Page 19 of 148 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PrabhuRam, one cud see that you are very committed to write something special on Nadigar Thilakam. Good start.

-deleted with warning-

Devar Magan is one of the best performances of the Acting University though he appears in instalments only & not being part of the story ! that’s his greatness. IMO, even there are scenes where he doesn’t talk anything but just by his looks & gestures scores over all !
    Only few guys like Kamal used SIvaji Sir well . IMO, his talent was totally wasted in the 70s & 80s & until his death. If only Kamal could have tried more themes with Sivaji, we could have witnessed more interesting movies of Sir. What a pity !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Ok will try and get back to the topic very soon.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR, I have lost count of the number of times I have felt this, but you are the best writer we have in the hub. Looking forward to the next part.

Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    P.S: I remember reading somewhere that Brando disassociated himself from the "getting into the skin of the character" thing. Correct me if i'm wrong. Shouldn't he be in the switch-off/switch-on category then? Also, i thought the dichotomy has been between method acting and spontaneous acting and though Brando belonged to the former school, he still dismissed the "getting into the skin" thing. I mean to say, is it more a question of "instinct" vs "method", than a question of "involvement" vs "detachment"? Appadi paatha Nadigar Thilagathaye namma method acting category la podalaamo?
    The instinct factor very well explains Brando's improvisation of Corleone character (the cat, the flower in his coat, ..). The differences in the two schools of acting not withstanding, there is an element common to both - character study. I think that's what finally leads to improvisation. Perhaps, NT belongs to that rare breed in Indian Cinema who did a study of his characters before venturing before the camera?
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Post Thanks / Like
    i was fascinated by the movies like padikkatha medhai where in nadigar thilagam will act like an innocent boy. His expressions of joy and anger and his display of loyalty to renga rao are something which canonly be enacted by him. The striking beauty of Nadigar thilagam is his eyes will tell stories and his face is so full of expressions that we are encoiled in to his acting.

Post Thanks / Like
    ore oru oorile song is a great song which showcases NT acting and lyrical beauty

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kannannn
    The instinct factor very well explains Brando's improvisation of Corleone character (the cat, the flower in his coat, ..). The differences in the two schools of acting not withstanding, there is an element common to both - character study. I think that's what finally leads to improvisation. Perhaps, NT belongs to that rare breed in Indian Cinema who did a study of his characters before venturing before the camera?
    As far as acting is concerned, our NT posses a very distinct & unique quality which I think nobody else has got.

The so called Method Actors stick on to their way of acting and actors who belong to other school portray the characters in the way they are trained to do, irrespective of the roles they play.

But, in the case of NT, he makes you believe that he is a method actor one time and an actor who acts in a totally different style another time. We can notice this factor even in separate scens of the same film also. This is my opinion.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Post Thanks / Like
    I am reminded of one information by eminent journalist Cho about a scene NT enacted in Thanga Pathakkam wherein his wife is no more and he expresses the emotions in a loud and apparent manner. when Cho queried NT abt this acting, NT took CHO aside to a room and showed him 10 types of portrayls which included some majestic underplay also. Cho was quite naturally stunned and asked NT why NT could not portray so gently. NT has replied that few people may like it but his rasigars want him to play the actual emotive person and he portray accordingly. This is one response to few to who allege that NT overacted.

I was myself amazed by his stylish walk in Yaar antha Nilavu song in Shanthi which is so fabulous.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear PR, Periya Devar பற்றிய உங்கள் ஆராய்ச்சி கலந்த கட்டுரை Super. வாழ்த்துக்கள். 2 நாட்களுக்கு முன்னால் Vasanathukku Vasanam thread-il நடந்த discussion ???? நினைவிருக்கிறதா ??

PD பற்றிய என் கேள்விக்கு நீங்கள் சரியான பதில் அளித்ததோடு மட்டுமல்லாமல் அந்தக் காட்சியில் PD பேசும் முழு வசனத்தையும எழுதியிருந்தீர்கள். இதுவே, அந்த கதாபாத்திரம் உங்களை எவ்வளவு ஈர்த்துள்ளது என்பதற்கு சான்று.

