Thread: Synchronicity

Hybrid View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

fridge (@ netc*) on: Thu Mar 28 07:42:48

Scottie

To brush synchronicities away as mere coincidences is I guess easier.
    I used to wake from sleep about 30seconds before my alarm went off, Initialy I thought I had maybe pressed the snooze button in my sleep, but Looking at the time I could not have done that. That happens for a while and then stops, it does not happen anymore(now I never hear the alarm)
    I think that awaking 30secs before the alarm was a sign of the body's conditioning process after being used to the alarm. Maybe the sound of the alarm causes stress to the mind and body during sleep and the body .

I have had instances where I would out of the blue remember to phone someone and on reaching for the phone it would always ring and there they were, here I put it down to getting very used to a person and sort of developing a really good rapport that you become similar in thoughts and timing.

Some cultures are so superstitous regarding syncronicities that it virtually runs their lives, people live for signs and confirmations before taking the next step. Why are we like that, I guess maybe a belief in the excistance of God. Even the bible displays a lot of signs, E.G. Moses and the burning bush.

Man always doubts his abilities and common sense, he is always looking for approval from another source preferably a higher source, given all the sound reasoning and structure around us there is a romantic side that leaves stuff to chance. The film industries appeals to that human side of us when syncronicities are used in movies, always does the trick though, don't you think.

Read the following link, Jung describes it as "a meaningfull co-incidence."
    Found in the same site I found this phrase, I do not know whether I beleive in it but nevertherless it is heartwarming .
    "Synchronicities hint that beyond our habitual distinctions
    between matter and mind lies a higher synthesis"

http://www.fdavidpeat.com/bibliography/essays/text/saur.txt

Good luck to you and Deb,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement