• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 161 of 347 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now listening to 'Deva Malligai Poove Poove'. It is Sunday afternoon and the perfect medicine to get out of the Sunday's inertia.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா's சங்கீதம் cds /collections not available at சங்கரா மியூசிக் ஹால் etc ....ஏதோ வழக்கு போட்டு வச்சுருக்காரு....கொஞ்சம் here & there albums கிடைச்சுண்டு இருந்தது. அதுவும் இப்போ போச்சு.

Akashvani சங்கீத் , க்ரியடேஸ்ட் jugalbandies to சலில் சௌத்ரி,khaiyyaam saab, மதன் மோகன்'s collections டு xyz etc... music cds available
    but.
    "இளையராஜா பாடல்கள்/cds இல்லைங்க... ஏதோ வழக்கு போட்டு வச்சுருக்காரு"

anyway... It is his affair...he knows to take care of it.

anyway mp3 collections like musical harmony -மயில் போல பொண்ணு ஒன்னு, இசைஞானி இளையராஜா தமிழ் பிலிம் ஹிட்ஸ் vol 1 -5 , பூவே செம்பூவே,oh ..வசந்த ராஜா ஏறக்...மாதிரி கெடைக்குது at different audio stores .
    வினதா.
    Last edited by baroque; 30th May 2011 at 12:10 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Here is the list for Raja fans if they haven't heard his Malayalam numbers. (Doesn't contain 'Olangal' and 'PMPNK' which my friend has heard.)
    Sureshs65 Thank you very much for this list, it's one thing to say Raja's work in Malayalam is exceptional, it's another to allow us to hear that it really is!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This lazy sunday is reserved for songs from "Singaravelan"

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.ph...R00598&lang=en

Post Thanks / Like
    For the faint-hearted, it might be advisable to listen to this song with eyes closed tight!

Acoustic drum delight at the end of the charanam leading to pallavi!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    irir123, Yes that acoustic drum was stunning! Beautiful song, but oh no I watched the video

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oru Iravu Oru Paravai - Vaa NaaLukku - Maestro Ilaiyaraaja - Dr. SPB

Want to enjoy and immerse in Raja's hard rock classic? Then you cannot miss this one. The rock guitar chords and acoustic drums in the prelude is pretty astonishing. Had a feeling like listening to Deep Purple's 'Smoke on the water'. Raja might have been inspired especially by the guitar from those 70's rock bands. The trumpet in the first interlude is first played in lower octaves and how it peaks up with claps followed by the guitar with phaser effects. Unbelievable! To ever thirsty fans, Maestro gives three charanams and interludes dominated with rock guitar riffs and trumpet. What a song!

Along with this energy if SPB is not there, then this song has not blossomed fully. This is where we miss SPB today. SPB at this best and the voice has matured fully just like the fully blossomed flower. Observe when he sings "NaaLukku Naal, Melukku Mel" at the end of the song and how his voice sounds baritone, immediately after few seconds how he goes to highest octaves and ends there beautifully. That is SPB.
    (Could not get good quality of this song, so checkout the youtube video)

Please check out other songs too, all by Dr SPB, amazing soundtrack. In loop

Post Thanks / Like
    V_S,

Wow. What a lovely, this song is. Raja in those days did a lot of work in this genre. I did a fairly lengthy blog post about the music of the movie 'Yugandhar', where 'naa paruvam' has drumming and interludes in the similar style. What energy by the orchestra. No wonder all the instrumentalists swear by Raja!!! As usual, while deriving from the rock genre, Raja creates his own genre. I mean, we can never mistake this for a rock song. It is Raja rock

Never heard this song earlier. Thanks for sharing this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Querida for the kind words.

Raja in Malayalam in the 90s and 2000s was no less melodious. Continuing a conversation with my friend I gave him a list of very selected melodies to listen to. Here is the list. There are many that I have not listed here (like Guru and YathraMozhi) It is a random list.

Lovely short song from Malayalam film, 'Friends'. Based on Kalyani. (Just listen at 'nin raagam sri ragam)

From the same film, a Jesudas classic (Only one para is here but check out how good it is!!!)

One more song from the same film:

From the film 'Manasinakkare', "melle onnu". A very touching melody.
    (An all time favourite song of mine.) (Nayantara looks so nice in this movie. Why did she become like what she is now?)

One more lovely song from the same movie. Excellent rhythm.

Since we were talking about 'ennai enna seyya pogirai', here is another 'Gambeera Naatai' song. Totally different tuning.

My favourite song in recent times. What a lovely melody. From the movie 'Bhagyadevatha'

And observe how in this song he gets in part of 'Sendhoorapoove's charanam. Genius.

From the movie, 'Katha Thudarunnu', this is the first song Hariharan has sung for Raja in Malayalam (Sound quality not very good)

The best song of 'Friends' (Malayalam). This is not available in youtube. But do check here. Can someone do such a melody song using synth? And this is based on Shanmukapriya. No one can even imagine Shanmukapriya like this. Chitra chechi sings this superbly.

http://www.muzigle.com/track/sivamallipoove

Wonderful solo by Chitra: http://www.muzigle.com/track/punnarapoovilum

Kadal Katrin Sujatha version. Superb. : http://www.muzigle.com/track/sivamal.../kadalkattil-1

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another set of great selections from MFM, Sureshji!

sivamallippoovE is my all-time-fav! This cassette was overused at the time of arrival (and I was in Palakkad then). Why didn't Raja retain this in the Thamizh version of the movie? Mystery

Compare Friends of M to Friends of T