Thread: New faces in TFM

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aalap Raju

For those wondering who the refreshing new voice behind the chartbusters, Ennamo Edho... from Ko and the title track in Engeyum Kadhal is, then it is time you got to know Aalap Raju, a singer and a leading bass guitar player in town.

The success story...

I began with playing bass for the song Vaarayo Vaarayo... in Aadhavan. I decided to record a voice demo with an English song and a few Tamil songs. That's when Harris sir was composing Ennamo Edho.... When I got a call from him, I was sure it was for playing bass. But when the manager clarified that it was for voice, I was both excited and nervous. Soon after, I got a call for Engeyum Kadhal and I was on cloud nine. After recording, he said, 'Stop playing bass. Just sing.'

The Harris magic...

Harris sir knows the pulse of his audience. He keeps his tunes simple so everyone can connect with them. He trusts his singers and tunes. Harris sir knows how to extract the best from his singers.

Overwhelming response...

Thanks to Harris sir, praises have been pouring in. There was one fan who wrote to me, "Twenty-four hours back, I didn't know who you were, but now, I'm a huge fan of yours." I will always be thankful to Harris sir for giving me this break.

Juggling act...

Playing the bass guitar is something that is closest to my heart. I will never give that up for anything. I have to practise both simultaneously.

Plans ahead...

Rahlaap, an album that Rahul Nambiar and I are working on, is set to release soon. I'm excited about that. I have sung two songs in that. I always look forward to performing live as there is nothing like the adrenaline rush that it gives you.

(TOI)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement