Thread: Top Ten Favourite Hollywood Flicks.

Threaded View

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one's interesting.Guess its accessible for non-intellectuals too :P
    Here's what I cud think of atm.

Mr Smith Goes To Washington-The climax filibuster episode was the single most powerful scene/piece of acting I've ever experienced.This one from the Capra-Stewart studio left a lasting uplifting impact on me.

Roman Holiday-I've been in limerent love with miss Audrey Hepburn for the past year or so.Wyler arranged for our first meeting in Rome.

The Shining-Never had the clarity to appreciate most of Kubricks,yet sat through a few trying to self-intellectualise.But this one here genuinely scared the shite outta me.Still when Olive Oyl examines the manuscripts or when Jacky heaves through doors with that collarbone axe.

The Maltese Falcon-Tough to choose between this and 'The Big Sleep' but that satisfied walk after Bogart's first meeting with 'that fat man' tilts me towards the falcon.You can't help but acknoledging that Bogies probably the coolest man to walk this earth.The kind of coolness that dreams are made of.

My Fair Lady-An abridged version of the play was part of our high school prose.A screening in Woodlands was arranged and watching our Engleesh teacher swear and mock in a fit about our lack of 'class' was among the best days of my school life.6 years later after delightful holidays in Rome,Paris,Tiffany's et all,here I am happily reciting 'The Rain in Spain' having a cuppatea with my loverly lady.

In the Heat of the Night-One of those rare occasions where I wanted to jump into the screen,slap everybody,yell wtf and sort the proceedings out :P

The Philadelphia Story-Always hated Katharine for stealing Hepburn from my darling,but couldn't help admiring her elegance and ruthless arrogance with which she outshines an in form Grant and Stewart in this screwball romcom.

The Green Mile-Liked it better than Shawshank because of the added bizzareness,warmth and yeah Hanks.

Mulholland Drive-Ended up watching it due to the constant Lynchings and Interpretation discussions among my peer groups.Thats the period I was getting started with serious english movies and understandably the climax got my ballzies crushed.Ended up loving the dreaminess during revisits.

Million Dollar Baby-I'm pretty emotional and a big fan of the 'water' genre.This one left me dehydrated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement