'll be falling with the water (Much like the Niagra falls where you can wet your feet about 100 meters prior to the huge fall of the water). It's not unusual for people to slip and get pulled into the current to fall down and die from time to time. So, we all became sober just by the thought of such a possibility and wetted ourselves responsibly and enjoyed the beautiful sight of the falls. (The next visit was with family).

Anyone who visits south India must visit AthirampaLLi falls! The 'enna saththam indha nEram' place

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement