Quote Originally Posted by thumburu View Post
Aug 15 2013 - If you have not seen today's DD where they telecast musical discussion with Raja, TVG, mridhangam player Arun Prakash [ I vaguely remember a couple of his posts in TFMPage during ULiyin Oasai" times. But Iam not too sure if they are the same ], and the ever present Mano , you have missed a fantabulous session with Raja big time. Hurry up and grab the youtube links of the DD programme from hyper[linked]active youthu like SKV and get saaba vimOchanam.

Being a DD programme and having a carnatic music doyen and legend like TVG who is Raja's Guru, the session seemed to revolve around classical raagas used by Raja. I could watch only from the middle, Hamsadhwani in "Mayile mayile". I think there was some recap about the composition of the kannada evergreen "jotheyalli" before that. Then Raja recalled how he got motivated by TVG constantly humming a ThyagarAja kruthi in Bilahari and came up with the classic in Raja's own stamp, "koondhalilE mEgam vandhu". Raja was also showering his appreciation on KaNNadAsan who could on the spot come up with the poetic lines that followed the long, short phrases and the tumbling fall like flow in the pallavi tune. This was the first of the last 3 songs penned by him. Raja was at home and ease with musicians and the session was music focussed. Compare this with the apparent discomfort with sycophant kodambAkkam gumbal and gnyAna shoonya media/press who conduct interview session with him.
Here you go.. though they have recorded it, blessed is the person who thought of doing this at least

There are four parts to it and you will be able to see the links as you click on the first link above.