PD பற்றி எழுத வேண்டும் என்று ரொம்ப நாளாக நினைத்து வந்ததாக குறிப்பிட்டிருந்தீர்கள். அதற்கு இந்த VV சம்பவம ஒரு உந்து சக்தியாக அமைந்துவிட்டதல்லவா ?

என்ன சரிதானே

Jus kidding.

Pls continue your valuable contribution
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Post Thanks / Like
    பெரிய தேவர் -3

தேவர் மகன் கமல்ஹாசன் எழுதிய காட்ஃபாதர்.

நியூயார்க்கின் இத்தாலிய மாஃபியா குடும்பங்களில் ஒன்றான கொர்லியோன் குடும்பத்தின் தலைவன் விடோ கொர்ர்லியோன்.
    தன் தொழிலில் ஈடுபட்டிருக்கும் சான்டினோ , ஃப்ரெடோ என்ற தனது இரு மகன்களையும்விட தன் இளைய மகனான மைக்கேல் மீதே அவருக்கு நம்பிக்கை, பிரேமை. ஆனால் மைக்கேலோ எதிர் தரப்பு அடையாளங்களைத் தேடுகிறான். ராணுவத்தில் சேர்கிறேன், ப்ரோடஸ்டன்ட் பெண்ணைக் காதலிக்கிறான் (இத்தாலிய-அமெரிக்கர்கள் பெரும்பாலும் குடும்ப உறவுகளையும், கத்தோலிக்க மதத்தையும் பெரிதும் மதிப்பவர்கள்), குடும்பத் தொழிலிலிருந்து எவ்வளவு தூரம் செல்ல முடியுமோ செல்ல முயல்கிறான். சூழ்நிலைகளின் மாற்றங்கள் எவ்வாறு அவனை தன் இயல்பான அடையாளங்களிடம் கொண்டு போய் சேர்த்துவிடுகின்றன என்பதுதான் கதை. காட்ஃபாதர் என்ற பட்டம் மைக்கேலை(யும்) குறிக்கக்கூடும் சாத்தியங்களைப் படம் வளர வளர வலுப்படுத்துகிறது.

தேவர் மகன், இந்த எலும்புக்கூட்டை எடுத்துக்கொண்டு வரையப்பட்டது. தமிழ் சினிமா வரலாற்றில் மிகக் கச்சிதமாக ஏழுதப்பட்ட திரைக்கதைகளில் தேவர் மகன் முன்னணி வகிக்கிறது. நம் அடையாளங்களை நாம் மறுக்க முடியுமா ? கல்வி, அன்னிய (உயர் ?) கலாசார பரிச்சயத்தால் நம் சூழலிலிருந்து விடுவித்து கொள்ள முடியுமா ? இல்லை நம் கலாசார அடையாளங்களை, அவற்றின் அழுக்குகளோடு ஏற்றுக்கொண்டு உள்ளிருந்து மட்டுமே மாற்ற முயல முடியுமா ? கடைசியில், மிக முக்கியமாக: நமது அடையாளங்கள் நமது இயல்புகளில் பிரிக்கமுடியாதவாறு பிணைந்திருக்கின்றனவா ? (தேவர் மகன் தேவரா ?) இத்தகைய கேள்விகளை அழகாக எழுப்பும் படம். இந்தியச் சூழலில் இவை எல்லாம் மிக முக்கியமான சமூகக் கேள்விகள். காட்ஃபாதருக்கு இப்படி ஒரு (இந்திய) சமகோடு யோசித்ததே சாதனை தான்.

