Thread: Padalgal Palavidham - பாடல்கள் பலவிதம்

Hybrid View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Muarli sir,

Wonderful cover-up about ‘Endhan pon vaNNamE’ from Naan Vaazha VaipEn’.

Your detailed writing has took me to the past, and I am still there, even after finished reading of your article / analysis / history.

Because, for the previous songs you have covered earlier, all the incidents which you have described are heard (from various sources) and read (from various books and magazines).

But for these incidents what you have described in this song analysis, I am the living witness for all those happenings. Yes from Thangai film to 100th Day function of Naan Vaazha VaippEn, I am the witness, and was watching all those happenings in those period, especially initial period of NT – IR relationship. Wow, what a golden memory they are. I already told here and there in out NT thread about the happenings at Chennai during Thiyaagam, Kavariman, Andhaman Kaadhali releases.

I have attended the 100th day function of ‘Naan Vaazha VaippEn’ which was held on 102nd day at Chennai Chitra Theatre, during the interval of its evening show. It was not arranged in any star hotel, but celebrated in the theatre itself. (I strongly hope, Mr. Raghavendhar might be there. He already told he was in 100th days function of Viswaroopam at Shanthi).

NT, K.R.Vijaya, Rajinikanth, D.Yoganand, Jaiganesh, Thengai Srinivasan, and other artists and technical crews were participated and awarded 100th day shields. When the show was started, all of us waiting for the interval (we already saw the movie in several number of times, but this time mainly for the function). After interval, the function started and nearly one and half hour the speeches and award function took place. They were the happiest moments in life, watching our idols in real.

Let me live for some more moments there. Even though there were many films for Deepavali 1978, the main competition was between Pilot Premnath (Alankar) and Sigappu RojaakkaL (Devi Paradise). Other movies are Thaai Meedhu Sathiyam (Wellington) , Vandikaran Magan (Gaiety), Thanga Rangan (Plaza), Kannamoochi (Midland) and Thappu ThaalangaL (Pilot)… wow what a golden period it was.

Thanks a lot Murali sir.
    Your service always Priceless.

2. Likes RAGHAVENDRA liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement