View Poll Results: Is it Culture Or Religion

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religion

1 16.67%
  • Combination of various cultures

5 83.33%

Thread: HINDUSIM,IS IT A COMBINTION OF CULTURES, RELIGON OR SCIENCE?

Threaded View

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my view creator (GOD) created the whole universe From living things to and panja bootha's for survival (know one yet knows the reason behind

When the mind sees a creation then it creates a creator behind the creator, because Mind's nature is to "Create". The mind then puts the creator to be be bigger than the creation. Then out of fear, the mind then thinks that it should please the creator otherwise it will be punished. From that point on it creates a whole series of belief system. When two members in that lineage has difference of opinion then they create two different sections in that belief system. this is the trend we see in all religions.

We see this in Hinduism, where people argue about Shiva and Vishnu, who is greater. Well , without understanding that both Shiva and Vishnu symbolism are both the creation of the mind, there will be always arguements and wars on that. If one understands that Shiva and Vishnu are the various Cosmic laws (Dharma) on one's own self, the differences becomes mute.

I was invited to a college last week to talk to graduate students doing comparative world religions. My talk was on Hinduism. One of the question from a student was, what happens to me when I dont believe in Jesus is my savior. I answered it is only a belief and not a fact. In India a group tells me that If I dont believe in Krishna, then I be doomed. So says all religions. Now as a layman, I will be confused, which to believe?.

One thing is true is that from stand point of each religions, all of us are to be doomed. That is from Christian point of view, all Hindu's Buddhists, Jews, Muslims will be doomed. From Hindu point of view all christians, muslims, buddhists, jews will be doomed, if they dont believe in Krishna. From Muslim poinjt of views all others except they will be doomed. The same way each religious group thinks, except them all others will be doomed. In essence, everyone will be doomed.

Here in the forum hub we have friends who thinks if they dont believe in Shiva they will be doomed. The other one thinks if they dont believe in Vishnu they will be doomed.

The problem is that, the believers dont understand that belief is only a belief of the mind and not a Truth. My talk was then what is the difference between Truth and belief. How to know the Truth. The talk was based on Upanishads.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement