Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
After multiple viewings of all his movies, 7GRC is my favorite. The acting was pathetic though. OTOH acting was terrific in kAdhal koNdEn. I still cant convince myself that PP is a great movie. The screenplay kind of wobbles here and there and the director sure got confused as to how to end the movie.
7G was a pretty straight forward movie. It was an overdose of emotion. OTOH PP was raw and complex. Right from the starting green tinged prison scenes (mudhal kola pannum bodhu udambula appadiye oru vesha bodhai erum. Naan dhaan ellamnu) to the end where he waits for his rival to finish his last meal, PP tied me to my seat. It is a movie that works on different layers - all of them waiting to be peeled and analysed. Every time I do that I am left spell-bound. Be it the split-screen effects or the map showing Kokki Kumar's expanding region of influence, Selva Raghavan's genius shines through. Not to mention his tribute to film makers from Coppola (PR, that's probably the aruval training scene you are talking about) to Tarantino .