சூழ்நிலைகள் ஒப்பிடத்தக்கவை என்றாலும் விடோ கொர்லியோனும் பெரிய தேவரும் முற்றிலும் வேறுபட்ட மனிதர்கள். நியாய தர்மம் பற்றியா விவாதங்கள், கடமை/பொறுப்பு ஆகியவற்றை பற்றிய உரையாடல் எல்லாம் டான் விடொ செய்ய மாட்டார். மைக்கேலிடம்: " உன்னைத் தானே நம்பணும்..வேற யாரு இருக்கா நம்புறதுக்கு ?" என்ற உருக்கமான கேள்வியை கேட்க மாட்டார்.தேவர் மகனில் அந்த மையக் காட்சி தான் பெரிய தேவரின் முழு சித்திரத்தை நமக்கு அளிக்கிறது. இருந்தாலும்...அகர வரிசையில் வருவோம்.

படத்துவக்கத்தில் மகன் சக்தியை பற்றிய எதிர்பார்ப்பு, ஆனால் இளைக்காத தற்பெருமை ("எல்லாம் பழைய முறுக்குத்தேண்டி"). மகனைக் கண்டதும் அவர் காட்டும் பெருமிதம். அதன் பின் சக்தி காரை நோக்குவதால் 'அங்கு என்ன இருக்கிறது' என்ற ஆர்வப்பார்வை. பானுவைப் பார்த்ததும் வரும் இயல்பான தயக்கம் (கிட்டத்தட்ட வெறுப்பு). இதுவரை அந்தக் காட்சியில் வசனம் இல்லை என்பதே பார்ப்பவர்கள் உணர வாய்ப்பில்லை. "ஆரு இவுக ?" என்ற கேள்வியின் தொனியும் "வாங்க" என்பதில் உள்ள வரவேற்பின்மையுமே கதைகள் சொல்லும். நடிகனின் குரல் செய்ய வேண்டியவற்றை இதற்கு இணையாக சுறுக்கமாக காட்ட இயலாது.

பானுவைப் பற்றிய ஆவலை, மிடுக்கு குறையாமல் கேட்பது அடுத்த காட்சி.

"சீராலா""என்ன.......ளா ?" என்பதில் அந்த எள்ளலின் ஆரம்பம்.

வட்டார வழக்கையும், பேச்சு வழக்கங்களையும் பரிபூரணமாக உள்வாங்கிக்கொண்டு பேசப்பட்டது: "ங்கொண்ணேன் ஸ்டேஷ்னுக்கு வந்தாரா ?"
    தனது ஃப்ரெடோ குடிகாரனாக இருப்பதைப் பற்றிய வருத்தத்தை இக்காட்சியிலேயே பதிவு செய்கிறார். சிரிப்பில் !
    இதைப் பற்றிய கோபம் இரண்டு இடங்களில் வருகிறது, ஒரு இடத்தில் கிண்டலாக, ஒரு இடத்தில் உக்கிரமாக :

"ச்சாப்டர ஓட்டலா ....அட போடா....அம்மூர்ல எவன்டா ஓட்டல்ட ச்சப்டுவியான்.....ங்கொண்ணென் மாதிரி எவனாச்சும் இருந்தா அவன் ச்சப்டுவியான்"

"என்ன ஐயா, கண்ணை மூடி திறக்கிறதுக்குள்ள வேலியை போட்டுப்புட்டாய்ங்க"
    "நீங்க ஏன் கண்ணை மூடுறீய ? திறந்துகிட்டே இருக்கணும்......நாம தான் கண்ணை திறந்திட்டிருக்க நேரம் ரொம்ப குறைச்சல் ஆச்சே"

இதுபோன்ற கலைஞர்களுக்காக நாம் கண்னை திறந்திருக்கும் நேரம் குறைச்சல் தான்

(தொடரும்)
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Billgates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgates
    Devar Magan is one of the best performances of the Acting University though he appears in instalments only & not being part of the story !
    Well he was not the lead but without his character there is just no story.

kannannn, thanks for kind words (though I disagree with you - particularly wrt this thread.)

Thank You rangan_08. You are absolutely right. That was the trigger.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே