Page 69 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    Aboorva sago second or third day in tirunelveli - houseful for a 11:30 AM show on a saturday.
    what ? third day houseful for apoorva sagotharagar is big news ? Trichy Maris Rock-la 150 naalaikke houseful aache thalaiva

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Senior Hubber radiochandra1977's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Releasey aagatha padangalukkaaga ...... yenga ivalo kashta padareenga ? Unga kadamai unarchikku oru ellaye illayaa ?
    Kalaikkadavul Kamalin Bakthan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    what ? third day houseful for apoorva sagotharagar is big news ? Trichy Maris Rock-la 150 naalaikke houseful aache thalaiva

Maris Rock is to Trichy, what Devi is to Chennai, what Devi is to Hyderabad/Secunderabad, what Lido is to Bangalore, what Thangam (does it still exist?) or Cinipriya is to Madurai, what Santham Sapna & Santhosh are to Salem - most of these theaters have screened MGR/Kamal/Rajini blockbusters!

the theater am talking abt was in suburban Tirunelveli - very sleepy area - therefore 3rd day morning show houseful is special.

I recall watching AS in Kasi A/C (the A/C rarely worked) in Jafferkhanpet, Chennai, after 100 days completion and yet had to do advance booking!
    AS was marana popular plus critically acclaimed - families went in droves, i heard a man (in his 70s!) telling his wife "andha kadasi scenela, avaru (Kamal) sirichikkittey, aanaa kannula andha valiyum ugrathhayum yennamaa kaamchaaru" ! that was poora paisa vasool for me that someone appreciated such nuances!

there used to be one Vijaya theater close to Kasi, where I watched 'Guru' (i was just out of toddlerhood) - was fond of horses (still am) and was adamant to go with other ppl in their 20s for the Kamal horse scene (IR did an ennio morricone with the whistle tune on a mrudangam base!) 'yen per sigappu roja' had the theater roaring in applause! theater was beyond houseful on a weekend after 100 days, and we were given dondanakka plastic chairs in between the aisles!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    most of these theaters have screened MGR/Kamal/Rajini blockbusters!
    சிவாஜி கணேசன்-ன்னு ஒரு நடிகர் கூட இருந்தாருங்க ..அவரு படம் கூட ஏதோ சுமாரா ஓடியிருக்காமாம் ..ஏதோ பார்த்து போட்டு குடுங்க .

Post Thanks / Like
    சிவாஜி கணேசன்-ன்னு ஒரு நடிகர் கூட இருந்தாருங்க ..அவரு படம் கூட ஏதோ சுமாரா ஓடியிருக்காமாம் ..ஏதோ பார்த்து போட்டு குடுங்க .

mannichhukkunga sir! avasarathhula enter aavula - SG is now added - kosuru: vellai roja was amali dhumali hit (we were in salem then).

theaters like thangam came to mind coz of its capacity (largest am told) that apparently screened 100 houseful days of adimai penn, anbey vaa etc!
    -Robert Frost

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe, appadi enna avasiyam?

Post Thanks / Like
    திருநெல்வேலி - பாளையங்கோட்டை .. ரெண்டும் ஒண்ணு தான்பா ..என்னைய்யா கொளப்புறீங்க ?
    சாத்தூர் ? அங்க அப்பல்லாம் புதுப்படம் ரிலீஸ் ஆகுமா என்ன ?

satthoor is father-grandfather area - avanga kuduthha certificate thaan sir - yaen tension aavureenga ?

PS (unrelated) - ottu mothhamaa, athhana perum MGR padam flop aanadhaa solli kelvippattadhey illai
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone note the number of times Kamal's name is mentioned in Shankar's I?

I heard at least three such references....

1) Amy Jackson to Vikram - "Indhiyan Kamal maadhiri nadandhu kaattu", followed by Vikram walking in Kamal's style (Director considers this too filmy and rejects)
    2) Vikram to Amy - "Idhu Kamal sir maadhiri kiss illa, kannaththula dhaan"

...and the best one is:-

Santhanam to Vikram - "Kamal fans Blood donate panranga, Vijay fans Arisi donate panranga..." Sooperabbu!!
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

10. Likes otedoric liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fourth Film
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Vaamamargam' was mentioned in a recent interview.. Google landed me here :::http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vamachara

Also remember hearing another movie name in one of his interviews earlier : 'Moo'.. Would it be one of this?