Thread: INTERVIEWS With TV Artists

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meena

You switched to TV because of fewer film commitments?

Even when I was busy doing films a few years ago, I got many offers to do serials. But I kept postponing them. Finally, I agreed to do Lakshmi as the story was good. Now I am doing another serial. I am happy dividing my time between TV and films.
    What about marriage?

Will let you know when it happens.
    After marriage will you continue to act?

I don’t like to plan things. So I have not thought about it. If interesting roles come my way, I will do them. Anyway, why talk about it now? Let marriage happen first.
    Do you think you have achieved enough?

I don’t know. Maybe if I sit and think about it, I could come up with an answer. Wherever I go people from different walks of life come to me and tell me many good things about my acting. This kind of encouragement keeps me going.
    How has your next film Mariyathai shaped up?

One will see a different Meena in the film. I must thank director Vikraman for giving me the role. It is a family-oriented film like Vanathai Pole and I am happy to do it.
    You must have done more than 150 films. Don’t you ever get tired of facing the camera?

Certainly not. I am doing some good roles now. I have worked in 200 films in the four South Indian languages and one Hindi film. Each day brings a new challenge.

You switched to TV because of fewer film commitments?

Even when I was busy doing films a few years ago, I got many offers to do serials. But I kept postponing them. Finally, I agreed to do Lakshmi as the story was good. Now I am doing another serial. I am happy dividing my time between TV and films.
    What about marriage?

Will let you know when it happens.
    After marriage will you continue to act?

I don’t like to plan things. So I have not thought about it. If interesting roles come my way, I will do them. Anyway, why talk about it now? Let marriage happen first.
    Do you think you have achieved enough?

I don’t know. Maybe if I sit and think about it, I could come up with an answer. Wherever I go people from different walks of life come to me and tell me many good things about my acting. This kind of encouragement keeps me going.
    How has your next film Mariyathai shaped up?

One will see a different Meena in the film. I must thank director Vikraman for giving me the role. It is a family-oriented film like Vanathai Pole and I am happy to do it.
    You must have done more than 150 films. Don’t you ever get tired of facing the camera?

Certainly not. I am doing some good roles now. I have worked in 200 films in the four South Indian languages and one Hindi film. Each day brings a new challenge.

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2009/04/03/s...0350401600.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement