Quote Originally Posted by viggop
It is the beginning of woes for the baby.

A baby needs both the father and mother and this has been established by scientific studies.
Single mother/Single fathers are not good for the overall development of the child.

Hope both of them throw away their big egos.Then,everything else will fall into place
viggop,

I fully agree with your post..That's why, I'm in a dilemma whether I should talk to her on this issue. On the other hand, I strictly have a boss-subordinate relationship with my team members and feel a bit delicate to discuss personal issues like this. I only give a shoulder to weep when they feel like but do not force my personal opinions on them.. I know for sure, it is not an easy task to raise a girl child being a single mother, that too, in a conservative city like Chennai.

NM - No way, I can talk to the girl's mother and all.. I think it would be best for both of them to visit a marriage counsellor.. but not sure if such people are easily available and approachable in Chennai..moreso, there is no use in only this girl going for counselling..it's the husband who needs to understand that married life is something that has to be jointly pulled by both of them...

Aravindhan - You are lucky. Love marriage has worked very well in my case also..but the truth is, not many couples fall in this category.

Niro - The case I quoted is only an example.. Have come across many such separations in my career so far...Pudhumai pengal???