Thread: Audio market - All time low

Hybrid View

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trouble is, film industry is a chaotic and selfish place. No one cares beyond their personal goal. An actors salary is just for the film. A music director gets his salary and that's how far he will strain himself. Even I am surprised when I hear that music directors get paid so much when their music isn't even selling to good levels. Sure, reviews will be there, good or bad. But then, that's because media needs something to write/talk about. And producers, well, they just want that extra money from audio sales.

I agree with Nitya about the downfall of music. It has steadily increased with every other hero coming up with self-glorifying songs, from Rajni to the latest Arya. How much can you hear that crap?

And like Ramesh says, music is heard on fm stations and online everywhere. That's because of copyright and laziness of music directors.

I think they should charge FM stations for playing songs. And internet music sites should be charged as well. It might take time, but it is a good way to curb all the audio problems. The reason people aren't buying is because they are getting everything free. These days, fans glorify music, but nothing is that good. I last bought ARR's Rang De Basanti, and it was just all right. Nothing compared to most of his other albums.

But even when you go to stores that sell audio cds, the store owners are selling pirated copies and have originals out for show and tell. Tamil music industry is becoming zero.

Even today, films will run 100/200 days. Especially in India. Problem is lousy theaters, high ticket prices, piracy, and tv. TV is a problem not because of mega serials, but because when TV has cinema 18hrs a day, why will people go to theaters. Film industry needs to look at all these issues.

Telugu industry still has films that run more then 100 days in more than 100 centers. Every year, several films run like that. The ticket prices are lower, the theaters are good and they are making good end products(technically), compared to Tamil. Their music industry has not been affected as badly as Tamil industry yet. There is still good market for music there.

Beyond everything, these music directors should come out and fight for copyright issues.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement