1 10.00%
  • Marathi

0 0%
  • Bengali

0 0%
  • others

0 0%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Which industry is better moving forward in India?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't find Tyrewala's writing for his own films is 'so amazing' thus far, both his films (written and directed) does not aspire beyond radio play, all things considered. And the central premise of JTYJN, is an age-old theme. Cocktail of well-known ingredients. All ingredients very refined for mainstream Northy/NRI janta. Post-JHS debacle, AT doesn't want to return back to rom-com again. His work that I value most, is as collaborator under vision and guidance of a filmmaker. Like VB. If that man had rubbed off on AT, I expect better when he moves in to more serious genres.

I'm not saying VP is far the better filmmaker, but his films (bar Goa) all have its own mood & atmospherics, despite having similar characters. I'm thinking of Saroja. I'm thinking of Chennai-28. At least, there's a semblance of a film to be experienced. Also, I've been in Chennai and I find his films to get that attitude spot on. JTYJN are elite 'cool' folks who I've grown to hate, hated while growing, will continue to be that way.. Already sound like a patronizing curmudgeon for my age. Think we all should embrace that fact.
    ...an artist without an art.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    we also watch hindi movies like french, italian, iranian movies
    May be the 'we' you referred is different group ..But i think most common movie goers in Tamil nadu don't watch Hindi , french ,Italian , iranian movies with same mindset .. definitely Hindi is more influential as a dominant language of the nation they belong to .Watching Hindi movies is always seen as a first step of going beyond the kundu chattikul kuthirai ..Infact Malayalam , telugu which are more close to Tamil has less audience among Tamil ..But in kerala , I believe Tamil second only to Malayalam , ofcourse they watch Hindi and dubbed telugu movies .
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    I am serious. Even if you consider technical aspects, distance between telugu and tamil is not far. Just watch their Magadheera, Yamadonga etc. How they use it is a different matter but the quality is there pretty much. Also, I haven't seen genuinely funny comedy movies like telugu. They are also good in creating entertaining screenplay though way artifical at times. We - tamil industry are quite confused on whether to make artistic films or commerical films. In the end, we fail to satisfy both the audience.
    oh intha padama..

telegu films are the worst..siruthai/thillagadi/kutty etc ellam pathachu...patha decent padam happy days mattum thaan..Adukalam is an example of striking a balance btw artistic and commercial..

Maddy Kashapar is overrated..Manja Boots ponnu was one crap film..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sigh...
    instead of tamizh by mistake I voted "kannada"
    ennai mannuchudunga

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha View Post
    sigh...
    instead of tamizh by mistake I voted "kannada"
    ennai mannuchudunga
    Venumnae Kannadathukku vote pottutu ippadi dabaikkureenga. That's OK. Anyway, ShivaRajKumar santhosa paduvaaru

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    if u think hindi directors are also waning, its not quite false.....still the edge is with hindi.....

and as selva pointed out to me, the average tamil films and hindi films borrow heavily from telugu movies - they are giving out great fun scripts and new ideas......the Indian mainstream market is dominated by telugu scripts
    Salman Khan had resurrected his career with telugu remakes : SRK is out of the game and I am happy about it since I can tolerate action movies but not his louuuuu movies.
    Telugu film directors have directed some hindi films as well. For e.g., Buddha hoga tera baap was good and I really enjoyed watching Amitabh like that. Puri J creates good screenplays.
    Both tamil and telugu have imported a lot of from telugu over the years. Malayalam sollave venam. They directly consume telugu movies. Infact, telugu movies are regularly dubbed into malayalam and released in Kerala.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    telegu films are the worst..siruthai/thillagadi/kutty etc ellam pathachu...patha decent padam happy days mattum thaan..Adukalam is an example of striking a balance btw artistic and commercial..
    Maddy Kashapar is overrated..Manja Boots ponnu was one crap film..
    Siruthai - See the original Vikramarkudu. Again, after watching all movies of Ravi Teja. You can "feel" how a director can transform an actor known for his comedy into a serious personality.
    Thillalangai - Again, see the original KICK without any prejudice. Ravi Teja rocks. After kick, if you see Siruthai original, you will ask whether it was the same guy
    Happy days - I haven't seen it I felt it was boring and stopped it after 5 mins.

OK here you go for feel good movies

1. Manmadhudu
    2. Godavari - too good and don't miss it
    3. Bommarilu - you have seen this already Sa.Su
    4. Dookudu - Action + sentiment

Lot of movies are there. After seeing all of them, I can't stop wondering how good and how bad we are in terms of importing their content.
    If you are talking about that magadheera scene, tell me one great movie in tamil that was completely logical including the movies that you enjoyed

P.S: Over the top violence and nuditity in telugu films are not my cup of tea.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    Telugu film directors have directed some hindi films as well. For e.g., Buddha hoga tera baap was good and I really enjoyed watching Amitabh like that. Puri J creates good screenplays.
    Its biggest flop here...

Mani rathnam sir'ai maranthittingala.. ARR-ai maranthittingala...

Ellarum Kollywood'lerndhu Bolly'kku ponavanga...

The success of remake of telugu movies to hindi movies is accepted.. bt it s sum extent..

Eventhough if its remake movie, the movie success mainly depends on 'Star power'...

'Ready' movie'la salman nadikkama vera yaaravathu nadichiruntha, def. flop aayirukkum..

Tamil'lerndhu remake panna vendiya padam niraiya irukku... bt athukku time aagum...

Except action & romance, what kind of genre u can expect frm tollywood ?...

bt kollywood apdi ila.. u can expect all kind of movies...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought the topic is for going forward, not jump off the cliff and burst in to flames. Telegu philums.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead they should have made the hero diffuse a nuclear bomb by carrying it all alone in the climax. May be that would have been 'forward' for many
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast