1 10.00%
  • Marathi

0 0%
  • Bengali

0 0%
  • others

0 0%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Which industry is better moving forward in India?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Maddy's just hurt after what Grouch had to say about Sangar..
    and u r hurt that someone else in HUB watches japanese movies too?
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ellarume tirudaynggathan sollapona kurudaynggathan. Mysskin, Coppola, Lucas, Kurosawa, Ford, Leone, Kamalagaasan. Ithelaam classy cat burglars. And then you have snatch thieves like Shankar, MR, and bunch of others.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    and u r hurt that someone else in HUB watches japanese movies too?
    I'm happy. But you haven't watched Kikujiro if you think Mysskin does it s-by-s, clearly a film that is entirely governed by Mysskin's own formalism..

Also deflating my other point are we? Films are interpretations.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't say Leone burgled from Kurosawa even if you watched it back to back. If you do, you're thinking them of text illustration and not thinking them as films.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy. But you haven't watched Kikujiro if you think Mysskin does it s-by-s, clearly a film that is entirely governed by Mysskin's own formalism..

Also deflating my other point are we? Films are interpretations.
    for me a film is dynamic montages governed by writing.....if both these aspects look similar in 2 movies, i wouldnt hesitate to call it a glaring copy......the camera movement in Mysskin's movies are a glaring give away of his copycat identity.......

true, films are interpretations.........for groucho, mani sir is a chain snatching thief like vaanam simbhu but to me he is a master(ofcourse in film making).....for me, mysskin is very good, has techniques to keep a film engaging but he is certainly not taking forward tamil films - nothing technically, nothing storywise........we have to see how mugamudi has fared because its probably his avan ivan.........i think bala and mysskin are on their way to pack their bags.........that would help tamil films go forward really.........
    Last edited by MADDY; 1st September 2012 at 08:27 PM.
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Compare and contrast us at what point does Kitano's Kikujiro governs Mysskin's formalism in Nandhalala. Where's the glaring copy-cat. Also writing is very different in both films. Also, the emotions are very much repressed in K's K while M's N is unrelenting in its melodrama.

And if you go that loosely, Sangar's in Endhiran has been copped out to be a lift with that video then. Where has your standards gone then?

Also if you seem to believe in such loose definition of copycat, then Mani Ratnam tops the list. With direct link to Coppola and Kurosawa in Nayagan & Thalapathy. Maybe even Anjali & ET, to take it far.

And montages aren't governed by writing in literal sense, it's governed in form of vision and treatment. It's exactly this which differs from Kitano to Mysskin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saying that, I don't cater to loose standards. Sangar's direction is underrated here in Hub, he has his own sense of rhythm. His form of composition and editing works in mainstream in a loud way, but effectively than unimaginative hacks. It's the content that makes you flinch in disgust. His material sucks.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bravo ex - Thilak. Well put. Hope in few years time you could express in simpler language and get bigger following that folks like you and PR, etc deserve.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Compare and contrast us at what point does Kitano's Kikujiro governs Mysskin's formalism in Nandhalala.
    enna oru 10 marks kudupeengala idha answer panna??? i dont understand what you mean by formalism here?? nandalala looked like the story, characterisation and promo stills were taken from kikujiro and rest were improvised on the sets.......i mean how do you explain the same plots.........

And if you go that loosely, Sangar's in Endhiran has been copped out to be a lift with that video then. Where has your standards gone then?
    shankar is not a pretender whereas bala and mysskin are pretenders........shankar is honest when he takes mainstream entertainment to audiences as it is whereas bala and mysskin take gory violence and some setpiece sentiments to emotionally manipulate the viewer.........shankar's expertise lies somewhere else...

Also if you seem to believe in such loose definition of copycat, then Mani Ratnam tops the list. With direct link to Coppola and Kurosawa in Nayagan & Thalapathy. Maybe even Anjali & ET, to take it far.
    even kamalhassan with his unabashed copy of gestures from pacino, brando, de niro etc doesent fit as a copycat - theres much more to kamal than these passing influences just like mani is beyond just nayagan and GF influences in nayagan........but sadly, mysskin is a shadow of kitano, kurusowa and other film festival directors.........

And montages aren't governed by writing in literal sense, it's governed in form of vision and treatment. It's exactly this which differs from Kitano to Mysskin.
    obviously, movie is not a powerpoint slide having pictures, it has a storyboard.......if u say, mysskin just got up one day and painted his own visuals and effect, then i think we can spare some web space
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    http://newindianexpress.com/entertai...?service=print

It is understandable if a filmmaker has been inspired by the work of another, and has used it as a reference for his film. But replicating not just the concept, but almost the entire graph of the plot and narration without giving due credit to the original is blatant plagiarism.

It’s not just an embarrassment to the maker, but to the viewer too. But some makers probably go by the maxim that imitation is the best form of flattery!
    more or less my thoughts too, though i would have worded it differently........obviously, everyone could see the banality in the similarities but except for HUBbers
    _________

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast